Preliminary Report Human Remains are not Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they search the land extensively or just the house?
I recall the house not the land with dogs etc...

I believe that there was a search of the land after they got a warrant, but I didn't think they took enough time or manpower to search it very well. I got the impression that Shawn's family was not happy about the searching and did everything they could to limit it. It didn't take long and no volunteers or experienced search and rescue teams were allowed...just a few LE, and some were CCPD. I don't think CCPD worked well with Rangers or FBI. MOO

Did they search the land extensively or just the house?
I recall the house not the land with dogs etc...

I don't recall the land being searched but some out building or garage was if I recall correctly.

I believe that there was a search of the land after they got a warrant, but I didn't think they took enough time or manpower to search it very well. I got the impression that Shawn's family was not happy about the searching and did everything they could to limit it. It didn't take long and no volunteers or experienced search and rescue teams were allowed...just a few LE, and some were CCPD. I don't think CCPD worked well with Rangers or FBI. MOO

That's what I remember too. Wonder why they didn't want a search on their land?
If it was my I'd say please search and eliminate me asap so, we can search for Hailey.

Something stinks.
I wished they searched more thoroughly.

Wasn't there a search for Gabriel Johnson in Texas? He's still missing..8 months old. Last anyone saw of Gabriel was with His mother Elizabeth and she was in Texas seeing that Tammy person.

The man that discovered the body did mention a hand of a "child" *sigh*

That would also explain the FBI collecting evidence. More so then in Haileys case.

Considering CCity and the FBI seem to have different ideas or whatever.

Remember SA asking on MS if anyone had actually went too far and actually did something like kill someone? This may not be over yet. Depends on the identity of the deceased person. If he links to SA or not. It troubles me this body was found so close to the house and remembering the searchers saying when they were out there searching he sat on the porch watching them. I think there could be alot more to this story to come out with this body being found.

Remember SA asking on MS if anyone had actually went too far and actually did something like kill someone? This may not be over yet. Depends on the identity of the deceased person. If he links to SA or not. It troubles me this body was found so close to the house and remembering the searchers saying when they were out there searching he sat on the porch watching them. I think there could be alot more to this story to come out with this body being found.

BBM he sat on grandma's porch.........body found near mother's.

I still in my heart think SA/BD know where Hailey is and I think it is close to this victim. Maybe closer to mom's??? Just a gut feeling.

Yes, Shawn used to sit on his grandma's porch. Wasn't that in Scurry County? He told LE that Hailey could be found in Scurry County. Maybe they should search there.

He was not sitting at his moms in big spring when he was said to have stared down the searchers . That happened at his grandmothers in Dunn.

I thought something found with the body pointed to Hailey. Wasn't that in the early news reports?
maybe there was? which would be weird, but how many murdered bodies are laying around, this relatively small area? If this murder victim isn't connected to Haleigh, I'll be surprised, because I have a hard time imagining a bunch of murderers/body buriers, running around loose. And if this man/boy wasn't murdered, how did he wind up where he was?

I didn't hear about remains being found when I first came here Tuesday. I had an incredibly strong feeling come over me to check on the Hailey Dunn case, and then I found out remains had been found that very same day. Why was I brought here only to feel punked? Is there more to be found in that area? Will this all make sense later?

I dont think it will make since later. It will probably only be more senceless.

maybe there was? which would be weird, but how many murdered bodies are laying around, this relatively small area? If this murder victim isn't connected to Haleigh, I'll be surprised, because I have a hard time imagining a bunch of murderers/body buriers, running around loose. And if this man/boy wasn't murdered, how did he wind up where he was?

There were a number of unrelated missing people in Big Spring area, two of them are believed to be homicide victims, according to early reports when the body was first found. So ya, there ARE a number of separate murderers running around there.

I was shocked the other day when watching NG and she had said Hailey may have been found. Now I am shocked that the remains are male and not Hailey.

For over a year, I lost hope that Hailey would be found, then I had hope that she finally had been. Now that hope is gone again.

So many people missing, so many never found and so many perps getting away with murder. It sickens me!

Hailey, please show us where you are.

Praying Hailey will find her way home soon.
Hopefully, the child that was found can be identified and the perp prosecuted. MOO!

There were a number of unrelated missing people in Big Spring area, two of them are believed to be homicide victims, according to early reports when the body was first found. So ya, there ARE a number of separate murderers running around there.
I live in an area of Texas, about this same size, and yes we have our share of murders, but as far as I know, hiding or burying bodies, is just about unheard of. Killers normally leave their victims, in the same place where they were killed. I guess hiding and burying, shows a liklihood of a murder, not being in the heat of the moment? IDK why I'm shocked by the callousness, but I am. Just thinking about different people, looking for places to dispose of different bodies, freaks me out.

I am in complete shock!
1. Than where is Hailey????
2. What missing male child is this????
I was really hoping for answers for this sweet little girl. Now, there's two mysteries.

IMO, if SA lawyered up because he thought they had found Hailey and it turns out it wasn't Hailey at all, that's good evidence that SA doesn't know where Hailey is. If he did, he'd have known it wasn't her.

If I were him and totally innocent, you're darn tootin' I'd lawyer up if there were reports of a body found where this one was.

BBM

Or maybe she was placed somewhere in the vicinity and he thought they found her? :waitasec:

One of those two was last seen in California, though they are from Texas. The family believes that one was killed in California.
They commented that is one of the reason they didn't believe this body was their son.

If you go to the first thread within the first 30 posts or so Kimster listed those that we know are missing in the area. I'll be back with a link in a minute.

Here you go.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Remains found in Big Spring

thank u for this link i looked at all 4 ....all 4 r way big far from a child size .... 1 is 5 ft 11 2 r 6 feet n the last 6 ft 3 .....i just came on very shocked by the news still thank u all 4 all u do truly appreciate ....my tummy feels very ill ....i'm literally shaking .......sooooooooooo shocked

Oh SDT, no, please don't feel like that ! Many of us thought this was Hailey !

I was very confident it was Hailey ! I am just shocked that it is not Hailey, the remains being so close to Shawn's mother's home ...

:rose: for Hailey :rose:

I thought it was Hailey too and was hoping that this would make it possible for those responsible to be prosecuted and for her family to finally have her back home where she belongs. I hope that she is found soon. My prayers go out to the other victim and his loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu