Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely believe she made herself hang on until Harry was back in England, so even though she died in Scotland, he would be nearby.

He and William allegedly had no plans to see each other, and now they will.

Hope the family will heal themselves now.

Last edited:
I may have a toast to Her Majesty tonight.

Haaaa! If you've ever wondered about the British and their GIT -- it goes way back to when mixers such as Dubonnet were first marketed as "tonic." From 1915 advert...

1662667171768.png

I genuinely believe she made herself hang on until Harry was back in England, so even though she died in Scotland, he would be nearby.

He and William allegedly had no plans to see each other, and now they will.

Hope the family will heal themselves now.
I apologize for not being up to speed. When did Harry arrive in Europe? Do you know if he was able to make it to Scotland this morning before she died?

She's with her beloved Mother, sister and husband now.

And her beloved, father, King George VI, and all those Corgis

1662668242335.png

My personal thanks to all the members in this thread. I recently lost my own mother (age 92) and I feel a bit lost at not being in UK today with this news. Theirs was truly a great generation where the heart and mind were willing until the very end where it was only their human bodies that failed them. :(

I apologize for not being up to speed. When did Harry arrive in Europe? Do you know if he was able to make it to Scotland this morning before she died?

He was here doing engagements and no she passed this afternoon and he didn’t arrive in Scotland until this evening.
I know that William and Kate had recently moved from Kensington Palace to a smaller home on the grounds of Windsor Castle, I believe partially to be nearer the queen as she couldn't travel much. Then Harry and Meghan came to England for one of those engagements they like to do, and were staying in Frogmore cottage, also on the grounds of Windsor. And that even though the brothers were a five-minute walk apart, they were not going to meet.

Now they will, and as I stated I do believe QEII held on long enough so that this could happen.

I also think Harry didn't make it to Scotland before she passed, though I'm not 100%, but at least he was in the U.K and not California.

I know 96 is 96, but does anyone know what immediate crisis happened that caused the powers that be to know this was going to be the end for the Queen?
I feel like it was a sudden deterioration since we all saw that two days ago she welcomed the new Prime Minister.

ETA:

Last edited:
My personal thanks to all the members in this thread. I recently lost my own mother (age 92) and I feel a bit lost at not being in UK today with this news. Theirs was truly a great generation where the heart and mind were willing until the very end where it was only their human bodies that failed them
So sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members