Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily.

This was after he opened the Q&A asking if they had any questions "NOT related to the investigation"... which the media proceeded to ignore over and over again. And then answered that he couldn't discuss suspects or POIs. They kept on askin' him though. I don't know how he restrains himself from tasing those people...

LOL - Calli - I would hope reporters wouldn't be tasered for doing their jobs - which is to investigate & report to their respective news agencies.

As far as Captain Gates asking if media if they had any questions "not related to the investigation" - IMO, that was a ridiculous statement on his part. The media were there to be informed about Kyron's disappearance & to be be informed about the investigation, since it was, after all, a presser related to the investigation.

I understand him saying he can't discuss suspects or POIs @ this point, though, and the media should respect that. When LE has a suspect or POI, they'll arrange a PC to inform the media & the public.

Thinking.... since LE is stating for fact, that Terri is the last person to see Kyron, then can we assume anyone else who claimed to see Kyron, also saw Terri?

He is very emphatic that the truck has nothing to do with the investigation.

So if has nothing to do with the investigation they may want to know if they saw Terri that morning and if anyone was close by her and Kyron when she was inside the school or saw her leaving the parking lot.

I am so confused. He seems to still reiterate that the family is fully cooperating and are in agreement that her photo and truck be shown to the public.

Well we do know now it was a lie and they haven't found Kyron so I wonder if all this internet and media buzz today means really nothing.:waitasec:

IMO

I may have misheard, but I thought he said the towing of the truck was not part of the investigation. That said, if they even remotely felt TH might be a suspect, looks like they'd have had that truck taken in for forensic testing or, at the very least, wouldn't have allowed it to be handled by a third party prior to evaluating it themselves.

Let's say they might have even already had a crew out to the house to go over the truck and they didn't find anything. Still, they surely wouldn't allow it to be towed if they suspect TH since, once the case is solved, they would have more to work with and know better what to look for in a vehicle.

That the truck is important enough to be included in the questionnaire, yet is allowed to be taken away by a third party seems to me to point away from TH being involved.

Well, to me the press conference was most informative, both in what they confirmed and what they wouldn't confirm. I really didn't expect that they would come out and say that Terri was a person of interest. But they didn't say she wasn't. And now we know who LE confirms, at least at this time, who the last person to see Kyron was.

I think what it probably has come down to is that no one saw Kyron alone, without Terri, that morning; and no one saw Kyron at all after Terri alledgedly "left".

I wasn't able to see the presser but I have been able to read the transcripts of it and look at the flyer.

I'm thinking LE is trying very hard to keep TH from lawyering up, keeping her close and friendly, by not naming her as a POI.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if TH left the school during the morning bell, there is really no way in the world that she could have gotten to her car unseen. Teachers, staff, students and other parents would all be walking in at the time that she is walking out. MANY, MANY people would have had to see her.

My guess is that no one saw her.

But why wouldn't he answer the question at least, just yes or no?
Investigators often at least reveal whether a poly was given, without stating the results. They seem to be following a different protocol here , not sure why. MOO

Because it is part of the investigation and he has told the media a gazillion times he isnt going to discuss the case itself.

IMO

LOL - Calli - I would hope reporters wouldn't be tasered for doing their jobs - which is to investigate & report to their respective news agencies.

As far as Captain Gates asking if media if they had any questions "not related to the investigation" - IMO, that was a ridiculous statement on his part. The media were there to be informed about Kyron's disappearance & to be be informed about the investigation, since it was, after all, a presser related to the investigation.

I understand him saying he can't discuss suspects or POIs @ this point, though, and the media should respect that. When LE has a suspect or POI, they'll arrange a PC to inform the media & the public.

The only reason to release info on a POI very early in a case, IMO, is if the POI is not identified and they need to release a description or sketch to get public's assistance in IDing the person. Otherwise, I don't blame LE for not muddying the water without any benefit to them or their investigation.

The white F250 Ford truck .......hhmmmmmm......a vehicle like that would certainly be able to navigate those "dirt paths/roads" over on Sauvie Island much more easily than a Mustang.......just sayin'.....and JMHO

I missed the Press Confrence . so ty for keeping me updated!!!

If he wouldn't say if she was a POI ( and didn't say everyone is a suspect) I think that speaks volums!!!!

Sometimes you can learn a lot by what is not said.

If the truck's not part of the investigation, it should be. Hello -- it's on the poster as the vehicle driven by the last known person to see Kyron. :banghead:
I think those in Law Enforcement get to tell lies. They also are allowed to walk away and laugh when they don't like a certain question. Perks of the job, I guess.

Yea well that too. You're right. Her behavior would be very telling. But a narcissist would want the attention and a sociopath would know that "asking for drugs" or to be sedated would be a "normal request" and also allow for LE to "keep their distance". KWIM?

We have no window into her behavior as late and that certainly is playing into LE's investigation.

I still don't understand why we have not heard about KH's "day" that June 4 - did he go to work? Did he talk to TH at anytime that day? What vehicle was he driving? Do they have that vehicle on tape at his place of work? etc. etc.

BBM

Based on the caption below the pic of the white Ford pick-up on the questionnaire flier, which reads:

"Similar to the one driven by Terri Horman on 6/4/2010"

I take that as verification from LE that Terri was driving the white Ford pick-up the day Kyron went missing (since LE stated so on the questionnaire they made).

Link to questionnaire (to verify caption referred to in this post):

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/i.../36184/061410.SchoolQuestionnaireadobe.hm.pdf

I may have misheard, but I thought he said the towing of the truck was not part of the investigation. That said, if they even remotely felt TH might be a suspect, looks like they'd have had that truck taken in for forensic testing or, at the very least, wouldn't have allowed it to be handled by a third party prior to evaluating it themselves.

Let's say they might have even already had a crew out to the house to go over the truck and they didn't find anything. Still, they surely wouldn't allow it to be towed if they suspect TH since, once the case is solved, they would have more to work with and know better what to look for in a vehicle.

That the truck is important enough to be included in the questionnaire, yet is allowed to be taken away by a third party seems to me to point away from TH being involved.

I don't understand it either Sherbie. It wouldn't take LE two weeks to determine if her alibi is not lining up. If they were positive that she was the last one to see Kyron they would have impounded that truck right after he went missing just because she was the last known person to see him alive and a Judge would have signed off on it too imo. The media has been roosting right there at the Horman property and believe me if LE had towed it away we would have heard about it long before now when LE said it had been towed in because of mechanical problems.

I just get the feeling they really aren't sure what happened and are still trying to find out.

Of course Gates said the community children aren't in any danger but he knows the odds of another child being stolen with all the police presence there is almost nil or none but he did say he cant be for certain it wasnt a stranger.

IMO

If LE suspects that someone is a sociopath, they may not even bother with a polygraph. To explain this at the PC would be more than difficult.

From MIT: "Sociopaths can outwit a polygraph."
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/lying.html

From Penn State: It ( a polygraph test) is useless against sociopaths."
http://live.psu.edu/story/29457

Also, medications affect a polygraph in many ways...especially medications for high blood pressure, meds affecting anxiety, sweating, pulse etc. IMO they are worthless. moo mho

A BIG THANKS to CaringCitizen for transcribing!!

Thanks, Jules! I figured others were doing it too so possibly a waste, but I guess not. I transcribed live from local TV but of course was recording it so I re-wound to go through it a second time to fill in the blanks before posting. Hence the confidence in the heading: VERBATIM.

implies one or more? Persons?

I wondered that too and was careful to type the PLURAL because he said it as plural. What I gleaned from the phrasing (without regard to the plural) was that there is a POI but that it is not for discussion "in this interview" as he put it. This was from the Q&A portion which I did NOT transcribe but I did hear it clearly when he said it.

-----------

BTW,

So far, my THEORY listed in the theory section of this board, is holding up precisely as postulated.

Originally Posted by gliving
Chance of stranger to stranger very low. Terri last known person to have seen Kyron. Very low need for public to be alarmed.

Well, that says it all for me. jmo

Same here. This case seems to be moving very fast now. I suspect a body to be found soon and an arrest soon also. At least I am not worried for the community possibly having a SO loose.

What I can't understand is why the flyer contains photos of Terri from a Press Conference--they are not even full face shots. Why didn't they ask for a recent photo? This is the age of digital afer all.

I don't understand it either Sherbie. It wouldn't take LE two weeks to determine if her alibi is not lining up. If they were positive that she was the last one to see Kyron they would have impounded that truck right after he went missing just because she was the last known person to see him alive and a Judge would have signed off on it too imo. The media has been roosting right there at the Horman property and believe me if LE had towed it away we would have heard about it long before now when LE said it had been towed in because of mechanical problems.

I just get the feeling they really aren't sure what happened and are still trying to find out.

Of course Gates said the community children aren't in any danger but he knows the odds of another child being stolen with all the police presence there is almost nil or none but he did say he cant be for certain it wasnt a stranger.

IMO
Could it or would it be possible LE went to repair shop is doing forensics there or to see if they need to impound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member