Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the only reason why those tapes were release was due to the fact that the interviews took place in Seminole County and a SC officer helped with the interview which would fall under the Sunshine Law.

If I were to guess if LA was interviewed I would say no. Remember GA & CA still haven't gone back for their follow up interview.

hmmmm, now if they weren't guilty of something then they would have gone.

MOO

Thanks, Coley.

I agree with your last sentence! And thanks for clearing up the fact that the interviews fell under the Sunshine Law!

By the way, I would love to sit on a Jury with you..I need a nice long vacation!

*snipped*

I was thinking the same thing....but then again I dont think I could take all the legal jargin, I'm just a simple lay person.

Oh ya I forgot **dripping with sarcasm**

I just want to state that I also think that it was smart of the Prosecutors to drop the DP. I will bet my money on an LWOP conviction.

SNIP

They were smart in not going the DP route.

SNIP

Given the prosecutors do not have clear and unyielding proof of: intent, planning, deliberation and malice aforethought, there is darn little doubt about that.

:shakehead:
Don't waste (!) your time worrying about this MistyGirl. At first I too wanted the SAO to seek the DP, but as time has passed I've found that it's actually (!) much more satisfying this way. To be totally honest. (!) Absolutely. (!)
:shakehead:

Now there will be no death row segregation; actually (!) now she could go into general population. I hope.

I say that because it will be much better for her you understand; she's gained so much inner strength from this you know. This way, with no DP, she can run and play with all the other children.

To be totally honest (!) she wants to work with missing kids; she's actually (!) been thinking about going to work and her schedule and such you understand. Absolutely (!)

O/T - OJ Simpson on the other hand, will not be playing any reindeer games.

So, I've pondered on it for a few weeks now, and I have definitely decided I want it to be this way. And for her to live a long, long life - my friend says 93 - and have no cell phone, no computer, no Internet! :eek:

Absolutely. Oh I know it, me too! Honestly.

::: let out evil chuckle :::

I like the no DP.

Sundance

You forgot how she'll probably reach out to all those child-finder orgs that want the whole darn Anthony family to work for them!

I feel like I'm in a washing machine: round and round and round and round.

Cite any case in Florida where any trial Judge has interpreted this to mean that LE and/or prosecutors are therefore required to give any evidence whatsoever to the media prior to trial?

(does due process ring a bell?)

Defendant: CASEY MARIE ANTHONY Count #: 001
Offense Date: 6/15/2008 Citation #:
Complaint Date: Information Date: 10/14/2008
Statute: 782.04(1)(A)(1) - FIRST DEGREE MURDER
General Offense Category:
Charge Level: FELONY Charge Degree: CAPITAL
http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk

(does legal precedence ring a bell?)

The issue of insufficient evidence is not whether any alleged inculpatory evidence is circumstantial or direct. The issue is whether the alleged inculaptory evidence is sufficient to prove: planning, deliberation, intent and malice aforethought.

Dropping the death penalty attachment clearly supports that prosecutors do not have that level of evidence in hand.

I disrespectfully disagree.

Prosecutors do not like to lose. I do not believe the charges would have been filed without evidence to support them.

I don't consider prosecutors a reckless bunch. IMO, most of the time they err on the side of being too wussy.

MOO

I just want to state that I also think that it was smart of the Prosecutors to drop the DP. I will bet my money on an LWOP conviction.

Okay stupid question but couldn't they have went for the death penalty then if the jury couldn't convict went with a lesser charge like LWOP? OR is that not the way it works?

I'm totally disappointed I wanted nothing more than to see KC on death row. LWOP is too good for her IMO.
I disagree. Now there's a chance she'll get LWOP in general population. And I really believe for her that might be worse than sitting in her little cell on death row. Besides, I don't think a jury would've sentenced her to the DP anyway without a body or knowing how Caylee died. :behindbar MOO

Cite any case in Florida where any trial Judge has interpreted this to mean that LE and/or prosecutors are therefore required to give any evidence whatsoever to the media prior to trial?

(does due process ring a bell?)

Since you are so dead set against the Sunshine Law and don't understand the public record release - why don't YOU cite the statute where LE or the prosecutor are NOT required to release records - OR cite the statute regarding public records in cases such as these

We have stated the LAW - that is to be abided by EVERYONE from the Govenor on down in Florida

If you know different statute it - bring it to the table - if you can't than just deal with the LAW in Florida - thats just how it is

Given the prosecutors do not have clear and unyielding proof of: intent, planning, deliberation and malice aforethought, there is darn little doubt about that.

Wudge, what exactly are your feelings of what is happening?
Are you thinking this child is alive, or are you strictly discussing this from the legal standpoint of things?

I'm totally disappointed I wanted nothing more than to see KC on death row. LWOP is too good for her IMO.

I would have liked to see Casey on death row as well, MD MOMMY, but at least there is LWOP. She is going to hate that, tho. Her partying days and her sleepovers with boyfriends will become a vague memory, LOL, as well as the days she wore pretty underwear. She will hate not having her cell phone to robo text and NO internet!

Then some big Mama with 7 kids will ask her what she is in prison for, and it won't be pretty, IMO. Casey will suffer in prison, IMO.

Since you are so dead set against the Sunshine Law and don't understand the public record release - why don't YOU cite the statute where LE or the prosecutor are NOT required to release records - OR cite the statute regarding public records in cases such as these

We have stated the LAW - that is to be abided by EVERYONE from the Govenor on down in Florida

If you know different statute it - bring it to the table - if you can't than just deal with the LAW in Florida - thats just how it is

I believe I asked what "evidence" was leaked but was not answered....alas I bowed out :bang:

I disagree. Now there's a chance she'll get LWOP in general population. And I really believe for her that might be worse than sitting in her little cell on death row. Besides, I don't think a jury would've sentenced her to the DP anyway without a body or knowing how Caylee died. :behindbar MOO

I agree with your assessment, panthera.

I agree that LWOP is far better justice. She gets to sit in prison for the rest of her life and remember why she is there.

IF she even will remember why she is there :( That is certainly a debateable topic.

But whatever. For me, it just gives me more peace of mind to know she is sitting there for the rest of her miserable life.

Any mother who kills her child should have to spend the rest of their lives in a cell thinking about it, IMO.

I would have liked to see Casey on death row as well, MD MOMMY, but at least there is LWOP. She is going to hate that, tho. Her partying days and her sleepovers with boyfriends will become a vague memory, LOL, as well as the days she wore pretty underwear. She will hate not having her cell phone to robo text and NO internet!

Then some big Mama with 7 kids will ask her what she is in prison for, and it won't be pretty, IMO. Casey will suffer in prison, IMO.

I know, I guess I just flinch at thinking of her taking breaths and living at this point. I'm totally an eye for an eye kind of gal. My husband and I have varying opinions on this topic and go round and round. I don't see KC every going into general population at this point but I must say that would make me happy and more accepting of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67