Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me typing VERBATIM from local LIVE TV of the press conference.

Breaking news in the search for Kyron Horman. This is LT Jason Griggs:

1st, we want to dispel the rumour that we have found Kyron. That is not true. And the community needs to keep looking for him. Kyron, we are still looking for you. These erroneous reports come out from the social media mostly. We ask that the professional media continue to please verify any facts with our public information office LT Mary L before any releases. We don't want false rumours to harm our investigation effort and it is harmful to Kyron's family.

The search continues and the investigation is continuing on several fronts. Although I cannot comment on what all that entails, I can tell you that the detectives and searchers are continuing to follow up on many leads; are establishing and invesitgating information related to Kyron's activites prior to his disappearance - as well as at the point at which he was last seen.

As reported at the 2nd press conference on June 14th, we are continuing a 2nd canvas with all of the teachers, the staff, volunteers, students, and partents - or anybody that came to Skyline school on Friday June 4th between 8 o'clock in the morning and 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

The flyer that we have produced has already gone out to the teachers and staff.

The detective's work in this case is exhaustive. They..they, along with Kyron's family are asking the community's assistance regarding anyone who say not only Kyron but also those who may have seen Terri horman, his step-mother, and or the truck she was driving - the family truck that she was driving that morning: a white Ford F-250.

Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared. We are releasing this information at this time - in hope that it helps jogs peoples' memory of that day as we are at at two weeks from the day that Kryon disappeared.

This information is being provided after discussions with the family and all of the family members have agreed that bringing this information forward is the right thing to do for our investigators.

As far as the 2nd canvas is concerned, and what that entails all adults and children that were in the school or on the school grounds specifically between 8 o'clock in the morning and 4 o'clock in the afternoon are asked to complete the questionnaire and provide it back to our office even if you have already been interviewed.

Also anyone else - we still seek any information from that day from anybody that can remember that may be helpful to our investigation. Any tidbits.

We understand that the community has many questions - we can assure you that our primary goal is to not make any mistakes in this case. To be as perfect as we can in investigating this case.

(Last part is the family statement...I can keep transcribing if someone else hasn't already filled in this part)

Well, to me the press conference was most informative, both in what they confirmed and what they wouldn't confirm. I really didn't expect that they would come out and say that Terri was a person of interest. But they didn't say she wasn't. And now we know who LE confirms, at least at this time, who the last person to see Kyron was.

That was a big "BINGO" added to the flyer & questionnaire.

In my Human Physiology class, we were allowed to play with a polygraph machine and an EKG machine for a lab class. By the end of the lab, many could "outwit" the polygraph or "fail" simple questions on purpose.

lol Pens - I think that's why Captain Gates laughed & walked off - because
polygrapghs aren't admissible in court as evidence for a valid reason - they're not scientifically reliable.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-09-09-lie_x.htm

A 1997 survey of 421 psychologists estimated the test's average validity at about 61%, a little better than chance. And University of Utah psychologists published a 1994 report that suggested biting your tongue, pressing your toes to the floor and counting backwards by 7's during control questions would screw up the accuracy of polygraphs.

He made a point to stress "ALL" of the family at least once.

Ok. I wasn't able to watch the presser, so was just going off what I saw here that said "the family was in full support...."

I think this is a brilliant job by LE this whole time, letting out little snippets and hints to try to elicit a response or a reaction or a confession. They have been hinting this whole time that SM was the last to see Kyron, now today they acknowledge that.

BBM

With so many people at the school, it would be difficult to say that with such certainty. My initial reaction to that statement was that they must have done a whole lot of investigating and review of good evidence to reach that conclusion, especially w/o any video camera or witness evidence from outside the school grounds and w/o having found him, no crime scene, etc.

I'm not defending any party currently under suspicion, but geez it seems a broad statement to make.:waitasec:

Wow my heart is hurting for Kyron's older step brother and his little sister. That pressed makes me believe they have lost a brother and may not have a mother in the near future. Jmo

In my Human Physiology class, we were allowed to play with a polygraph machine and an EKG machine for a lab class. By the end of the lab, many could "outwit" the polygraph or "fail" simple questions on purpose.
Same here. As a psychobiology major I took a lot of physiological psych. That is where I flunked without trying. WE were being trained to use the polygraph so it was done with complete professionalism. I just failed miserably. I would not ever consider taking one in a case like this. no way.
ah me

Do you think Shawn Hornbeck's family would have made a statement like that?

No idea.

But no matter how much I pray this little boy is safe and sound and waiting to come home... in my heart I know he's gone, and I believe everyone connected to the case thinks so too.

A BIG THANKS to CaringCitizen for transcribing!!

I think he knows if he answered the question about lie detectors being taken but would not say if "passed" or "failed", then it would be assumed at once they were not passed.

People expect to hear from an attorney if a client is claiming to have passed a lie detector, you seldom hear it from LE.

I've looked at the flyer, and it's pretty clear who the POI is as far as the police are concerned......

I think they're starting to turn up the heat in hopes of the POI cracking. And it's about time.

MOO.

Yea well that too. You're right. Her behavior would be very telling. But a narcissist would want the attention and a sociopath would know that "asking for drugs" or to be sedated would be a "normal request" and also allow for LE to "keep their distance". KWIM?

We have no window into her behavior as late and that certainly is playing into LE's investigation.

I still don't understand why we have not heard about KH's "day" that June 4 - did he go to work? Did he talk to TH at anytime that day? What vehicle was he driving? Do they have that vehicle on tape at his place of work? etc. etc.
I'm wondering if LE has been able to determine that KH did drive the white truck to work. Maybe by surveillance video at Intel, although I've never heard anything about what he did that day.

I'm wondering if LE has been able to determine that KH did drive the white truck to work. Maybe by surveillance video at Intel, although I've never heard anything about what he did that day.

It appears they know she drove the white truck to school that morning - at least that is what I am getting from this part of the transcribed presser:

The detective's work in this case is exhaustive. They..they, along with Kyron's family are asking the community's assistance regarding anyone who say not only Kyron but also those who may have seen Terri horman, his step-mother, and or the truck she was driving - the family truck that she was driving that morning: a white Ford F-250.

So I've lurked here forever... and finally just got up the guts to post! (Be gentle to me please :))

One of the first questions Gates responded to after the presser, he said something to the effect of... if I throw a coin into the grass, I'm going to look in that grass as many times as necessary... regarding the search.

I found this interesting for a couple of reasons:
1 - If you throw a coin in the grass, you KNOW your coin is in that specific grass. Does this mean they do know where Kyron is?
2 - In this analogy, "grass" = Sauvie Island? Is this why they keep searching it over and over again?

Just got me thinking... Poor Kyron. I really don't want to believe his own family had anything to do with this, but seems to be pointing that way. MOO.

Note to self and all: when video loads, replay the part where he does the 'penny analogy'. He starts to say one thing and quickly changes. He is trying to be VERY careful.

Regarding POI he does NOT say there isn't one but he does say "we are not talking about Persons of Interest at this interview". The language definitely implies there is one.

I am watching on local Portland news channel. LIVE.

implies one or more? Persons?

Do you think Shawn Hornbeck's family would have made a statement like that?

For all we know LE may have evidence that Kyron was murdered/is dead and have shared that with mom and stepdad (at least). They just haven't found his body yet.

That was a big "BINGO" added to the flyer & questionnaire.
Also, he started the PC by saying that he wanted to dispel a rumor...that being that Kyrons had been found. That rumor was dispelled last night, so clearly that wasn't the purpose of the PC.

He certainly didn't address today's "rumors" about the cell phone pings and TH not being where she said she was.

I think the purpose of the PC was to announce that TH was indeed the last person to see Kyron and to put more pressure on her.

JMO

It appears they know she drove the white truck to school that morning - at least that is what I am getting from this part of the transcribed presser:

Or maybe she did drive her red mustang that morning and Kaine came in the truck a little bit later and picked up Kyron and they want to know if people actually saw Terri in the truck. Someone might say I saw a white Ford truck, but she wasn't the one driving it. Who knows. It's all confusing wondering if LE is playing games, giving us the right info, holding stuff back, etc. I don't think we will know until they tell us in the end.

I think he knows if he answered the question about lie detectors being taken but would not say if "passed" or "failed", then it would be assumed at once they were not passed.

People expect to hear from an attorney if a client is claiming to have passed a lie detector, you seldom hear it from LE.

Thanks, that certainly sounds plausible. I hadn't realized, but it usually is an attorney who discusses whether a lie detector test was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera