**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a nutshell, I had a friend who was murdered by her husband. He is up for parole and I need to find out his status. I don't even know if this is a WS type question, if not maybe someone could point me to the right place? I know what prison he is in but that didn't give me any information.

Does WS have a forum for this type of question? I don't think his case was reviewed here, it happened about 20 years ago. Thanks.

You can start a thread in the Jury Room. :)

would it be possible, to move this thread

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News Fort Wayne unsolved murder case to get a new look
into the April tinsley thread in the cold case section?
If not that is OK, just wanted to ask so I and others wouldn't have to keep going back and forth to each tread......thank you

Questions that are specific to one forum can be seen quicker when you contact the moderators for that forum. I would help you with this, but I am not the mod for those forums.

Is there a way to locate where a certain member is posting on Websleuths? There is a member whose posts I have always enjoyed reading in the past but never see anymore. I have checked their profile and see that they do still post here, but I do not know of a way to find the posts. Is there such a way?
Thanks

Is there a way to locate where a certain member is posting on Websleuths? There is a member whose posts I have always enjoyed reading in the past but never see anymore. I have checked their profile and see that they do still post here, but I do not know of a way to find the posts. Is there such a way?
Thanks

(Not a mod, but I thought I'd help here.)

If you go to the poster's profile, and hit "stats" (it's one of the tabs above the wall) you can see the "Find all posts by..." and the "Find all threads by..." links, and that will search out the last 500 or so. HTH.

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1. I was wondering how to Search? Is there a way to search all forums, or do you go into specific forum? I tried this, but it says:

Bandit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

2. I was wondering if there was an "introduce yourself" thread somewhere on the forums - if yes, could you please point me there?

Thanks! :thumb:

Hi Bandit!

#1 The search function becomes available after you become an established member. This comes through time and posts.

#2 The link is on my signature line! :)

There is a new thread for Julie Ann Gonzales in the missing discussion forum.

Today I've had that thread disappear on me a couple of times.

I won't be able to find it on the Discussion forum so I will go back to her support thread and click on the link that Salem posted and it says invalid link---contact a moderator.

Then it came back twice today after having that happen twice.

Now it is currently gone. Is this something on my end? Thank you.

There is a new thread for Julie Ann Gonzales in the missing discussion forum.

Today I've had that thread disappear on me a couple of times.

I won't be able to find it on the Discussion forum so I will go back to her support thread and click on the link that Salem posted and it says invalid link---contact a moderator.

Then it came back twice today after having that happen twice.

Now it is currently gone. Is this something on my end? Thank you.
TX TX - Julie Ann Gonzalez - 21 years old - Austin - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hi TG! Thanks so much but we had two threads. The one above you were so kind to post is for the information and support of the families and we can't discuss her case on that thread.

The thread I am missing is located on the missing/discussion forum. We had been discussing and Julie Ann's case was covered on Jane Velez Mitchell again tonight.

Many thanks!

It's fixed now! Thank you Salem :)

Hi, Not sure if this is where my question goes, but what the heck. I'm wondering why I'm barred from using the search function. Every time I try to do a search using the "search this forum" button, I get to a page that tells me

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I'm a little confused about this. Well, more than a little, actually. Thoroughly :confused: would be a better description. Like I said, just trying to use the search function, can't think of any reason and didn't get any notice that the administrator may have disabled my account (I'm a :newbie:, registered February, still lurking & learning, never posted), and I got a nice shiny confirmation note when my account was activated. So none of those issues seems to be the problem.

Any idea why I can't seem to complete a search or what I can do about it?

Many, many thanks.

Hi there and welcome. You need to become an established member in order to have full capabilities. Typically you are established once you have 35 to 50 or so posts.

Is there a suggestion box thread? Because I have a suggestion but I don't know where to post it.

Okay.

Well, you know how we've got a way of knowing if a missing person has been found -- the prefixes "Found Safe" and "Found Deceased" and the fact that the threads are moved into the Located forum? But what we don't have is a way of knowing what cases have a huge milestone or breakthrough if those cases don't have their own forums. Most of us follow so many cases that even the arrest of a suspect can go unnoticed, especially in cases that are so frequently "bumped" that we've stopped even bothering to click on new posts any more.

What about having a no-discussion forum that would just consist of threads with links to the discussion threads of whatever threads have major, significant developments. We could have prefixes such as "POI Named," "Evidence Discovered," "Suspect Named," "Suspect Arrested," "Trial Begins," "Verdict In" and so on. The title would be something that identifies what case it is, like the name of the victim. And then in the body of the post a link to the crime's WS thread. There could be strict rules about the kind of information that could be posted in the, say, "Case Milestone Forum" so that people don't start putting in every single development, just the really major ones.

chirping_crickets.jpg

. . .

I don't have a simple answer for that STEADFAST. There are so many threads, breaking news is often hard to keep up with outside of those posting and following a thread. We try to keep up with keeping threads in their appropriate forum, such as moving some to awaiting trial or others.....but without input from our members whom we rely on for that info sometimes things get missed.

hth

I don't have a simple answer for that STEADFAST. There are so many threads, breaking news is often hard to keep up with outside of those posting and following a thread. We try to keep up with keeping threads in their appropriate forum, such as moving some to awaiting trial or others.....but without input from our members whom we rely on for that info sometimes things get missed.

hth
BBM

The bolded part is my point. That's what this proposed thread would solve.

I'm thinking of it being a sticky thread where each case's active posters would post to give others a heads up about an important development and provide a link to the discussion thread for that particular case.
Not a place that moderators would need to post in or find cases for.

Most cases have die-hard followers, but there are many other posters who might have drifted off because they became involved in other cases or because the discussion had gone to a place that didn't interest them, or they became frustrated by a lack of information.

We've all got unfinished cases that we barely remember because so much time has passed, but we'd be extremely interested if there was some movement in them. Also often you just get tired of clicking on a case when you see it in New Posts" only for the post to say "bump" or "here's hoping there's closure" or "no news" a hundred different times. You stop checking it after a while and you would never know the hundred-and-first time would be an important development that you'd like to discuss with others.

Really, my idea would draw traffic to many different threads.

The titles would be the appropriate prefix followed by the original thread title. The text of the posts would merely be a link to the discussion thread for each case

Example of how the thread might look:

Suspect Named ! Husband in Cleveland Kills Wife
Trial Begins OK -- Mary Doe, 33, Tulsa, Missing 5/5/09
Verdict In Serial Killer Active in Florida?
Arrest! CA -- John Joe, 19, Chula Vista, Missing 5/6/09
New Evidence Body Discovered in Desert Outside Phoenix
POI Named Cold Case -- Child Murdered, 1977

Members could scan the list periodically for cases they recognize or that might interest them. I reiterate, NOT something the mods would have to bother with -- hard to violate TOS by posting a link to a WS thread.

Query: Is there any way to use the state prefixes we now (very usefully) have for the thread titles as a search function, other than just to plug "California" into the search box?

For example, is there a function to just hit "CA" to see all the California case threads in, say, "Missing-1970s"?

Just wondering, in case there's an easier way to do this than just searching blindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1