Preliminary Report Human Remains are not Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet all messed up for the last couple of days and of course my news is not talking much about it. I was so sure it would be Hailey. Seems like they should do a full search of the area. If one person got in to dispose a body whose to say a second person did not get in. And just to comment on one thing I read above about SA lawyered up means he has no idea where the remains are, it could be him lawyered up b/c he buried Hailey near by or maybe he is associated with this other body as well. What years were the 2 missing men happen? I know I read it somewhere but can find it now.

I'd truly like to know who those unnamed sources were. This media changed the article after saying LE was 90% sure:

BIG SPRING, TX (KCBD) -
The FBI and DPS investigators were on the scene in Big Spring Wednesday morning after a body was discovered Tuesday. KCBD NewsChannel 11 has learned from multiple sources that officials were 90 percent sure that the body was that of Hailey Dunn, 13, who turned up missing from Colorado City in late December of 2010.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17205156/fbi-to-investigate-human-remains-found-near-big-spring-airport

Like so much of the media nowdays, the "multiple sources" were probably other media outlets reporting the same rumour. When people say something that is wrong often enough it becomes accepted fact.

You could see that in many of the reports when they discussed the background to the case, all they did was dig up the old reports from the various affidavits and regurgitated that, even though we know know that much of that was either misrepresented or exagerated to facilitate getting the warrants.

There is no proof he did anything to Hailey either. Hailey Dunn could be alive out there somewhere. If I was innocent I would state it as well, Everyone thinking I did something I didnt would concern me because where Hailey really is ,or what really happened would be being deflected by my public opinion conviction.

He is a good suspect but that doesnt mean he did do anything.

I think him making a statement was much better than him ignoring the issue and acting as if it never happened. Either way people are going to make everything he does suspect and he knows that he could have just been quiet.Instead he paid his lawyer to prepare that statement. He must have felt it important to state.

At least he said something, the other side said nothing and appeared to be mostly oblivious to what was going on the last week.

Internet all messed up for the last couple of days and of course my news is not talking much about it. I was so sure it would be Hailey. Seems like they should do a full search of the area. If one person got in to dispose a body whose to say a second person did not get in. And just to comment on one thing I read above about SA lawyered up means he has no idea where the remains are, it could be him lawyered up b/c he buried Hailey near by or maybe he is associated with this other body as well. What years were the 2 missing men happen? I know I read it somewhere but can find it now.

Getting lawyered up would be because he knows that LE have a preconcieved idea and are trying to pin it on him, irrespective of if he did it or not. They are not investigating evidence that doesn't implicate him. He would be crazy to have anything to do with them without a lawyer present because they will probably distort and misrepresent anything he says to suit their theory.

After all that has gone down, he certainly has no reason to trust them.

Have they identified the remains found?

I cant get my mind off of this poor soul?

I know he is probably a son or a brother and was loved by his family members and those that knew him.

My prayers are with the ME and I am praying he can identify this victim.

My prayers are also with LE and hope they can solve this case and bring the murderer to justice.

IMO

No word on identity, and I fear they will not be able to identify him, unless his DNA happens to be in a national data bank.

The media should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion and I don't blame Nancy Grace. She does base her show off what the media reports and had people who work for the media reporting on the case on her show that night. She also made it very clear on her show that it was not known if the remains were that of Hailey Dunn and stated that several times during the show. A lot of her show as going reflecting back on the case and yes she'd ask some media people about it the current news that was out. Again not her fault that people from the media were telling her wrong things so I don't blame her at all. I mean she had to get her info from somewhere. One media outlet in particular KCBD should really be putting an apology out because they really amped it up that it was Hailey. They actually reported that the hair color and the height of the body matched her description. Then we had reports (FROM OTHER OUTLETS) later that the arms and legs were missing and that it wasn't a full body. I don't know where they got their info from but they messed up IMO more than any other outlet. Disgusting. Here is the article:

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17205156/fbi-to-investigate-human-remains-found-near-big-spring-airport

Hailey's face & name are out there again after this gruesome discovery the past week. Personally I am not accepting the report from media that this was a "male," until DNA is run and dental records. Mistakes do happen. Just call me the optimist !

Wow. Just catching up and I have to say I'm completely surprised.
Thing is I believe Shawn knows where Hailey is, as I'm fairly certain he's the one who put her there. So he knew this wasn't her. He knew but still came and put on the act. Just like Billie. Sad........
I want justice for Hailey so bad!

:moo: MOO!

Do they know in fact that this is a child?

Or Hailey's remains are not far from the remains found.

Getting lawyered up means to me that his family has no faith in him being innocent of whatever happened to Hailey, and that he probably hasn't shared with them where she is, or he has and all thought it was Hailey because she is close. Most people who murder someone close to them usually dispose of them within a five mile radius, and after reading here for years I certainly believe that to be true.
As with everyone else, I too thought this body was Hailey as this body was well within the five mile radius of the place he spent most of his time being watched, and where his mother lives, though I don't know how long he lived there with her growing up.

He could be involved in this murder as well, so it would be wise to check out the rest of that lot with a fine tooth comb. Please!!!!

All evidence points to him being connected to Hailey being missing, and points in no other direction. It kept going back to him. That's why he is the main poi in this case.

Keep searching for her, keep praying for her to get justice. All things come to light eventually. jmo

The poster SDT stated in another thread that... the reporters that had been on the scene since 5:00AM stated that they were told these things about the body from their sources:

Body was in a trash bag
It had been buried and looked as if recent rains and wind had unearthed it
Small hands similar to a child
Partial mummification
Long hair similar to Hailey's still attached to the head
Small items that were recovered in the bag point to this being her
BD and SA were both in Colorado City as of yesterday

BBM.. Could it be something belonging to Hailey was actually buried with the remains they are now claiming to be that of a male?

At least he said something, the other side said nothing and appeared to be mostly oblivious to what was going on the last week.

Because others preferred to not be making statements or jumping before the media this past week it does NOT mean they was oblivious as to what was going on this past week.

Not just that..if family members thought it was Hailey that was found..it was NOT simply due to the media gettings things wrong.

I know what my own opinion is regarding Billie but..just supposing she really isnt involved in what happened? She has been through hell this week and I dont get how the events this week could have happened :(

Remains found in Big Spring still a mystery

"There is a large number of people waiting to find out if that is their loved one. The dental is very important. As is the x-rays as well as any kind of markings, tattoos and abnormalities the individual may have had. They'll be looking at those things to start putting together who it might be," Natarajan said.

This type of forensic science was used to solve the murder of 17-year-old Bernard Wilson back in 2009. His remains went unidentified for two years.

"Once we completed the autopsy we went ahead and worked with DPS. DPS did some illustrations based on the facial features and the bones. From that, pictures were sent out and there was actually a positive ID made," Natarajan said.

Only the first step in identification has been taken for the Big Spring case; the discovery that the remains are those of a male.
Dr. Natarajan said it will likely take a lot more time, along with very specialized expertise, to put a name to those remains.

It sounds like the remains were badly decomposed, imo. :(

I hope the family of the deceased get some answers soon. It must be excruciating having to wait. I can't imagine. :(

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/lo...ubbock-texas-body/MiTSFz-L20iB5Cx5bZvFCQ.cspx

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=481532

Searchers Relieved To Know Remains Found Are Not Hailey Dunn

Updated: March 24, 2012

I was checking for any updates on Hailey, and found the above -- it may have been posted already ...

I am glad the searches will continue for Hailey and I hope she is found soon !

JMO and MOO ... so WHAT is Billie doing to find her daughter ? :maddening:

JMO ... but I guess she and Shawn went back to wherever and doing whatever ...

Again JMO ... but Billie's actions as a "mother" of a missing child is very telling ...

MOO ...

Just dropping in to see if they had identified the remains found in Tx. Somewhere out there another parent is missing another child. I hope this case is able to be solved quickly and the remains can be returned to loved ones who have been hoping and waiting for news.

Furthermore, I hope that this entire airport/business site is completely searched with qualified searchers and investigators. I remember the comment when the remains were found that a female LE? was saying she was the one who said do not search this area and she was feeling very guilty about that decision.

Hmm..i think Billie knows what happened however..she did do the radio show with Tricia and Carrie. She does go to all the vigils. I have it on good authority she goes around putting posters up about Hailey. In addition..she has another child and has to try and be there for him too. I dont know if Billie knows what happened but she spent this week thinking her daughters body had been found. Yesterday was a important day for her son..but she was there for him. When was the last time that Clint was seen in anything in connection with his daughter? He was the one i had the most faith in to be there for Hailey but sadly..i have been left disappointed :(

The problem for me..despite what my personal opinion of Billie may be..what if im wrong? IF she is innocent..shes been through a devastating ordeal this week for no reason and I will never understand why. None of it makes sense.

My awareness of CD's character was red flagged when he didn't bother to cross the field to BD's house after it was learned Hailey was missing. He stayed in the apt watching from the window. He had a warrant out for him, IIRC, so maybe that's the reason he didn't bother to go over and ask questions about his missing daughter, but still...what's the priority..and he was bound to get caught some time anyway. JMO

ETA: I have compassion for BD for the life/childhood she had and her choices in men. I just have a hard time being sympathetic towards her after HD's missing...her many bad choices, actions, etc. IMO, Hailey was always second to SA.

I have mixed feelings about it all. I know what my feelings are regarding Billie..but i also know that my friend who i consider to be a devoted mother wont hear a word said about her. One thing i will say for Billie..she has always been the one to provide for her children and Hailey said on her facebook that Billie was her hero. I dont understand why she moved to Austin but..she couldnt get a job where she lived..she had DD to support and family where she moved to. No I cant understand why she is still with Shawn BUT after the past week i can understand why she wouldnt trust the local cops.

I think moving to Austin had more to do with the need to earn a living.

You can't pay the bills or put food on the table with no income. At some point anyone would have to move on or starve.

I think moving to Austin had more to do with the need to earn a living.

You can't pay the bills or put food on the table with no income. At some point anyone would have to move on or starve.

I agree with that but there were places closer where she could maybe of gotten a job.I do think personally that part of the reason was so that she could be on her own with Shawn without other people commenting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717