Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC notes say todays vigil was between 2-3pm, my time.

I will use that as a guide for tomorrow unless they post a proper BST time. :)

How does one scroll back if it’s on an iPad? Questions, questions…Thanks
I am watching on an ipad. Tap lightly on the video and a scroll bar will appear at the bottom of the video. The little white button that is at the far right of the scroll bar can be dragged back several hours.

Live feed large screen.
1663390762086.png
''Queen Consort Camilla watched in the stands at Westminster Hall as Queen Elizabeth II's children stood guard over her coffin in a vigil to pay their respects to their late mother. Among the royals watching the vigil were Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Zara Tindall, her husband Mike and their two eldest children Mia and Lena, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex with Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn. Princess Beatrice's husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, appeared visibly moved by the vigil and put his hand to his face as the family stood in silence while members of the public filed past the coffin.''

Last edited:

sorry musicaljoke I see that u posted this already. Apologies.

I’m glad to see the King & Prince William surprised so many unexpectedly.

sorry musicaljoke I see that u posted this already. Apologies.

I’m glad to see the King & Prince William surprised so many unexpectedly.

To me, across the pond, King Charles III rose to this occasion and is showing us the future.

I'm impressed & pleased.

jmho ymmv lrr

I know it’s been mentioned here several times but I simply cannot get over how respectful everyone is while waiting in line & viewing the coffin. I am so impressed. If this were held in the US I’m afraid many fights would be breaking out & shots would be fired, sad to say.

British people are so amazing & the Queen certainly earned this respect thru a lifetime of service. Incredible.

Last edited:
To me, across the pond, King Charles III rose to this occasion and is showing us the future.

I'm impressed & pleased.

jmho ymmv lrr

I agree & this has been such a long hard week & has to have been such an emotional strain for him & the whole family. I can‘t believe all the appearances & services they have all attended in just a short period of time. They can’t hide from everyone & cry in solitude as much as they might want to.
When I lost my parents I cried at the drop of a hat & sobbed to anyone & everyone who would listen. I’m a big baby & felt so alone in this big huge world. How they can all be so composed on such a giant stage I’ll never comprehend! Amazing.

If you are watching the BBC livestream, the Canadian PM Justin Trudeau and his wife, Sophie, plus who I believe is the Australian PM Scott Morrison, can be seen on the visitors balcony at 12:08
Anthony Albanese is the Australian Prime Minister, and yes he is there. There's a pic of him signing the book,

Scott Morrison is the former Australian PM.

Sept 16 2022
''There was a sense of history on the flight from Canada to London, U.K., on Friday as a unique group of Canadians made their way to the city ahead of Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau spent time speaking with members of the delegation aboard. That included former prime minister Paul Martin, who would have flown on the very same aircraft when he was prime minister nearly 20 years ago. Actress Sandra Oh, Olympian Mark Tewksbury, former governor general David Johnston and several Indigenous leaders including Assembly of First Nations (AFN) Chief RoseAnne Archibald were also on board. A number of others will join the delegation in London, including former prime ministers Stephen Harper, Jean Chrétien and Kim Campbell. It was the queen’s wish to have a wide representation of Canadians present, as with the other Commonwealth nations and their delegations. Trudeau will have his first audience with King Charles III on Saturday, with bilateral meetings planned Sunday with the new U.K. Prime Minister Liz Truss and leaders as well.''

Attachments

• CD39AEBC-79B9-402F-A88A-656E280A3922.jpeg
    CD39AEBC-79B9-402F-A88A-656E280A3922.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics