Q & A Thread..Merged threads... 8/18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First off, my apologies if this isn't the correct thread to post this question. While I was composing the question the screen poofed and took me to a message that said something about not being anymore threads blah blah blah.
I refreshed and couldn't find the topic I was originally in. :confused:

Anyway, luvbeaches said:
Pretty considerate killer...cleaning her up the way he did. Wasn't she wiped down?

Could you, or someone in the know, refresh my memory about JBR being wiped down? Was the wipe down done with a cloth? Soap? A Baby Wipes?
If JBR was wiped down, couldn't that have been done after a bed wetting accident just a few hours earlier and the residue from whatever she was wiped down with, remain?
Thank you to anyone who can refresh my memory or direct me to where I can find the information.
Thank you!!!

Amity said:
First off, my apologies if this isn't the correct thread to post this question. While I was composing the question the screen poofed and took me to a message that said something about not being anymore threads blah blah blah.
I refreshed and couldn't find the topic I was originally in. :confused:

Anyway, luvbeaches said:
Pretty considerate killer...cleaning her up the way he did. Wasn't she wiped down?

Could you, or someone in the know, refresh my memory about JBR being wiped down? Was the wipe down done with a cloth? Soap? A Baby Wipes?
If JBR was wiped down, couldn't that have been done after a bed wetting accident just a few hours earlier and the residue from whatever she was wiped down with, remain?
Thank you to anyone who can refresh my memory or direct me to where I can find the information.
Thank you!!!
You are on the right thread..but that's all I can tell you! There plenty here that can answer your questions though.

Hi Twinkiesmom,

I do respect your opinion, but am seriously wondering about Dr Lee, as that isn't at all what he said yesterday. He said the DNA had been preserved from the beginning of the case and so it would not have deteriorated. That was a live interview on MSNBC I believe as the case was breaking open.

Scandi

Hi JBean,

I know what you mean about being a bit upset. Today I read a poster who referred to something here as being in the negative because of what they had said, and then said he hoped they could find their ILK to live with or hang out with. That was the jist of it. And I sat up and thought to myself how we here at WS had always thought of ourselves as a certain type of ILK, together believing in and searching for Justice for those who need it most. It just struck an ill chord with me, but then, they might have pulled that word out of the blue, and not realized what it meant to those of us here who searched valiantly and ferverently for Laci's murderer. We were of one ILK, bound together for the sake of justice and we all thought the same way

Scandi

PS: That was before they decided to take the land of ILKdom to another site, and then proceeded to come back and rob us of our transcripts! Awful, and Timex was firm and proud for Websleuths as we all knew she would be.

I have to say that outloud as Timex was a most special person here at
WS and I know we all miss her and hope she is doing well with the situation at hand with her sweetheart Jim. So here goes: Timex was firm and proud for Websleuths as we all knew she would be.

Sorry for the OT

Anngelique said:
So we alhave all discussed why Karr isn't the killer (and why we think he's lying for attention or just delusional)... but if you believe he could be guilty, what makes you lean towards his guild?

I will start. If he truly knows something that no one else but a few people know that is incriminating.

His story to the lady he confessed to 5 years ago could be a legit way of carrying out the act.

He seems dang wierd to me.

The psychics picture looks very much like him in my opinion.

The handwriting is very, very similar in other samples and the ransome note.

I believe the police having made this case a case history of how not to screw up .., would not under any circumstance arrest somoene without concrete evidence. (even if we do not know what that is yet)
I believe it was Tybee who posted on another thread and stated that there have been times she was asked not to repeat things "not released"
I think the police knowing all of this took that into the equation.
This Case has ruined MANY careers.
If its in your lap how careful would you be?

This guy is a freakin perv!!! So he is good for it.
IMO the first thing LE would have done to seperate a loon from the rest is check if he was on CO at that time.

His family seems to be out there!!! Thought he was dead, don't know where he went to college or other little details..

I asked my hubby tonight ... after realizing my own date mistake ...
"Where were we on X mas of 96?"
His first Answer?? MIAMI
I thought that too but since our one child was born March of 96 and we moved when he was 2 months old there is no way we Lived in Miami at that time.
My point is these alibi's are probably more like that.

ANd last but not least .. His handwriting does match.
Imagine different pen (note was felt tipped, year book looks like ball point)
Imagine 10 years and a case of sick adrynalen (sp?) nerves?
Time taken to write all pretty for some girl and a nervous rush while you contemplate abducting someones child in their house.
DO not look at each letter so much as the spacing of it.

scandi said:
Hi JBean,

I know what you mean about being a bit upset. Today I read a poster who referred to something here as being in the negative because of what they had said, and then said he hoped they could find their ILK to live with or hang out with. That was the jist of it. And I sat up and thought to myself how we here at WS had always thought of ourselves as a certain type of ILK, together believing in and searching for Justice for those who need it most. It just struck an ill chord with me, but then, they might have pulled that word out of the blue, and not realized what it meant to those of us here who searched valiantly and ferverently for Laci's murderer. We were of one ILK, bound together for the sake of justice and we all thought the same way

Scandi

PS: That was before they decided to take the land of ILKdom to another site, and then proceeded to come back and rob us of our transcripts! Awful, and Timex was firm and proud for Websleuths as we all knew she would be.

I have to say that outloud as Timex was a most special person here at
WS and I know we all miss her and hope she is doing well with the situation at hand with her sweetheart Jim. So here goes: Timex was firm and proud for Websleuths as we all knew she would be.

Sorry for the OT
Don't ever be sorry for your OT Scandi..you always have something to say that is well worth listening to.

Did they match the handwriting? Im burrowed in the Studio trying to get ready for the fall show and havent even had the television or radio on today.

julianne said:
All I DO know is that after a DECADE, no one has ever been able to link John or Patsy as being the perps.
BirdieBoo said:
After a decade, nobody has been able to link ANYBODY as being the perps. But SOMEONE killed JonBenet...
Not linking the Ramseys to the killing after a decade is quite different than not linking ANYBODY. The Ramseys whereabouts have been known over the past decade; their histories are known; etc. They have been put under a microscope from hundreds of angles and still not enough has been found to indict them. As far as anybody else goes, if it was an intruder then we need to look at everyone BUT the Ramseys. Finding a perp and proving it outside of the family is tremendously more difficult since we'd have to begin with a pool of the entire population of the world minus the three Ramseys. And with a botched crime scene, where would one even start?

trixie said:
[/B]

Then maybe you shouldn't argue about it with those who have.
:waitasec: uhhh....
I'm sorry you feel that I am "arguing" with those that know more about this case than I do. I don't see it that way....I see it as healthy debate, and it's what has been done in this JBR discussion for years. People see things different ways. I don't consider the views of others with differing opinions as "arguing" with me, LOL, and you shouldn't either. Nobody here has all the answers, that will come in time, but I certainly respect the fact that people all have differing opinions on this case. Just because people don't agree with me on some points I'm not going to label them as being argumentative, and you shouldn't either.:truce: :D

we all want to see jonbenet's killer brought to justice, whether it's her parents, karr, or some other person somewhere.

i have my own opinion and i can't let the fact that others don't share it get me upset. my suggestion is to just ignore the other people who are adamant on trying to make others believe what they believe and present your opinion in a clear manner.

i agree julianne that this is a 'debate'. and everyone should be respected. no matter how long they have been following the case, or how deeply involved they may be.

no one should be put down for their opinion. everyone here has been pretty darn smart and have raised many great questions. no matter who they believe. i really respect the mods. we need to make their job easier.

im not referring to anyone in particular here. just the overall situation. in the beginning i wanted to say things to people when i didn't agree but held off. (cuz i didn't want to get into trouble hehe)

/group hug!

tybee204 said:
Did they match the handwriting? Im burrowed in the Studio trying to get ready for the fall show and havent even had the television or radio on today.
Officially?? I don't know I am going by a link of his writing published in the Boulder news (from an old year book) and the ransom note on smoking gun.
If nothing else the A is the same..

i definately do see similarities. the a, the t, the y. i'm sure i could find more. i also see many differences. this is all so confusing. my opinion changes during the day several times to whether or not this guy is the real deal.

why the heck didn't the LE people do a more thorough check on this guy before they arrested him. my GOODNESS if he's not the one are they ever going to be seen as completely incompetant to the 700th degree!

they should have gotten his dna and check it.
they should have checked out his whereabouts.

i wonder what info he had that wasn't released. i'm sure we all are wondering. it's unnerving. i want answers YESTERDAY!

JBean said:
You are on the right thread..but that's all I can tell you! There plenty here that can answer your questions though.

Thank you so very much JBean for your reply! Guess I'll just hang around this thread for awhile and see if someone pops in that knows anything regarding what JBR was wiped with. I mean, what else is there to do on a Friday night, right? :D
Thanks again, much appreciated!

MistyM said:
we all want to see jonbenet's killer brought to justice, whether it's her parents, karr, or some other person somewhere.

i have my own opinion and i can't let the fact that others don't share it get me upset. my suggestion is to just ignore the other people who are adamant on trying to make others believe what they believe and present your opinion in a clear manner.

i agree julianne that this is a 'debate'. and everyone should be respected. no matter how long they have been following the case, or how deeply involved they may be.

no one should be put down for their opinion. everyone here has been pretty darn smart and have raised many great questions. no matter who they believe. i really respect the mods. we need to make their job easier.

im not referring to anyone in particular here. just the overall situation. in the beginning i wanted to say things to people when i didn't agree but held off. (cuz i didn't want to get into trouble hehe)

/group hug!
Thanks, Misty :blowkiss: I agree totally! There truly are many smart individuals here and all of our opinions should be respected regardless of differing theories.

I also want to say Hats Off to Tybee & other Admin/Mods. I know you all have busy lives outside of WS, and I know the upkeep of WS is normally quite time consuming, so I can only imagine the intense craziness of maintaining this site the last couple days.:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you again for providing this forum so that ALL of WONDERFUL POSTERS can contribute.:blowkiss:

Amraann said:
I believe the police having made this case a case history of how not to screw up .., would not under any circumstance arrest somoene without concrete evidence. (even if we do not know what that is yet)
I believe it was Tybee who posted on another thread and stated that there have been times she was asked not to repeat things "not released"
I think the police knowing all of this took that into the equation.
This Case has ruined MANY careers.
If its in your lap how careful would you be?

This guy is a freakin perv!!! So he is good for it.
IMO the first thing LE would have done to seperate a loon from the rest is check if he was on CO at that time.

His family seems to be out there!!! Thought he was dead, don't know where he went to college or other little details..

I asked my hubby tonight ... after realizing my own date mistake ...
"Where were we on X mas of 96?"
His first Answer?? MIAMI
I thought that too but since our one child was born March of 96 and we moved when he was 2 months old there is no way we Lived in Miami at that time.
My point is these alibi's are probably more like that.

ANd last but not least .. His handwriting does match.
Imagine different pen (note was felt tipped, year book looks like ball point)
Imagine 10 years and a case of sick adrynalen (sp?) nerves?
Time taken to write all pretty for some girl and a nervous rush while you contemplate abducting someones child in their house.
DO not look at each letter so much as the spacing of it.

I agree with everything you've written here. I'm still not convinced he's the man but I have a feeling the LE would HAVE to have something to be arresting him. Just like you said, there's NO WAY they're making this circus just to make news. I mean you would think they've HAD to cross their t's and dotted their i's if you know what I mean. I think there HAs to be something we simply don't know about and neither does the media. Something's very wrong with this whole arrest if it was made because there were similarities. You know what I mean?

Amity said:
Thank you so very much JBean for your reply! Guess I'll just hang around this thread for awhile and see if someone pops in that knows anything regarding what JBR was wiped with. I mean, what else is there to do on a Friday night, right? :D
Thanks again, much appreciated!
I think this is a great question and I would love to know the answer to this as well. :blowkiss:

There are just so many threads on this case that even when I do a search, it narrows it down to like 30 threads that each have to be searched individually. Ugh. So I tried to do some web searching for a bit but still have not come up with anything definitive. Here's the best that I've found so far:

The Murder of JonBenet Ramsey

...And there were dark fibers on her skin, in the vaginal area, that caused police to believe her body had been wiped down with a cloth...

Article from BoulderNews Ramsey Archive

Also in the affidavit for the warrant, Byfield noted that Meyer noted red stains in the crotch area of JonBenet's panties that were consistent with blood. "Dr. Meyer stated to Det. Arndt that his opinion is that the evidence observed is consistent with the child's pubic area having been wiped by a cloth," he wrote.

Murderer wiped JonBenet's body with a cloth

JonBenet Ramsey's killer wiped her body with a cloth that left fibers on her skin, sources close to the case said Monday.
Experts say such a painstaking effort to obscure or alter a crime scene is unusual, but that it could explain the small amount of bodily fluid recovered from the 6-year-old's body...

Hi Twinkiesmom,

I do respect your opinion, but am seriously wondering about Dr Lee, as that isn't at all what he said yesterday. He said the DNA had been preserved from the beginning of the case and so it would not have deteriorated. That was a live interview on MSNBC I believe as the case was breaking open.

Scandi

Scandi,
I think he was referring to the condition of the DNA in 2006 vs. 1996. Whatever was there in 1996 was correctly preserved to this day. I think in the past he has spoken about the condition of the DNA in this case vs. other cases and said this is not a DNA case.

The bottom line (IMHO)..They can use it to rule someone in but not to rule someone out.

Twinkiesmom

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back