Pot may hike risk of psychosis, research finds

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry eve, I don't know how to break this to you, but you are doomed if you have ever used......................even if you didn't inhale.

LOL Just kidding, of course.

Then again, if you do, and you stop, it could bring on the onset of WRAP, WRAP is wild rampamt aberrative psychosis, a very dangerous condition.
you've seen Reefer madness haven't you Buzz? (aka Tell Your Children)

No, I haven't JBeanya.
WHAT?!
It is from 1936 and it is a classic. IT was a REAL film for parents.
It became a kind of a cult film to go see at the late night showings when I was a girl.
Just put it on watch the beginning and then skip to the end. The pot users all go MAD and MURDER people!!!

Here's the link. You will appreciate it because it was supposed to be educational

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82420128930236

History Channel has the history of Pot on right now. I think they just mentioned Reefer Madness. I heard the music on the TV downstairs and thought it was from the movie. I flipped it on and it is all about pot lol.

heehee

I have never been into pot, makes me hungry and stupid. The 2 things I hate to be.
But I know a lot of people that still use pot to this day and there area lot of very successful people.
--true--Famed Astronomer Carl Sagan was a lifelong pot smoker, although doctors said his pot-smoking did contribute to his death,think it interfered with his treatment or something

History Channel has the history of Pot on right now. I think they just mentioned Reefer Madness. I heard the music on the TV downstairs and thought it was from the movie. I flipped it on and it is all about pot lol.
--yes I remember that old 1936 movie very well--Itwas a blast--Dave O''Brien looking wild-eyed and yelling "faster faster"--very funny film

I can't remember which channel is the history channel on U-verse.

Yes, I have heard pot causes psychosis. When you stop smoking, you realize the world really does have no true cure for cancer, has abuse, wars, crime, death, destruction, lousy french fries (you used to think they were heaven), and you find there isn't a darn thing you can do about it...high or not. Hmmm..this so is reality! LOL Is it really such a horrible thing?! What is a little psychosis between realities?

I can't remember which channel is the history channel on U-verse.
Oh I have no idea I was hoping you were watching it. it is so interesting.
Channel 62 here but don't think that helps you?
They did refernce reefer madness.

It's always interesting to me to see that the world hasn't changed much over the years.

I havent tried pot so I dont have personal experience but my cousin who is an exdruggie is a nut! So it wouldn't surprise me. Even on bipolar meds she is off her rocker. She never really acted like it before her drug problem.

I think the piano music from Reefer Madness has given me temporary insanity.

That was an interesting movie, but it wasn't what I thought it would be at all. I doubt I'll be showing this one to my kids!

Yes, I have heard pot causes psychosis. When you stop smoking, you realize the world really does have no true cure for cancer, has abuse, wars, crime, death, destruction, lousy french fries (you used to think they were heaven), and you find there isn't a darn thing you can do about it...high or not. Hmmm..this so is reality! LOL Is it really such a horrible thing?! What is a little psychosis between realities?

No kidding!!!!

LOL - maybe I am just in deep denial, but I think pot should be legal and that alcohol is WAY more dangerous than pot.

It's gonna take a lot more than this study to make me scared of pot....but that's just my bad attitude about the subject.

You're not in deep denial, southcitymom!! I agree with you 100%.

LOL - maybe I am just in deep denial, but I think pot should be legal and that alcohol is WAY more dangerous than pot.

It's gonna take a lot more than this study to make me scared of pot....but that's just my bad attitude about the subject.

totally agree with you. I believe alcohol is more dangerous. I know my area, we have more drunk drivers. I haven't heard of anybody driving erratically from smoking pot.

When I was in high school (1975) they showed Reefer Madness on the last day of school in the auditorium. Can you believe it? I think they thought maybe we wouldn't skip school if they did! LOL! Having an "open campus," we went out and toked up before the flick, naturally. After the movie, we jumped in our cars and went to the beach! But not before we stopped at my friend's for some pot brownies, which my friend's mom made with her own home grown stuff. Cross my heart, true story. Those were the days!

After what I see with alcohol and meth, I find it hard to get worked up about pot. Personally, I'm with South. Legalize it. I know some hardazz alkies who switched to pot and are now functioning. Sorry they can't go through life clean, but it is definitely the lesser of two evils, imo. With my students, the potheads are a little lazy, but sane and lovable. The methheads are bonkers and dangerous and the alkies are on the road to destruction, just more slowly. I have never seen a violent pothead. Never.

Eve

When I was in high school (1975) they showed Reefer Madness on the last day of school in the auditorium. Can you believe it? I think they thought maybe we wouldn't skip school if they did! LOL! Having an "open campus," we went out and toked up before the flick, naturally. After the movie, we jumped in our cars and went to the beach! But not before we stopped at my friend's for some pot brownies, which my friend's mom made with her own home grown stuff. Cross my heart, true story. Those were the days!

After what I see with alcohol and meth, I find it hard to get worked up about pot. Personally, I'm with South. Legalize it. I know some hardazz alkies who switched to pot and are now functioning. Sorry they can't go through life clean, but it is definitely the lesser of two evils, imo. With my students, the potheads are a little lazy, but sane and lovable. The methheads are bonkers and dangerous and the alkies are on the road to destruction, just more slowly. I have never seen a violent pothead. Never.

Eve

I have never seen a violent pothead either.

totally agree with you. I believe alcohol is more dangerous. I know my area, we have more drunk drivers. I haven't heard of anybody driving erratically from smoking pot.

I'll have to agree with this statement too. I've never ever heard of anyone smoking pot to OD either. :D

Alcohol is a lot more dangerous and it's legal to drink. Pot grows naturally from a plant that God put on this earth ;) and it's illegal.......doesn't make any sense to me.

I agree- I dont like it anymore cause started making me feel paranoid- but damn my house sure use to be alot cleaner than it is now :D

eta- I would start one thing...then another...then another.... then it was all done--!

How funny, the same thing happened to me. I was the biggest pot head out there - had to have pot to get me motivated to do anything. Wouldn't clean the house unless I was "high."

Then, all of a sudden one day it started to make me feel paranoid and every time I smoked I would get that way, so I quit --- too strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954
Back