Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i am not surprised...just what I expected, but did not want...

Note to self and all: when video loads, replay the part where he does the 'penny analogy'. He starts to say one thing and quickly changes. He is trying to be VERY careful.

Regarding POI he does NOT say there isn't one but he does say "we are not talking about Persons of Interest at this interview". The language definitely implies there is one.

I am watching on local Portland news channel. LIVE.

At least we can confirm that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron.

so in OR do you have different rights if you are a POI or a suspect? or is that just a media type term there?

Gates himhawing about the fact that truck and Terri appears to be a focus.
Yeah he did an awful job selling his story. Pretty transparent press conference. Should have just released the pictures and family statement to the press.

Interesting response to lie-detector question. He seemed very uncomfortable with that question and cut off the conference very quickly.

Really nothing new, then. Everything pretty much as it was. Truck not a part of investigation, no POI, family cooperating, Terri was last person to see Kyron so it's normal that they'd put her picture out there (though why they chose those pics I have no clue...that's my comment). They are questioning again in case they missed anything, and they are still searching for the same reason.

What gets me is that the family was ok with letting the public know that Terri was the last one to see Kyron... What are they running the case?

Chance of stranger to stranger very low. Terri last known person to have seen Kyron. Very low need for public to be alarmed.

Did anyone else hear at the end after he was walking away, a female reporter said "what about the brother" ..

wowsa - well, two things that stood out to me:

the risk to the public is low (that leads my mind in one direction only)

and

I adore that sherrif! (I may have a tiny crush now) :blushing:

IMO, LE doesn't feel the actual crime took place in the truck. Or they've already been through it.

If the truck's not part of the investigation, it should be. Hello -- it's on the poster as the vehicle driven by the last known person to see Kyron. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504