**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post to WS, and I wanted to say hello. As a total newbie where is the appropriate place to introduce yourself? Do I need to post a few replies before I start a new post?

Hello oi vey!!! :hug: I'm so glad you've joined us! :blowkiss:

:wagon:

Ok, so I looked on my user cp for subscribed threads, but when I try to access one "GA Bill an assault on reproductive rights for men?" Link -> Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I get this message :

AnaTeresa, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did the thread go away, or am I locked out? I haven't received any warnings lately, but I thought threads just disappeared when they were banished by the mod squad, rather than still sitting in my subscribed threads list. If I was locked out, what do I need to do to get access? TIA!

Huh. It's dropped off my subscribed threads list now, so perhaps there was just a hiccup when it was being banished by the mods?

Yep, probably just a hiccup. It happens sometimes. :)

Hey gang! New member here and glad to be here. Sorry to ask such a silly question, but here goes...

I have been trying to use the "Quick Links - New Posts" link, but when I click on it, I get a message that I do not have permission to perform this function...is this because I have, up until now, not posted anything? If not, is there a setting I need to change? Thanks for all your help! :)

Hey gang! New member here and glad to be here. Sorry to ask such a silly question, but here goes...

I have been trying to use the "Quick Links - New Posts" link, but when I click on it, I get a message that I do not have permission to perform this function...is this because I have, up until now, not posted anything? If not, is there a setting I need to change? Thanks for all your help! :)

See if it works for you now. :)

This is regarding Edit Options/Miscellaneous Options/Forums to Exclude from View: very happy the option exists, but, as new forums and sub-forums proliferate, they haven't been added to the "exclude from view" selections; say, for example, that one is a bit tired of the Lisa Erwin is Missing! threads which pop up on the New Posts timeline, and wishes to exclude them. As it hasn't been added to the options, it can't be done. Any way this excellent feature might be updated?
Any word on this? I also notice the newer forums/sub-forums don't show up on the Forum Jump either.

Thanks!

Any word on this? I also notice the newer forums/sub-forums don't show up on the Forum Jump either.

Thanks!
let me know what forums and/or subs are missing from forum jump and I will add them.

let me know what forums and/or subs are missing from forum jump and I will add them.
Thanks! Two that spring to mind immediately are Lisa Irwin Missing! and Long Island Serial Killer.

hmm. I don't know why you can't see those on the jump menu. They are there. I will have to investigate.

This is regarding Edit Options/Miscellaneous Options/Forums to Exclude from View: very happy the option exists, but, as new forums and sub-forums proliferate, they haven't been added to the "exclude from view" selections; say, for example, that one is a bit tired of the Lisa Erwin is Missing! threads which pop up on the New Posts timeline, and wishes to exclude them. As it hasn't been added to the options, it can't be done. Any way this excellent feature might be updated?
I have been going forum by forum fixing this issue. but there are so many I haven't gotten them all and I have to check each one. if there are specific forums you want me to check the exclude feature- please let me know.

I have a question I cannot seem to find the answer to. Are we not allowed to discuss the Maddie McCann disappearance? Thanks.

I have been going forum by forum fixing this issue. but there are so many I haven't gotten them all and I have to check each one. if there are specific forums you want me to check the exclude feature- please let me know.
Got em now! (On both the Jump and the "exclude.") Thank you very much!

I have a question I cannot seem to find the answer to. Are we not allowed to discuss the Maddie McCann disappearance? Thanks.
Not at this time-but perhaps in the near future.

As far as I know I am not having any problems posting to the forums, or with access. But just an hour or so ago I just started seeing a forum I had never seen listed before "why can't I post and why is this forum here?". Is it just a site snafu, or is something wrong with my email? Is there a way for me to check? Thx!!

As far as I know I am not having any problems posting to the forums, or with access. But just an hour or so ago I just started seeing a forum I had never seen listed before "why can't I post and why is this forum here?". Is it just a site snafu, or is something wrong with my email? Is there a way for me to check? Thx!!

Go into your User Profile and make sure the email address in there is correct. If not, please change it to your current address because if notices are bounced back, your account could be suspended.

Contact me privately if you are still having any problems.

I know they're here someplace, but for some reason I can not find instructions for ignoring a user. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

I know they're here someplace, but for some reason I can not find instructions for ignoring a user. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

<Click on User CP>
Scroll down and on the left
<Click on Edit Ignore List>
In add a Member to your list
<start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
<Click on OKay>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online