**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where to ask this. I haven't received any emails on my subscribed threads. I checked all my incoming email folders. It's been since before Christmas. Any ideas what I should do would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Terry

I'm not sure where to ask this. I haven't received any emails on my subscribed threads. I checked all my incoming email folders. It's been since before Christmas. Any ideas what I should do would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Terry

When you are on the page with your subscribed threads, look at the far right column. You will only get email notices if you have the box marked for each thread you want emails. Then click on SELECTED THREADS at the bottom right, and select "instantly, using email" or whichever choice you prefer for being notified. It looks like this:

Selected Threads
  • Move / Delete Subscriptions
  • Move to folder...
  • Delete Subscription
  • Update Subscription Type
  • Through my control panel only
  • Instantly, using email
  • Daily, using email
  • Weekly, using email

Hope this helped.

I don't know if this has been asked/answered anywhere yet. I am using my iPad to view the site and recently my pages will suddenly reload or a message will come up that says 'there was an unexpected error and the page has been reloaded.' I have cleared my cache and cookies and have downloaded every browser to try and view the site. I keep getting the same problem.

Is there anyway to fix this?

I am getting the same problem. The page reloads about a dozen times before I can read al the messages. I think it's because of all the video ads that autoplay. Right now there are 5 tourist video ads running on every page.

When you are on the page with your subscribed threads, look at the far right column. You will only get email notices if you have the box marked for each thread you want emails. Then click on SELECTED THREADS at the bottom right, and select "instantly, using email" or whichever choice you prefer for being notified. It looks like this:

Selected Threads
  • Move / Delete Subscriptions
  • Move to folder...
  • Delete Subscription
  • Update Subscription Type
  • Through my control panel only
  • Instantly, using email
  • Daily, using email
  • Weekly, using email

Hope this helped.

Thank you for the directions. I have it set up for instant email. It must be something in my email program because I'm still not getting any emails from WS, and I subscribe to a lot of threads. Thanks again for your time.
Terry

I am getting the same problem. The page reloads about a dozen times before I can read al the messages. I think it's because of all the video ads that autoplay. Right now there are 5 tourist video ads running on every page.

Hi MJ, my advice is to turn-off JavaScript in safari. You won't get 100% interface (like emoticons, videos) but site will work perfectly. I just turn it back on for other sites that need JavaScript, like gmail, target, etc.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask but notice a huge amount of birthdays today all the same age (47) Are lots of fake accounts created to cause trouble or are they backup accounts in case of a ban?

More importantly, are Admin aware of this anomaly?

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here....

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask but notice a huge amount of birthdays today all the same age (47) Are lots of fake accounts created to cause trouble or are they backup accounts in case of a ban?

More importantly, are Admin aware of this anomaly?

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here....

my guess is many members did not want to disclose their birthdate so chose January 1 (with varying years) ... or some unfortunate glitch. Did you notice how many are 47 years old? Looked like nearly as many birthdays as members :giggle:

I did inform a mod after it was pointed out by another member. But I don't expect them to take time away from a holiday weekend to fix it.

They are not fake accounts. In the interest of maintaining anonymity, new members often register with a generic DOB, without nefarious intentions. Later, as they become established and comfortable with the site, they simply forget to change the DOB in their profiles. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

When I save an image using a URL or save it to my PC, when I upload it into my post it's always thumbnail size. I really want full-size images.

I've tried using Insert Image and Management Attachment but the result is the same. The current one is 640 x 580 pixels and 37kb and well within allowances. I've checked my settings and Enhanced Uploading is on.

When I save an image using a URL or save it to my PC, when I upload it into my post it's always thumbnail size. I really want full-size images.

I've tried using Insert Image and Management Attachment but the result is the same. The current one is 640 x 580 pixels and 37kb and well within allowances. I've checked my settings and Enhanced Uploading is on.

There is a trick to it. I normally preview my post then right click the image(s) in a new tab to get the URL then do image tags. Simply delete any attachment code that's in your reply

To see the IMG tag, quote my post, you'll see it

Allenstown NH unrelated child that's in my image history
attachment.php

Attachments

• AllenstownNHMiddleChildBobEvansFather.jpg
    AllenstownNHMiddleChildBobEvansFather.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 112
Thank you so much Rose, but unfortunately it's still not working for me. I now have one of the Admins trying to assist. We both think there's a problem with my settings. :gaah:

Thank you so much Rose, but unfortunately it's still not working for me. I now have one of the Admins trying to assist. We both think there's a problem with my settings. :gaah:
Possibly I have no problems. I am also using Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hope I can explain this so you understand. If I upload a photo using the "Go advanced" link, then add pic using the "manage attachments" I always get just a thumbnail

If I save the pic first to my PC or ipad, then click the picture icon at the top of the post page ( to the right of the 'earth with red check') and select "from computer" , choose my pic, then hit my return bar I will get a full-size photo.

Does it work the same for you?

I hope I can explain this so you understand. If I upload a photo using the "Go advanced" link, then add pic using the "manage attachments" I always get just a thumbnail

If I save the pic first to my PC or ipad, then click the picture icon at the top of the post page ( to the right of the 'earth with red check') and select "from computer" , choose my pic, then hit my return bar I will get a full-size photo.

As you say, there are 2 ways to attach a photo, with manage attachments after you've previewed your post or using the photo icon at the top of the post in the formatting option box.

Sounds like what you're doing is clicking the photo icon which would give the option to attach inline. When I attach inline I get a thumbnail

Here is my thumbnail

MiddleGirlRecon.jpg

I then preview my post, then right click the thumbnail image, grab the image URL, add my IMG tags
; put the photo URL between it.

attachment.php

This is the only way I know to not get a thumbnail is to write the code

Roselvr, These are the only ways I know:
attachment.php

(1) I selected the photo icon in the header, in the box that popped up I chose from computer and selected my saved pic then hit upload and it popped in ---- whatever size it is is what I get, mostly a full size.

or (2) go advanced/ choose Manage Attachments, chose from PC, select my pic I had saved , upload / close. My pic will be more of an attachment you will have to click on to see larger. Works the same if you choose from url instead.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 198

Manage attachments gives me a thumbnail too.

Para. 2 is exactly what I've been doing. However, I can't hit enter because I get a popup box where I select Upload File.

Here's a pic that's 615 x 409 pixels, but as you can see, it's not much bigger than a thumbnail.

View attachment 110134

Thank you Roselvr. I don't select Inline but click on Done. I never use URLs, but I've tried just to see what happens ... thumbnail. You wouldn't believe how much time I've spent on this ... but I don't give up easily. I'll report back tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmpottier