**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I hope it's post here but I can't start any new threads or PM other members.

I'd like to change the e-mail address I used when I registered so that I can get notifications on my e-mail account. In order to register I had to use an address I have only temporary access to and not my permanent address. How can I change it? I have a regular hotmail account but even though it's validated that I'm not a spammer I still can't change it. What can I do? Thank you.

I have been tasked with making a couple of Memorial Videos, one for my Mom-in-Law(86), and one for a sis-in-law(60ish) they have not passed yet, but it will not be long. I have tried searching for songs on here, but they are so spread out....has there ever been a thread on this that you could refer me to? Webslueth members ALWAYS seem to have the right things to say when I am following a case.....just seem to be struggling with the reagular searches.
Thanks!

Hi, I hope it's post here but I can't start any new threads or PM other members.

I'd like to change the e-mail address I used when I registered so that I can get notifications on my e-mail account. In order to register I had to use an address I have only temporary access to and not my permanent address. How can I change it? I have a regular hotmail account but even though it's validated that I'm not a spammer I still can't change it. What can I do? Thank you.

This is a situation where you need to contact admin privately.

I have been tasked with making a couple of Memorial Videos, one for my Mom-in-Law(86), and one for a sis-in-law(60ish) they have not passed yet, but it will not be long. I have tried searching for songs on here, but they are so spread out....has there ever been a thread on this that you could refer me to? Webslueth members ALWAYS seem to have the right things to say when I am following a case.....just seem to be struggling with the reagular searches.
Thanks!

I am not sure if there is one, but it would be in the Jury Room. You can always start a new one there.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No biggie but for the last couple of weeks, I keep losing my 'sign in' on the forum when I click on a WS case link to read, or just open a new tab to read something else for a while...after 5, 10, 15 min. I come back to the WS tab and have to sign in again. And I did check the 'remember me' box.

Is anybody else having this problem?

log off
clear cookies
log back on- check the remember me box
hopefully that will do it.
Thanks reader.

i want to access curtain pages n photos
every time i do
it says not authorized

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1674

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

1. how do you reply with quote if the thread# has closed?

2. how do you deal with bullies/hot heads on here? I've enjoyed ws for yrs but lately I try not to post because there is always an <modsnip> who's ready to attack you and i'm noticing it's always the same people.

It's sad that someone's life is so empty that they have to come on a forum and attack strangers.

Venus report problem posts using the red triangle at the corner of each post. A mod reviews all reported posts and removes or snips as necessary. Attacking other posters is against TOS and any violations of that will be handled.

1. how do you reply with quote if the thread# has closed?

2. how do you deal with bullies/hot heads on here? I've enjoyed ws for yrs but lately I try not to post because there is always an <modsnip> who's ready to attack you and i'm noticing it's always the same people.

It's sad that someone's life is so empty that they have to come on a forum and attack strangers.

1. You take what you are wanting to quote and put
at the beginning and the same with a / in front of the word quote at the end.

2. Please use the ignore feature to block out posts from those who may annoy you. The instructions can be found here: Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Not wishing to sound like a broken record, but

New forums and sub-forums have popped up recently, but these are not yet reflected in the "Edit Options" list where one can opt out of seeing one or more of them. Could they be added?

Also: how does one achieve a strikethrough effect when posting? I've seen others use this (sparingly; like twice maybe). Advantage: extra communications tool; looks cool. Disadvantage: might lead to snark-level increases.

BBM

I found this while trying to figure out how to embed a YT video (of which, I'm still searching).

Strike through:
You know when you bold word(s) in the forum, you get this (less the spaces) at the beginning of what you want to bold [ B ] , and at the end of what you want to bold, you get this [ /B ]

So, to do a strike you will have to manually put the code in since WS doesn't have a button shown to wrap it for you. It would be this (less the spaces) at the beginning of the word(s) you want to strike
[ S ] and this at the end [ /S ]

I like to strike words :yesss:

Testing

huh, it works, lol. Thanks for the info.

Ima

When is/are the only time that the PM (Private Message option) can/should be used? I know that request for personal information is not allowed.

Satch

When is/are the only time that the PM (Private Message option) can/should be used? I know that request for personal information is not allowed.

Satch

The PM option can be used as your own leisure. However, no one is supposed to be violating our rules via PM. How is this moderated, you ask? When someone sends a PM that is a violation and the recipient alerts the PM, just like you would a post. If those involved in the PM don't alert, the mods don't know about it and are unable to assist the members.

Are there rules regarding posting a missing person that doesn't appear to have been reported missing? I was reading a case from the 1970s about a man who killed his first wife and 2 others are missing. One of the missing wives has profiles on all of the usual sites, the other does not. There are numerous articles about her being missing and suspected dead, and there are pictures in the articles, but there doesn't appear to be any official reports. I would hate to think that no one is looking for her. I don't know the proper protocol for posting her info, or if it's even allowed.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

BBM
I found this while trying to figure out how to embed a YT video (of which, I'm still searching).

Strike through:
You know when you bold word(s) in the forum, you get this (less the spaces) at the beginning of what you want to bold [ B ] , and at the end of what you want to bold, you get this [ /B ]

So, to do a strike you will have to manually put the code in since WS doesn't have a button shown to wrap it for you. It would be this (less the spaces) at the beginning of the word(s) you want to strike
[ S ] and this at the end [ /S ]

I like to strike words :yesss:
Thanks MUCH thanks for that, AnonymousD! Having been trying to figure that out for ages.

Re: YT video embedding, sometimes mine will here and sometimes not. Cleaning the cache and/or closing then re-opening the browser tend to help.

Can one change Missing Person threads to recovered/alive/no longer missing or similar? I was looking at this thread: NY NY - Alice Hennesey, 7, & Julia Willan, 3, The Tombs prison, 1879 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I've located the two children mentioned in a census record several months after the article that named them missing, and one of the children alive in her 20s.

Please contact the moderators in the Missing area when a status has changed. There are certain criteria that must be met before changing the title status in these areas.

Thank you!

I have a question for the mods. It seems as though HLN is going to cover the Trayvon Martin case LIVE when it starts. Are we going to be allowed to discuss this case when the trial begins? :angel:

When I make a post on a fast moving thread (or come back hours later) is there a way to see any/all responses to that particular post without wading through every post on a lot of pages?
Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member