Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I see the Guards are wearing blue plumes on their bearskin hats. This connotes that they are part of the Irish Guard, first organized by Queen Victoria.

There are also the Grenadier Guards who wear white plumes, and the Scots Guards who don't have plumes, but have buttons in sets of three, and the Welsh Guards who have a green and white plume. And there are other guards:

So many Guards. I really need a programme to keep them all straight.

I notice the Beefeater uniforms and the white- plumed Household Livery regalias are all badged with "ER". You can see it best from behind on their uniforms. I wonder when they will be changed out to "CR". I suppose they'll have to do it before the coronation!

Last edited:

Her mother and father are buried there, as are the ashes of her sister Princess Margaret. Prince Philip's coffin, which was interred in the nearby royal vault following his death last April, will also be moved and put next to the Queen's.

The Queen was just 25-years-old when her father died, and her life was changed irrevocably. She and her husband Prince Philip were in Kenya, staying at the Sagana game-viewing Lodge, when they were told on February 6, 1952, that her father, King George VI, had died. He had been suffering from lung cancer.

Meanwhile her mother and her sister Princess Margaret both died within six weeks of each other in early 2002.

Many grieving royal followers have voiced the feeling they are finding comfort in the knowledge the family are to be reunited again in the coming week.
Earlier I found it interesting Princess Margaret, bless her heart, chose cremation.

Now the Welsh Guards are in view with their white and green hackles.

I keep seeing the camera linger over interesting-looking people and those with lots of medals on. I have the feeling I should know who some of these people are, but am not familiar enough with UK politics or sports to recognize them.

"War dance for William and Kate!

New Zealand troops perform Maori Haka as Prince and Princess of Wales meet Commonwealth soldiers taking part in Queen's funeral preparations."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila