**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been curious about this for a while but never saw a place to ask. What determines the number of posts showing under New Posts? Like this morning when I started looking there were 4 pages of new posts but before I could read updates for 2 cases on the first page the new posts had shortened considerably - down to 13 posts. Any ideas?

I've been curious about this for a while but never saw a place to ask. What determines the number of posts showing under New Posts? Like this morning when I started looking there were 4 pages of new posts but before I could read updates for 2 cases on the first page the new posts had shortened considerably - down to 13 posts. Any ideas?

Well, I have no clue about the technical side of things, so that part I cannot answer.

Let me ask: Do you open each thread you want to read in a new browser window? Doing so will keep your New Posts page intact, but if you're just clicking through to read the thread and then either clicking the Back button or the New Posts tab again, that may change the contents of the New Posts page.

Under the Quick Links tab, there's a link for Today's Posts, and that one will show you every thread that's been updated within the past day. If New Posts isn't working out for you, try using Today's Posts. The list of threads on there doesn't change completely as often as New Posts will, and the ones you haven't read yet won't disappear before you can get to them.

Not a question as much as a comment. I am so delighted with the new banner that shows the most active current cases up top. Thank YOU!

Is WS on crack today ? I'm having such a hard time with it. I'm going through my subscriptions and they will not come up, only an error page. Should I FTFO or just be patient and it will right itself?

Noob question from a noob: is it possible to get a notification when someone "thanks" one of my posts? I checked my settings, but couldn't find anything.

Noob question from a noob: is it possible to get a notification when someone "thanks" one of my posts? I checked my settings, but couldn't find anything.

I don't believe so LucasDAP. Sorry.

I've never had a problem copying and pasting tweets before but now they look like this - multi-coloured and always in bold.
As soon as I paste it, you just see the text, but when I hit the post button, the box comes up with the tweet in it and the text is repeated underneath it. I can't highlight the text and delete the bold.
Further, if I want to type text in underneath the tweet, it's also bolded.

Finally, while I'm typing this, after Barry Bateman @barrybateman the following appears: [video=twitter; followed by an 18 digit number], then https://twitter.com/barrybateman/status/ followed by the same 18 digit number, then [video].

When I submit it, all the things in the para. above disappear. Tweets never appeared in a box before, never had the text repeated, were never multi-coloured and were never in bold. HELP PLEASE.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman [video=twitter;750608571969245184]https://twitter.com/barrybateman/status/750608571969245184[/video] BREAKING #OscarPistorius sentenced to six years in prison. BB

If you do a simple copy and paste it will appear as you described above if you do a copy and paste as plain text it will simply be the text from the tweet and will not appear as a video or a box with text Within I hope that makes sense

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

If you do a simple copy and paste it will appear as you described above if you do a copy and paste as plain text it will simply be the text from the tweet and will not appear as a video or a box with text Within I hope that makes sense

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much tlcya. I'll give it a whirl. I've just been doing Ctrl C and Ctrl V, but that's what I always did in the past. I'm not sure why it changed.

Tlcya, I've just tried your suggestion and it did work perfectly. Thank you again for your prompt reply.

Hopefully this will be my last problem. For the last 3 years I've been able to upload photos that I'd saved in My Pictures, but now I only seem to be able to post thumbnails. Other people can still upload normal size photos, but not me :(

Further to the above post, I've also tried clicking on

Insert Image icon above
From Computer
Basic Uploader
Browse and selected the photo

Then I do get a photo but I also get a thumbnail!

I am having trouble with all the text on posts and forums being centered instead of left aligned.
I cleared history, temp files and cookies, etc. refresh and no change.
I am using IE 11. This is new today.
Also in the headers above each page it shows the "Websleuths News" box properly but the "Trials" Box is lower and partially hidden.

None of this happens if I open WS in Firefox.
Help?

I am having trouble with all the text on posts and forums being centered instead of left aligned.
I cleared history, temp files and cookies, etc. refresh and no change.
I am using IE 11. This is new today.
Also in the headers above each page it shows the "Websleuths News" box properly but the "Trials" Box is lower and partially hidden.

None of this happens if I open WS in Firefox.
Help?

I have the same thing happening in IE 11 with Win 10. This started for me yesterday. The screens appear aligned correctly using Edge so the problem seems to only be with the IE browser.

AND NOW It is normal and All Is Right With The world.

Okay, this is embarrassing. I am pretty new to the forums, and have posted, but only as a reply to another post. I honestly cannot see how to start a new thread! I'm looking in the "Missing" Category, and there wasn't a thread for the missing person I want to discuss...

Okay, this is embarrassing. I am pretty new to the forums, and have posted, but only as a reply to another post. I honestly cannot see how to start a new thread! I'm looking in the "Missing" Category, and there wasn't a thread for the missing person I want to discuss...
Go to the section in which you want to post a new thread. In your case, it might be:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?60-Missing-Persons-Discussion

Near the top of the page, on the left hand side, before it says “Forum: Missing Persons Discussion”, there is a thin gray lozenge shape button that says "+ Post New Thread", push the button and off you go! Your new thread will appear in that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman