Psych Profile- Elizabeth Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've often wondered, and surely it has been done, that LE has contacted her OB/GYN, or Psychologist.or some physician that may have prescribed medications. Did GF and LM know for a fact she was on medication for any type of disorder, or is this something maybe EJ just told them or maybe they assumed. The doctor would be able to give so much information about her personality with herself, and with that of her w/ GB. But now, having just said what I said, even if LE did contact any DR's., they probably couldn't give any information because of all the privacy laws....I don't think she had BP,PPD,ADD or anything....I think she is just a very angry girl...for whatever reasons....she felt life had not been good to her and she's just plain angry. But I don't think she was angry enough to hurt GB.

The grandfather is the one who stated she was on meds for PPD.

"She should have sought professional help. She did seek help for post partum depression and she was on medication and during that time she seemed a lot more mellow and everything was better," Bob Johnson said.

Troubled pasts of women in 'Baby Gabriel’ case
March 5, 2010 - 8:36PM

Here's <some> Elizabeth psych related from the article:

Johnson, meanwhile, grew up with her twin brother in five different foster homes before the age of 10 due to her drug-addicted mother drowning when Elizabeth was about 12 and her father dying of liver cancer in 2007, according to Johnson&#8217;s grandfather, Robert Johnson of Scottsdale.

Elizabeth Johnson graduated from a college preparatory high school in Boston with a 4.0 grade-point average and earned a full-ride scholarship to Southeastern University in New Hampshire &#8212; a $160,000 value &#8212; but walked away from it after two weeks because she didn&#8217;t like her roommate, her grandfather said.

Robert Johnson said his granddaughter has always been &#8220;secretive,&#8221; and when she was a teenager, she flew from Boston &#8212; where she was living with her grandmother &#8212; to California to sell her reproductive eggs for cash to someone she contacted on the Internet.

<snip>

much more at link

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/151556

During another incident, police had to restrain Johnson in the back of the cruiser as she was slamming her head into windows of the vehicle, according to the police report. Authorities believed Elizabeth had a mental disorder, according to reports. But she was never diagnosed with anything and never received professional care, according to her grandfather.

I wonder if this was right after she was arrested. Scary.. Psychosis or was this just another example of her rage?

Does anyone believe it is possible that if EJ found someone to adopt Gabriel that in her mind she truly believes he is better off or will have a better chance at a "normal" life than hers was, based on her background? If she suffers from some kind of mental or emotional illness/instability, couldn't she really believe this? Or is everything she has done driven by her own selfish needs?

Johnson, meanwhile, grew up with her twin brother in five different foster homes before the age of 10 due to her drug-addicted mother drowning when Elizabeth was about 12 and her father dying of liver cancer in 2007, according to Johnson&#8217;s grandfather, Robert Johnson of Scottsdale.

Well, thankfully that's cleared up.

Does anyone believe it is possible that if EJ found someone to adopt Gabriel that in her mind she truly believes he is better off or will have a better chance at a "normal" life than hers was, based on her background? If she suffers from some kind of mental or emotional illness/instability, couldn't she really believe this? Or is everything she has done driven by her own selfish needs?

Sadly, I think her lack of nurturing and security as a child just left her without the inner resources to be able to love and nurture her own child.

I don't think it had much at all to do with Gabriel's best interests. I think it had to do with her need for more nurturing and attention for HERSELF in her life without Gabriel.

But your view is certainly a more pleasant one and I would LIKE it to be true! :)

Johnson, meanwhile, grew up with her twin brother in five different foster homes before the age of 10 due to her drug-addicted mother drowning when Elizabeth was about 12 and her father dying of liver cancer in 2007, according to Johnson’s grandfather, Robert Johnson of Scottsdale.

Well, thankfully that's cleared up.

Did you mean to insert sarcasm?
Cause I'm actually confused about this statement.
It makes no sense that EJ and RJ were in 5 different foster homes before the age of 10 because of their mother drowning when they were 12 and their father dying in 2007. The deaths of their parents came well after the foster care, so how were those deaths the reason for the foster placements?

It makes no sense that EJ and RJ were in 5 different foster homes before the age of 10 because of their mother drowning when they were 12 and their father dying in 2007. The deaths of their parents came well after the foster care, so how were those deaths the reason for the foster placements?

Good call! I wonder if that is the way the 'journalist' wrote it? I would guess that, truthfully, it was more that the mother's drug addiction rendered her unfit to parent, and liver cancer of the father may have been an end result of years of alcoholism that rendered him unfit to parent. Sad childhood for them both. Wonder why none of the grandparents took them in?

The grandfather is the one who stated she was on meds for PPD.

"She should have sought professional help. She did seek help for post partum depression and she was on medication and during that time she seemed a lot more mellow and everything was better," Bob Johnson said.

Wouldn't you just love to know if TS told EJ after they met that she had quit taking her own meds and fixed herself with colonics, and so EJ quit taking HER meds, too? Does Logan or the grandfather know when EJ quit taking her meds?

Trying to see things from Elizabeth's perspective:

I think she had major abandonment issues and lasting mental issues due to the way she grew up. I think that when Logan talked her into having a baby together, perhaps he promised her that they would be this wonderful family, and she thought that she would be able to be happy and move on from a hurtful past where she wasn't loved or wanted. But she wasn't prepared for what motherhood would bring. Not only was she not capable of putting Gabriel's needs first, but she didn't feel much attachment to Gabe, didn't know how to meet his needs and be a good mother. I think this also upset her as it made her feel abnormal and inadequate. I think she also had some hard feelings because Logan DID bond with Gabe and was able to meet his needs and Gabe responded well to Logan where he didn't with her. I think her relationship with Logan suffered because she was no longer Logan's main focus and I think she felt resentful of both Logan and Gabriel because of that. I think she felt that this was supposed to be a fairy tale, and instead, she felt like the odd man out. I think that is the reason for her rages, cutting up Gabe's things etc. She was angry that she was no longer the most important person in Logan's life, and that even as Gabriel's mother, she was not the most important person in HIS life. I think she felt used, like she was nothing more than the means for Logan to get the baby he wanted. I think she was resentful that she didn't get much time with Logan, and when she did, Gabriel was the focus, not her. I think that her rages were only in part due to mental issues, but I also think they were voluntary to a degree. I think she felt that is the only way she was getting Logan's attention and able to show him how unhappy she was. When Logan finally told her he couldn't do this anymore, she lost it. No way could he talk her into having a baby she didn't want, then make the baby more important than her, and finally leave her, and now she has a baby she needs to take care of that she never wanted. I also would wager a guess that she was worried that previous police involvement would eventually lead to Logan having full custody and she would end up paying child support and be tied to Logan for life. I think she felt so desperate at this point that she would do ANYTHING to hurt Logan, to make him pay for ABANDONING her, and to sidetrack his plans of continuing their family without her. The question is: Is ANYTHING killing Gabriel or selling/giving him to strangers?

This is all JMO.

ETA: My support is 100% for Logan, I'm simply trying to see things from what might be EJ's perspective.

The statement about the drowning was what I was referring to, and that's only because that makes more sense than a mother dying on front her children after a violent crime and no one making so much as a media blip about it.

The rest of it is confusing as heck, but I would believe that over EJ's story that she told Logan about her mother being killed in front of her.

There is nothing in me that believes Elizabeth had an ounce of caring about Gabe. I wish with all my heart that I was able to find something, anything, that would tell me she had some feeling for him.

I think she had major abandonment issues and lasting mental issues due to the way she grew up. I think that when Logan talked her into having a baby together, perhaps he promised her that they would be this wonderful family, and she thought that she would be able to be happy and move on from a hurtful past where she wasn't loved or wanted. But she wasn't prepared for what motherhood would bring. Not only was she not capable of putting Gabriel's needs first, but she didn't feel much attachment to Gabe, didn't know how to meet his needs and be a good mother. I think this also upset her as it made her feel abnormal and inadequate. I think she also had some hard feelings because Logan DID bond with Gabe and was able to meet his needs and Gabe responded well to Logan where he didn't with her. I think her relationship with Logan suffered because she was no longer Logan's main focus and I think she felt resentful of both Logan and Gabriel because of that. I think she felt that this was supposed to be a fairy tale, and instead, she felt like the odd man out. I think that is the reason for her rages, cutting up Gabe's things etc. She was angry that she was no longer the most important person in Logan's life, and that even as Gabriel's mother, she was not the most important person in HIS life. I think she felt used, like she was nothing more than the means for Logan to get the baby he wanted. I think she was resentful that she didn't get much time with Logan, and when she did, Gabriel was the focus, not her. I think that her rages were only in part due to mental issues, but I also think they were voluntary to a degree. I think she felt that is the only way she was getting Logan's attention and able to show him how unhappy she was. When Logan finally told her he couldn't do this anymore, she lost it. No way could he talk her into having a baby she didn't want, then make the baby more important than her, and finally leave her, and now she has a baby she needs to take care of that she never wanted. I also would wager a guess that she was worried that previous police involvement would eventually lead to Logan having full custody and she would end up paying child support and be tied to Logan for life. I think she felt so desperate at this point that she would do ANYTHING to hurt Logan, to make him pay for ABANDONING her, and to sidetrack his plans of continuing their family without her. The question is: Is ANYTHING killing Gabriel or selling/giving him to strangers?

This is all JMO.

ETA: My support is 100% for Logan, I'm simply trying to see things from what might be EJ's perspective.

I think you're very much on the money with your assessment. It makes sense. Thanks for posting this, NM.

ITA BeanE NewMommy09 is spot on I think. And whoever suggested that LM may be the only person to get EJ to talk is right. HE would have to feign a desire to reconcile...

Sorry I have been MIA, but I am dealing with health issues and chronic pain that makes it difficult to sit at the comp for extended periods. Can't afford a laptop.

This is all JMO.

I really like this NewMommy09 - You bring out Eliz vulnerabilities and show the reasons she responds the way she does - you do this with respect. You omit the blame, hate, sarcasm, and attacks - and stay away from demeaning her as a person. Not an easy thing to do! MOO

ITA BeanE NewMommy09 is spot on I think. And whoever suggested that LM may be the only person to get EJ to talk is right. HE would have to feign a desire to reconcile...

Sorry I have been MIA, but I am dealing with health issues and chronic pain that makes it difficult to sit at the comp for extended periods. Can't afford a laptop.

I do believe EJ wants Logan's attention, but she sure is a toxic relationship for him. I admire that he 'worked' with her mental health difficulties as long as he did, wanting a whole family for his son, but she crossed the line when she abused/neglected Gabriel and used him as leverage. As much as I admire that he stuck with her as long as he did, I admire even more that he LEFT when he did and is resolute in staying well away from her.

That said, I do believe you are right about this being a possible way to get Gabriel found. If she thought she would be getting out of jail and they together would simply take up where they left off, maybe she would tell everything she knows. But it would be pretty darn fraudulent (I wouldn't care personally, she deserves it) and there's that chance she would just use the opportunity to sneer at him and torture him with more lies about having killed him. Poor Logan.

Sorry to hear about your health situation; take good care of yourself. I miss your posts; you give such good insights on the mind, emotions, and behavioral aspects of people and situations. :blowkiss:

The only confirmed sightings that I am aware of is with the babysitter....As far as the 26th..to my knowledge..these were just pictures...But I am so with you..on when and who was the last person to actually see Gabriel..

Yes, this brings to mind the Borderline Personality Disorder conundrum that too many parents have at the prospect of losing custody of a child. They too often decide better the child dead than for them to 'be abandoned' by the child. It's messed up thinking, but happens way too much.

I think the odds are that this didn't happen in EJ's case, as she seems to have had all her ducks lined up for an adoption. I just hope that at the last minute or on the last night, she didn't change her mind and decide she didn't want to live her life wondering where and how her child was. I don't think she did. But I can't imagine that she's willing to spend 20 years or more in prison needlessly.

Yep, off topic; I post much less often now because its hard to not follow the flow of the conversation. If I had better skills, I'd move this to the psych thread. Please feel free to do it or to delete

I agree that It was wise for him to leave an explosive situation but leaving G in it and not going back to check for several weeks has bothered me alot.

I am not thinking about LM's rights or even EJ's rights--for or against anybody but I do want to know why G's rights, especially to safety wasn't protected. I think anything that might help should be tried.

I agree that It was wise for him to leave an explosive situation but leaving G in it and not going back to check for several weeks has bothered me alot.

I am not thinking about LM's rights or even EJ's rights--for or against anybody but I do want to know why G's rights, especially to safety wasn't protected. I think anything that might help should be tried.

Logan took Gabe from the bad situation with Elizabeth on December 8. LE forced Logan to bring Gabe back. It was the last time Logan saw Gabe.

The next day, December 9, Elizabeth gave Gabe to the Smiths. Nobody would tell Logan where Gabe was. He drove the streets day and night looking for him. He told LE Gabe was in danger. He filed for custody and told the courts Gabe was in danger.

You are right to question why Gabe wasn't protected, and it is the system that needs to be questioned - Tempe LE, the courts, and CPS. CPS also knew Gabe was with strangers, that Elizabeth had access to him, and that she was a bad parent because she had an open case of child neglect against her.

Where in the world did you get the idea that Logan didn't go back to check for several weeks? No such thing has ever come up in this case.

If you've come across something from a credible source that refutes the Tempe PD, court, and CPS records, please do link it in. That would certainly be interesting.

LM did everything legally. If he had just taken the baby EJ would have had the police on him in a heartbeat. As it was she accused him of kidnapping Gabriel when in reality she had given him away to the Smiths. I can't think of a thing LM did wrong. He had no way of predicting that EJ would take off like she did and he had done all he could legally to protect the baby. Hindsight is 20/20 but if LE had put out an Amber Alert as soon as he had custody and they knew the baby was in San Antonio things might have been different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back