Q & A Thread..Merged threads... 8/18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anngelique said:
So there was no semen either? And why wasn't she bathed often? Sorry, I guess I'm really a rookie.
There were three sources of DNA found on Jon Benet, Anngelique, and it didn't match the Ramsey family

Linda7NJ said:
Because the DNA found under her nails wasn't from scratching the perp. It was minuscule. The world is littered with DNA. Humans shed thousands of skin cells everyday. Poor little JonBenet wasn't bathed very often either so who knows how long it was there?

It was never a DNA case, not then and not now.
Oh, come on!:waitasec: Who said she wasn't bathed very often??? Correct me if I am wrong because I don't purport to be an expert on the JBR case, but in the long list of accusations made about the Ramsey's, I don't believe the NEGLECT was ever among that list!

julianne said:
Oh, come on!:waitasec: Who said she wasn't bathed very often??? Correct me if I am wrong because I don't purport to be an expert on the JBR case, but in the long list of accusations made about the Ramsey's, I don't believe the NEGLECT was ever among that list!
She wasn't bathed daily, not even after a bed wetting accident. If you didn't know that, then you haven't followed the case. Patsy couldn't even recall when she had bathed her last

Buzzm1 said:
Little things like that don't mean anything to any of our adamant "The Ramseys Are Guilty" posters. They figure DNA didn't stop OJ, and they'll be damned if a little thing like DNA is going to stop John and/or Patsy Ramsey, from being convicted, even in abstentia, or posthumously, whichever way they want to call it. Just when we think DNA is finally really catching on, along comes the flipside of an OJ type case, and we're back to square one all over again.
I love your way with words!

luvbeaches said:
I think the former housekeeper said that things were a mess.
Wasn't the home featured in some sort of Home & Garden type magazine? Couldn't have been too much of a mess if that was the case.

Also, if the housekeeper said things were a mess around there, well...then she is insulting herself! If it was such a mess, the housekeeper obviously didn't do her job very well!!

I still want to know why it's thought that "Patsy just wasn't into hygiene"????

Buzzml, WE are a hyperactive buncha people ain't WE?

Maybe someone could just print a synopsis of the content of ALL the NEW threads, so it would read like a novelette, Buzzml?

I vote to always just keep one continuous thread per case, hee hee.

julianne said:
Wasn't the home featured in some sort of Home & Garden type magazine? Couldn't have been too much of a mess if that was the case.

Also, if the housekeeper said things were a mess around there, well...then she is insulting herself! If it was such a mess, the housekeeper obviously didn't do her job very well!!

Any house can be cleaned, and especially for a magazine article. I think it was more the second and third floor that was a pit. I'm sure that Patsy had an army of cleaners out to the house prior to that shoot. I've had friends who have had their homes on different tours, and my God, you should see the things they do prior to everyone walking through their homes. Those homes are cleaned from top to bottom, inside and out. I even had one friend who had a company plant flowers outside her home (in the dead of winter).

As for a housekeeper doing her job...well, the gal that cleans my house has told me horror stories about her other houses. It doesn't reflect at all on her cleaning, but rather that the people she cleans for are lazy pigs and they are too lazy to do anything for themselves. They just wait for her to show up each week and pick up after them.

I've read this. I'd have to do some searching, but I know that it was reported that the house was a mess, and that JonBenet showed up at school looking dirty. And of course you have Patsy dressed in the same clothes on Xmas Day that she wore the evening before. Maybe she was into wearing things multiple time before washing them...but I think on that day, she had that same clothes on for another reason.

Linda7NJ said:
She wasn't bathed daily, not even after a bed wetting accident. If you didn't know that, then you haven't followed the case. Patsy couldn't even recall when she had bathed her last
Well, I have kids and NO, they have not bathed every single day of their lives. They have, and do, go without taking a bath some days. That doesn't mean that I am "not into hygiene".

Show me a parent who says that their kids have and do bathe every single day of their life, and I'll show you someone who isn't being truthful!!!!

And, no, as I said in my post, I am no expert on this case. I haven't been spending the last decade "following this case closely". Sorry.

julianne said:

If we are to believe Pasty, she never showered after the White's party before going to bed. She woke up that morning, never bathed and slapped on her make-up & the same cloths she wore the day before before going downstairs and finding the ransom note.

Well what do you expect....we are brainstorming! I saw the new sticky written by the moderators today. Give us a chance to get settled down and FOCUSED.

julianne said:
Well, I have kids and NO, they have not bathed every single day of their lives. They have, and do, go without taking a bath some days. That doesn't mean that I am "not into hygiene".

Show me a parent who says that their kids have and do bathe every single day of their life, and I'll show you someone who isn't being truthful!!!!

And, no, as I said in my post, I am no expert on this case. I haven't been spending the last decade "following this case closely". Sorry.
Sorry, I wouldn't dress my kid all up for a party without bathing him first! I also could tell you when he last bathed.

The ONLY time my kid doesn't bath daily is when he's sick.

julianne said:

I too find it hard to believe that patsy wasnt into Hygiene, I mean this is a woman who was REALLY into the pagaents and having her daugher all dressed up. I mean patsy was Ms. West Virginia, into that kind of stuff herself. These woman take much pride into the way they look. JMO

Linda7NJ said:
If we are to believe Pasty, she never showered after the White's party before going to bed. She woke up that morning, never bathed and slapped on her make-up & the same cloths she wore the day before before going downstairs and finding the ransom note.
:eek: The horror!

Weren't they in a hurry to catch a plane?? Don't know about wearing the same clothes, but didn't she state that she was about to shower and remembered her shower was broken? And John was using his shower.

twinkiesmom said:
<<Now I was one who felt like the family was to blame for a long time but like I said I never followed this one closely. But if the reports I'm now reading are correct and they truly have the perps DNA, shouldn't the parents then be exonerated if the DNA did not match.>>

In an ordinary case, there is semen or blood....a smear or a droplet or a puddlle. When they DNA test the blood or the semen...they match the DNA results to a stain.

The DNA in this case is not enough to have even have come from a drop of human blood...it's a speck that has been amplified thousands upon thousands of times.

This is the downside of the new DNA technology...it is extremely sensitive...but are you amplifying a true perp sample or something extraneous...a cough, a sneeze, someone scratches their head and drops a flake of dandruff.

Henry Lee says this is not a DNA case.

The concern about the DNA in this case is it could have come from a playmate, bad lab technique, you name it....It could have come from the toilet bowl at the White's house.

The DNA has been found...If it matches someone like Karr, you know he had to have done it since there's no other explanation for it being there. But it's not enough DNA to clear anybody.
Despite all that you said, twinkiesmom, the odds, of the "on Jon Benet DNA", in a match, to the killers DNA, will be between, 1 and 3 trillion to one, so apparently, despite what you say, they have recovered enough points of DNA, to establish that kind of match.

That's:

1 in 1,000,000,000,000 to 3,000,000,000,000

and there are only roughly 6,500,000,000 people living on earth.

That means it would be 1 out of the population, of between 160, and 485 earths.

michelle said:
I too find it hard to believe that patsy wasnt into Hygiene, I mean this is a woman who was REALLY into the pagaents and having her daugher all dressed up. I mean patsy was Ms. West Virginia, into that kind of stuff herself. These woman take much pride into the way they look. JMO
I agree Michelle.

Linda7NJ said:
Sorry, I wouldn't dress my kid all up for a party without bathing him first! I also could tell you when he last bathed.

The ONLY time my kid doesn't bath daily is when he's sick.

Same here. I have kids and never did they not take a bath unless they were sick. Never. Geeze, there's nothing worse than a ripe kid...and even on the coldest day, they are a bit stinky.

michelle said:
Exactly, Michelle. Great point!!:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael
Back