Potential DT Witness Sally Karioth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he only thought of it today they why did LKB talk about the DT having a bombshell when she was on TV on Wednesday night?

bombshell tonight

wacky florida holistic priestess to testify

having given up its right to having real drs testify

dt brings in holistic holy roller

baez claims he can prove earth is round

bombshell tonight

unleash the bloggers

I have not yet read the thread, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the defense team is going to tie in ICA's behavior from April 2006 to present day as being grief related.

It was brought out in testimony from Leonard Turtora that ICA has not been employed by Universal since April 2006, yet she continued to carry on her farce of a life by telling people that she was still employed there.

Obviously, little Caylee did not die until June 16, 2008, so there is no way that ICA could already have been grieving her death for 2 years prior to it even occurring.

That's exactly why the DT had to bring in the allegations of GA's life long sexual abuse of ICA. It wasn't only a convenient way to blame the unexplained cover up of what was supposedly an accidental drowning on someone other than the defendant, but also a way to explain her long time behaviors of lying and stealing. Every bad act ever commited by ICA, up to and including killing and hiding her child's body, is GA's fault. He's the ultimate scapegoat. Unconscionable tactic, IMO, but what else did he have?

Education :
master's degrees, education and community and family healthPhD
PhD degree, educational psychology and administration
nursing degree, education and community and family health

Hmm so nothing in clinical psych or anything like that. That's what I suspected. I think she is definitely overselling herself.

I'm not convinced that the judge will let her testify. There is no report, and her CV doesn't fill more than a page. It seems she would testify as a bereavement expert, but the Judge said that bereavement doesn't happen until after someone is dead ... and we all know that Casey didn't learn about that until after she was in jail (or so she led people to believe). Since she is presumed to be innocent, all she supposedly knew was that her daughter was with the nanny ... so partying until she was arrested has nothing to do with her knowledge that her daugter was dead. There's no reason to testify about her bereavement process after learning that her daughter was dead - when she was in prison. With the drowning theory ... we need something to hold that up before testimony that she was bereave-partying should be admissible. The Judge also said that unless the testimony assists the jury in understanding something better, there is a previous citation where bereavement testimony is not automatically accepted ... and then there's the issue of Baez saying that he "just thought of it" when it was already discussed in court in mid-April.

What the heck are Baez and his team up to ??? ... they don't even know what motions they're filing for the following morning?

http://www.wftv.com/video/28114180/index.html

There are quite a few of us on here that have lost a child and heck those jokes during the first throes of grief would have been quite helpful - not.

This last move is more than disgusting to families of deceased children.

I could go on but I don't want a time out or to be banned.

I agree with every word you posted, SallyLu. I could go on as well, but will not.

I missed the last hour of trial yesterday and am watching now. Am I getting this right. Is JB NOW trying to say he wants this "expert" in because she can help testify on how people may sometimes behave when grieving?

Is he NOW trying to say Casey acted out, lied, stole, etc. because she was grieving and not because she was molested like he first tried to say? Is that what I heard? If so, he's all over the place trying to explain her behavior away.

I got the idea that this person was for general "people grieve differently" talk. Surely she does not know enough about Casey or her family to give an expert opinion on them.

Which came first, chicken or egg????

I do not even pretend to understand JB's thinking - but was Casey having a pretend job for all that time before Caylee died, stealing money, etc. due to being molested as a young girl - and was grieving that? Or were the rest of her lies after Caylee died the grieving part?

I missed the last hour of trial yesterday and am watching now. Am I getting this right. Is JB NOW trying to say he wants this "expert" in because she can help testify on how people may sometimes behave when grieving?

Is he NOW trying to say Casey acted out, lied, stole, etc. because she was grieving and not because she was molested like he first tried to say? Is that what I heard? If so, he's all over the place trying to explain her behavior away.

I'm sure they can find an expert to say that Casey is psychic and grieved in anticipation of her loss and that's why she was acting out, lying and stealing before Caylee died and probably even before she was born.

A poster mentioned George.
Maybe he too has issues that needed resolved?
maybe he needs support for grief?
I mean yes I am sure in some way ICA has some sort of reason for her actions..
try the truth...
JEALOUSY toward her own child....

LOL Thanks guys. I thought I was getting that right. JB really is something else. He'd rather go along with all this nonsense, which sounds so asinine, rather than just face the truth. Crazy!

Which came first, chicken or egg????

I do not even pretend to understand JB's thinking - but was Casey having a pretend job for all that time before Caylee died, stealing money, etc. due to being molested as a young girl - and was grieving that? Or were the rest of her lies after Caylee died the grieving part?

I'm sure they can find an expert to say that Casey is psychic and grieved in anticipation of her loss and that's why she was acting out, lying and stealing before Caylee died and probably even before she was born.

We've come to distrust many who become associated with the DT,but in the light of a new day,I realize,we don't know what this RN's involvement is yet.
Brad Conway and Mark NeJame had an experience with a motion made by the DT making claims,and Brad denies them.
The DT had other experts ,but once the SA was ableto depose them,the DT stopped one of the depos and dropped the good dr.s.
I'm going to step back from making any more comments about Ms. Karioth ,and focus on the DT's incompetence ,in this case,but respect others to choose where they want to take this : )

http://www.wftv.com/video/28114180/index.html

I haven't read this thread yet, I wanted to watch the video first. I signed off after having watched all day-and missed the part about the new defense witness(and George's medical records).

Watching the part where Jose discusses the new witness. From what I am getting( 8:00 mark) is Jose is saying he did not anticipate he would have to explain the "different ways people grieve" because he didn't think the evidence of how Casey was acting before/after would be allowed in the trial.

So he based this defense of Caylee drowning and the George cover up, on the idea that things like the party pics, the shopping videos and the jailhouse tapes-would never been seen by the jury? That is what I am getting.

How long ago did Jose know what the defense was going to use in court? Wouldn't he know that his having to fight to keep something out was the State fighting to use it? :waitasec:

ETA: Chalk one up for watching a little more of the video to have it explain exactly what I was wondering.

(8:06)
JA: Heard and denied motions by the defense attempting to exclude the evidence that Mr. Baez has just said to you he was surprised that you allowed in. I believe that the claim that he was surprised was disingenuous. I would point out to the court the defense's pleading filed on April 12th 2011, titled: Defendant's Response to Motion for Examination by Mental Health Expert. At paragraph two they in fact suggest, that they may want in the alternative, to call an expert who has not examined the defendant,- precisely what they are saying they just thought of. :liar:
(end snip)

Yeah, Jose is being disingenuous. But the question I have is, is this Jose...because this reeks of Casey's way of lying...or are they both the same kind of liar...a combo of them both? Why would Jose say this is something he thought of now? I should probably go listen to the rest of the video because JA might tell me why.

:websleuther:

Thank you Chiquita! That's what I want to know! He said he wasn't expecting something or other and I thought what were you not expecting that made you need this expert? Maybe he wasn't expecting the A's to not fall in line???

Hmmmmm. If she testifies as a bereavement expert, I wonder if the court would revisit showing the jail video where she learns a body was found and "begins" the grieving process. (Please see Mr. Baez for an explanation of why I used quotation marks back there.)

maybe they are hoping to MOTIVATE/INSPIRE the jury to buy the bs they are selling but I don't think this lady has a shot in hell of being allowed in as an expert

Another person to add to the already HOAKY list...

Does anyone else think it is hinky that GA's med records and this lady came up together? I bet this woman is gonna be used as a tool to hang GA as much as "help" KC. His suicide attempt will undoubtedly be used to show his supposed consciousness of grief. Not. Cool.

Baez has George's Medical Records???? How can that be??

Or is it the Suicide attempt LETTER that Baez has? I thought that was sealed.

I hope the A's did not give a copy of any of Georges records or that letter to Baez

Baez has George's Medical Records???? How can that be??

Or is it the Suicide attempt LETTER that Baez has? I thought that was sealed.

I hope the A's did not give a copy of any of Georges records or that letter to Baez

If he DOES have them, GA must have given them to him right? Otherwise there would have been a motion and hearing to compel, like TLs phone records, right? I hope GA gave them to him BEFORE he got thrown under the bus

I am not impressed with this "surviving life-after-loved one's death" nurse who delivers speeches, for an undisclosed fee. Sounds like she found a profitable career. A golden opportunity for one who does not die of stage fright, and can speak and joke about death. Certainly not appropriate for excusing the behavior of ICA. The longer this trial drags on, the more convinced I become that under our legal system it is possible to get away with murder. What about the real victim named Caylee Marie?

:clap:

My question is
Is Jose Baez, YET AGAIN trying to conduct a TRIAL BY AMBUSH in the great STATE of Florida?

IMO its not that Baez did not have time to prepare for this trial...IMO it has become apparent that Baez's intention was to AMBUSH the Court during TRIAL all along JUST like he did in the Nilton Diaz murder trial:twocents:

Baez has been told REPEATEDLY by JBP that trial by ambush is NOT allowed in Florida..but Baez continues to attempt it nonetheless.

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Hmmmmm. If she testifies as a bereavement expert, I wonder if the court would revisit showing the jail video where she learns a body was found and "begins" the grieving process. (Please see Mr. Baez for an explanation of why I used quotation marks back there.)

I obviously missed something back there somewhere. What is the deal with the quotation marks and JB? Can someone explain or point me in the direction of documents, posts, or videos that explain this.

I always miss the good stuff!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back