Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Val1. Actually, to my untrained eye the only oddball pic of the three is the first one. The second and third pic look like the camera is oriented right side up and is level. But if these three images were manipulated in any way using a photo editing program such as Photoshop to conform to the orientation of all the other pictures known to be taken in the usual manner, then it's impossible to know how these three accidental images actually appear on the memory card. Maybe it wouldn't matter all that much, but that's what I want to see to try and make sense of them. Otherwise it's merely an exercise in futility to guess how these pics were taken accidentally. But thanks for posting the link to the three pics. I hadn't seen the third pic before. For comparison, I'd like to see the original, unedited version of that image as it appeared on the memory card. Other than a date and timestamp that may appear on a picture image, I wonder if there is any data info embedded in the photo that can be used to determine the actual orientation of the camera when a photo is taken (to mark the true top, bottom, left and right of the camera to the picture taken)? Maybe that sort of technology, if available, only exists on high-end equipment.

I would love to have original digital copies as they exist on the memory stick but I doubt they'll ever be available to us minions. :(

Just updated the Book list:

Juan's Book Sharing List:

1. RickshawFan
2. MistyM
3. ILikeToBendPages

If anyone wants to join the list - please let me know - here on this thread! :wave:

I had earlier thought he was closer to the inside the bathroom area but with the clearer pic of his foot, the linen closet door is wide open and his foot is a bit south of it, the hallway is about 12 feet long and he's something under 6 foot (5'9" or so?), so it should put his head about the middle of the hallway, just north of the the overhead light, casting that shadow of (what I think is) her hair down onto her pant leg. Your font on the pic is too tiny to read without me saving the pic and blowing it up.

Sorry about the font(if you click on the pic again it should open up a little bigger, basically I was just pointing out where the shell casing and blood pools were in relation to the tiles).

Anyway, the tiles themselves are quite large, if you compare them to the shower cubicle(and TA in this pic) it gives a truer image than the leg pic where you can see how it skews things(ie. TA's foot).
shower2a.jpgshellcasing.jpgTAdragged2b.jpg

Thank you for the heads up, Hope4More!
I didn't realize that was how that link came to be.

I've got to admit, I'm surprised JAII is still around. I'll bet it's as captivating as ever.

Totally agree it is some sort of shoe or sneaker or sandal underneath the sock.

She continues to surprise me the level of deviousness she went through. I mean who even thinks of that sort of thing. Total proof of much planning on her part.

Hmm, I just flipped the 3rd/last pic... kinda looks like a bloody shoe and not TA at all, thoughts?

TAdraggedBa.jpg

Sorry about the font(if you click on the pic again it should open up a little bigger, basically I was just pointing out where the shell casing and blood pools were in relation to the tiles).

Anyway, the tiles themselves are quite large, if you compare them to the shower cubicle(and TA in this pic) it gives a truer image than the leg pic where you can see how it skews things(ie. TA's foot).
View attachment 89390View attachment 89391View attachment 89392

Do you think his body is more lying in front of the linen closet rather than his foot right in front of it?

Hmm, I just flipped the 3rd/last pic... kinda looks like a bloody shoe and not TA at all, thoughts?

View attachment 89394

The light area at the top are fingers:

53332day6jmfingers1.jpg

I still haven't decided what the larger, dark thing is. I think it may be her dragging his hand and hitting the camera, on the far right you can see what looks like a thumbnail that is holding on and the closest to the camera finger is limp as is the one nearer the thumbnail (and has quite a bit of blood on it).

Okay, I realize some are probably tired of seeing this pic, but it has been enlarged and lightened to better see jus how much light was shining in from "somewhere"

View attachment 89274

Does anyone have ideas how his head is raised if that's blood from his throat being slashed? According to the autopsy, once his throat was slashed, he wouldn't have been able to make any voluntary movement and would be unconscious in seconds. Maybe she had his hands and was pulling him by his arms, that would explain his raised arm. But even then, his head would be slumped back. It has always left me confused that his head was raised.

probably a typo. i don't believe they are the same.

i bet she still had pigtails when she murdered him, to keep from losing hair at the scene (derp, she left hair!).

i really would love to know where she was going with that gun & knives when they arrested her.... to mexico? to kill some people?

She's not Scott Peterson. She wasn't fleeing to Mexico to avoid prosecution, nor going on a camping trip to the gold country. Nobody rapes her, she is in charge. She was on another murder mission packed with her knives and gun. The question is who was her next target.

Do you think his body is more lying in front of the linen closet rather than his foot right in front of it?

Yes. Or maybe in front of the bathtub area. I think the focal length/perspective is thrown off by JA's foot in the foreground, In the distance, to the right (beyond TA's foot) are the drawers for the sink/vanity area. The drawers are clearly visible, and there aren't any other sets of drawers in that bathroom AFIK.

She's not Scott Peterson. She wasn't fleeing to Mexico to avoid prosecution, nor going on a camping trip to the gold country. Nobody rapes her, she is in charge. She was on another murder mission packed with her knives and gun. The question is who was her next target.

Darryl? He could (and did) testify about her pre planning a trip to AZ and wanting gas cans...

Deanna? She freakin hated Deanna...

Darryl? He could (and did) testify about her pre planning a trip to AZ and wanting gas cans...

Deanna? She freakin hated Deanna...
All good possibilities, but so are Mimi, Lisa, the new girl, the Hughes's, and Tanisha and Travis's other siblings. She hated them all.

Of course, she might have gone on a camping trip/Mexico- Cancun after the next murder. She did buy a bikini after Travis's memorial and go to the Shakespeare festival in Ashland Oregon after she murdered him.

For those who have read the book and don't mind sharing, would someone be willing to talk about what JM says about when JA went pro per? I read on the J4T page that it was especially entertaining.

TIA!

Does anyone have ideas how his head is raised if that's blood from his throat being slashed? According to the autopsy, once his throat was slashed, he wouldn't have been able to make any voluntary movement and would be unconscious in seconds. Maybe she had his hands and was pulling him by his arms, that would explain his raised arm. But even then, his head would be slumped back. It has always left me confused that his head was raised.
I have 2 theories. Either she hoisted his head to brace/lean against her leg and is trying to grab his arms...

Or

She has grabbing one of his arms, and holding his head up by the hair with her other hand. I venture it's hard to drag a body with a head in the way, so she may have been pulling him by the hair and arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If her foot is in a sock or shoe, where is her ankle/upper foot?

View attachment 89366

Up the inside of the pant leg, exactly where one would anticipate. The sneakers described upthread are high tops. These would have been perfect for that photo with a dark sock over them.

I don't think Travis would have noticed, until it was too late. Why would he pay attention to what Jodi had on her feet? How would it have helped for him to have noticed socks and shoes? He was already cornered in a shower. Maybe he did notice she had shoes with socks over and this magnified the threat and intimidation.

Look at it rotated to the left, along the top, how flat it is and squared off:

View attachment 89367

Like a towel, not a foot. ;)

To me, when rotated, it looks even more like a foot in a shoe with a sock over it! I can make out the bumps where the laces are.

The shoes are likely hightops: that's why the outline of a low-cut shoe isn't there. The size of that black object draped over by the pant leg is also about right for Jodi's foot. Since her hands are gigantic, I would bet her feet are on the large side. If those tiles are 12", we could probably get a fairly accurate measurement.

I think we need to have someone take a photo of something like this....

One other thing, look at the "heel" of the 'foot', there's a shadow (looks very similar to the hair in the ceiling pic):

View attachment 89368

They had to have been in front of the overhead light to have the shadow there, placing them about here:

View attachment 89369

I thought that was blood that has saturated the sock. Although the sock is dark, being impregnated with blood would make light absorb differently right there.

I think she finally shot him because she was pissed. Travis had the nerve to try and defend himself, tried to grab her knife, tried to run for help. He was SUPPOSED to die in the shower. A few stabs, blood flowing neatly down the shower drain. Now look what he's done. He got blood EVERYWHERE. And lots of it. The tile floor, the sink, the mirror, the walls. He even bled on the carpet. No way she can fix that. He even made her cut her own hand. Now her blood is there too. She dragged him all the way back down the hall. Not easy. He's 189#. She's mad. By the sink she shoots him in the head and gets enough adrenaline pumping again to put him back into the shower where he was SUPPOSED to die in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand