Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I'm sure she sold that to them for all she was worth, particularly in the case of Matt when she had something material to gain from his belief.

Lol
Hey, just cause a girl's incarcerated don't mean she can't manipulate. Gotta admit Jodi had skilz at manipulation

Reduced to manipulating random pen pals for a few bucks of commissary money.

Agree. When JA didn't get the death penalty, a few were lamenting that she would live to manipulate again. I remember essentially saying "So she'll be Queen of the Castle IN PRISON. Dubious honor. Big deal!"

Reading Juan's book now, and I gotta say; Juan says Jodi and Travis had sex just prior to the murder on June 4. I always thought so, too.

But I pretty much have to go with what Juan says, so even if I questioned the photo dates, (which I did not) I would not after reading Juan's book.

They totally had nasty-times sex, then Jodi killed Travis.

And the dregs of society for honor among thieves.

I don't even wanna know what she has to do to get an extra golf pencil or pack of instant Starbucks from Large Marge
:gaah:

In the spreecast with Jen, JM says he doesn't own a computer

My comments in red, but yes, I think most of us agree with you. Tunnel vision personified.

10. Slashes tires repeatedly, and everyone knows it's her.
JA: I've never been violent, except for that time when my mom's attorney had to help out with that motel room problem, or had to move out of that holey wall apt, or hit my lil bro in the head with a bat...

*Snipped by me*

Can you elaborate on the motel room? I have never heard about this.
TIA!

*Snipped by me*

Can you elaborate on the motel room? I have never heard about this.
TIA!

According to notes I took from her journal, Vol.1 dated 8/23/07(thanks to BK's site), sorry I didn't write the page number, she had had a problem with a Travelocity in July/97 that her mom's lawyer friend took care of.

When taken in context with the excerpt below taken from her written admission to anger issues in the letter she sent to TA back in '07(Exhibit #623)... I'm guessing she either busted up a room or left without paying her bill.

"I found out, much to my regret, that my anger is very destructive. I've never beaten up anybody over it, but I've kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows, broken things. It hurts people and it hurts me."

Wanted share this with you all...

from Chapter 11, page 162: This is where :jail: was being her own attorney (pro-per)
{...} The seating arrangements in the courtroom also changed, with Arias now sitting in the lead counsel's chair, jut two feet away from me. This shift in roles moved Arias from quiet spectator to active participant, meaning that she could now make objections, question witnesses, and introduce or object to any evidence.
Even though she had taken over the first counsel's chair, both figuratively and literally, she was still in her jail garb, a two-piece pantsuit of black and white stripes from top to bottom. And instead of the ballpoint pen commonly used by lawyers to take notes, she was allowed only a three-inch yellow golf pencil, which required her to continuously sharpen its point throughtout the proceedings.

:laughing:

Only 75 pages left to read... :book:

This isn't about the book, but the more 'general' thread isn't seeing much action since this one began. (If this needs to be moved, I'll be happy to put it there)

I wrote to AZ DOC awhile ago asking for clarification of what penalties JA received from her infraction, specifically if it was only the contact visits or if she had been moved back a step. I rec'd an answer yesterday:

The only discipline Inmate Arias received was loss of contact visits.

I picked up my copy of the book last night from my library. There are at least 20 people on the waiting list after me. Such a breath of fresh air after that nonsense Nurmi called a book.

"The only discipline Inmate Arias received was loss of contact visits."

So what SF has written about how JA is being harassed now by prison staff continually tossing her cell without warning and upsetting the routine of other inmates in the process is not true?

OK, after considering the source...uh...nevermind.

"The only discipline Inmate Arias received was loss of contact visits."

So what SF has written about how JA is being harassed now by prison staff continually tossing her cell without warning and upsetting the routine of other inmates in the process is not true?

OK, after considering the source...uh...nevermind.

I think having your cell searched without warning is not considered a punishment. It's the prisons right to do so at anytime. So a cell search is an occupational hazard when Jodi became a professional inmate for life

The audio is hard to hear. I should have looked it up but our memories aren't too far out. Not bad considering it was quite long ago.

"Haha. Still beat you... brat"

[video=youtu;u5lGJ72SQBM]http://youtu.be/u5lGJ72SQBM[/video]

Around 32 minutes in.

Your assessment is shown in her almost triumphant posturing. She seems happy with her sick 'victory'. Same with the creep singing of stalker song. Chilling.
She said 'Still beat you, brat'. Not 'Beat you, brat'
She was playing some kind of sick game with Travis. In her sick mind, she was losing at some point, therefore the word 'still'. This is really sick.

On May 8, 2008, Travis texted JA 'You're dead to me'.

He texted this phrase while he was texting with Chaitanya talking about why she wasn't responding to his texts. It was important to him that he heard from Chaitanya because they had spent an intimate night together on May 1. Between May 2 - 8th, no texts from Travis to Chaitanya reached her. On May 8, Chaitanya texted she felt like 'a piece of meat' since no communication from Travis. Right then Travis realized what JA had done. And texted 'You are dead to me'.
(I gathered this text information from Beth Kara's subscription website, Karasoncrime.. com)

I think JA started playing her sick game - Let's see who will be dead - on May 8. Sex tape, Steve cover-up text accusing him of reading her email, her posing as Maria M, etc. followed.

For those who might have missed Jen's spreecast, here ya' go.

http://www.spreecast.com/events/live-with-juan-martinez

I found the spreecast very interesting. My biggest take-away was how cerebral JM is. I mean, NO NOTES whatsoever??!! And no computer? Yet, to this day, he has almost perfect recall of things that happened several years ago!!

That just blows my mind. Even with the help of notes and a computer, my memory is less than reliable. :/

I also found it charming how quiet and humble he is. Getting a taste of his gentle sense of humor was also quite refreshing...

I found the spreecast very interesting. My biggest take-away was how cerebral JM is. I mean, NO NOTES whatsoever??!! And no computer? Yet, to this day, he has almost perfect recall of things that happened several years ago!!

That just blows my mind. Even with the help of notes and a computer, my memory is less than reliable. :/

I also found it charming how quiet and humble he is. Getting a taste of his gentle sense of humor was also quite refreshing...

I love how he turned out to be such a principled, humble, calm, brilliant, and classy guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back