**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm glad I finally found this thread because I have a great idea for the site that would be an awesome addition and (Get this!) it's FREE!

Google Maps has a FREE app that can be added to any website.
It can be managed by the Site Owner in such a way that allows only certain members to add to or to edit the map. The Map can multiple have layers. Let's say, one layer for missing persons, one layer for UID's even layers for Registered sexual offenders.

Could you imagine a Map of the U.S. that lets you see all at one time, all of the locations of Missing Persons (one symbol) UID's another symbol and Registered Sex Offenders with another?

I've started trying to build a Google map of my own. It's free to anyone. But I can't do it all on my own. If I could, I would just build it and share it with the Site.

Please give it some thought.

~ Chuz

It's weird, responding to my own post but I wanted to add this link to Google's Forums that sheds some light on how this idea is possible to implement.

LINK: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!newtopic/maps/maps/jl2-VKIkXHg

Can I get some feedback on my idea please? :please:

Every time I come to the site - I think of how useful it would be to have a map like this.
I think this is an excellent idea, Chuz. I'm wondering if you could just start a Thread with the map and have people add to it. Sometimes it just takes one person to get the ball rolling. :D

I think this is an excellent idea, Chuz. I'm wondering if you could just start a Thread with the map and have people add to it. Sometimes it just takes one person to get the ball rolling. :D

Now there's an idea.

But that wouldn't put into the header of the front page -like I saw once on another unrelated page. Though I suppose it could me moved to that spot if the Admins like it.

I'd still like some input from the mods on it.

Hi Chuz! :hug:

It sounds like a great idea to me! We're in the "will it interface with our old software version" stage. We'll get back to you when we find out!

Hi Chuz! :hug:

It sounds like a great idea to me! We're in the "will it interface with our old software version" stage. We'll get back to you when we find out!

I visited google map's forums (quoted earlier) and it looks like it mostly funcktions like a hyperlinked image or gif file. Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help make it happen.

~ Chuz

I was wondering if I could get the greenlight to post a thread on my Sister Cassie Rocks and I was curious about where in the forum exactly to do it. I posted the case number above. This site seems pretty strict so I don't want to step on any toes or break any rules. This is a copy of an email I sent to a handwriting analyst with the outline of the situation:

Hello, my name is Steven Campbell and I was wondering if you could help me verify a suicide note that was found with my 24 year old little sister's body on September 12th. My sister was picked up from my house by her boyfriend on the 11th, and was found dead the next morning with a gunshot wound to the head. The boy's mother notified authorities. The boy fled the scene and did not talk to authorities until later in the day. I did research on the boy and found out through an ex girlfriend(of 4 years) and her mother that the boy gets screwed up on drugs and holds his girlfriends hostage at his home with a gun. He's done it before.

My problem is that the entire investigation was haphazard and treated as a suicide from the minute the 911 call was made. The boy's family is juiced into the community for generations, with strong connections in every facet of the community from the school system, the main church in town, and the county officials(the boy's primary caretaker is the former county commissioner). This is a very small town and I really feel like the investigation of this case was absolutely terrible.

My other problem is that my little sister's best friend was this boy's little sister. She regularly sent handwritten letters to the boy, his sister, and his mother. The boy notified his sister and his mother before he notified authorities, which leads me to believe that this note could possibly be forged.

I was born and raised in the Houston area and I was hoping to get your professional opinion on this suicide note. I have a copy of the note, as well as other handwritten notes from both my sister and the boy. I'm fully aware that it is possible that my sister did in fact take her own life, and I'm fully prepared to find out that she did in fact write this note, but everything about the note screams suspicious to me. We were really close and she would have said goodbye to me. The note is only 60 words long(roughly) and does not mention me or her family at all(only the boy & his sister).

Whether she wrote this note or not, I need your help in finding the answer. If she did write this note I can move on with my life. If you find that it's possible she didn't write it, I need to begin work on exposing this case and getting justice. Either way I really need your help. Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you very much,
Steve.

Was just wondering if I could post a thread to get some opinions on the way this case has been investigated so far. I want to make the best first impression here that I can possibly make, so any tips or suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. You guys have a very classy, resourceful, honorable community here that I'm looking forward to being a part of for the long term, but I'm curious what some of you would think about this particular case.

I visited google map's forums (quoted earlier) and it looks like it mostly funcktions like a hyperlinked image or gif file. Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help make it happen.

~ Chuz

I haven't forgotten you, Chuz! and I are going to put our heads together about a few techy things soon and this is on the agenda.

I haven't forgotten you, Chuz! and I are going to put our heads together about a few techy things soon and this is on the agenda.

Having an interactive map feature here would be a great help in cases like the Lauren Spierer's case.

I'm still hoping we (you) can make it work.

AKAIK, we have never been able to paraphrase comments from FB or MSM, just what the official page states

Please clarify the FB and MSM comments rules please

AKAIK, we have never been able to paraphrase comments from FB or MSM, just what the official page states

Hi momrids6,

Disregard, wrong info :)

Hi again momrids6 :)

I'm completely wrong on what I told you about comments from social networking pages or from news stations. :blushing:

Generally you can link to the social networking page but posting are not considered fact; they are rumor. You can't copy and paste but paraphrasing is ok. The pages can only be linked as long as they are related to the case.

Ima

Why do some threads get locked and have a sequel? I've noticed that it's usually after 1000 posts, but it's never an exact 1000, sometimes a 1200 or a 1040 or whatever.
Is there a reason for why these threads get cut off? When do you determine that it should be continued in another thread?

Could I please have a list of who the Admins are for this forum?

Could i also have a link to any information with regards to Privacy, for WS member's, VI's & Victim's.
I have looked but can't seem to find anything other than a brief mention of some general guidelines.

Why do some threads get locked and have a sequel? I've noticed that it's usually after 1000 posts, but it's never an exact 1000, sometimes a 1200 or a 1040 or whatever.
Is there a reason for why these threads get cut off? When do you determine that it should be continued in another thread?

I could be wrong but the reason I always start a new thread after 1000 and yes sometimes a bit more is because it seems to start opening slower the longer the threads get.

Could I please have a list of who the Admins are for this forum?

Could i also have a link to any information with regards to Privacy, for WS member's, VI's & Victim's.
I have looked but can't seem to find anything other than a brief mention of some general guidelines.

A list of all the Mods and Admins are located under Forum leaders at the bottom of the main page located here...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php page down to Admins when you click on this link,

As far as your privacy question I would suggest you ask Admin about that as well.

Hi, Bark. Rule of thumb is 1,000 posts. Some threads move very swiftly, and the posts exceed 1,000 before a mod becomes aware and opens a new thread.

Limiting threads to 1M posts aids in keeping the information organized and easier to locate in subsequent searches. In other words, a keyword search in a 1M post thread will run more smoothly than a search executed in a thread of 5M posts.

ETA: Oops. Looks like Imamaze and I were simul-posting. :)

Hi, Bark. Rule of thumb is 1,000 posts. Some threads move very swiftly, and the posts exceed 1,000 before a mod becomes aware and opens a new thread.

Limiting threads to 1M posts aids in keeping the information organized and easier to locate in subsequent searches. In other words, a keyword search in a 1M post thread will run more smoothly than a search executed in a thread of 5M posts.

ETA: Oops. Looks like Imamaze and I were simul-posting. :)

Your answer is much better than mine :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member