Question and Answer thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Self-Defense
To succeed, a defendant arguing self defense must show that the killing resulted from a reasonable use of force to resist a reasonable fear of death or bodily harm. The defendant cannot have instigated the threatening situation. The degree of force used in self-defense must be proportional to the threat perceived, and the threat perceived must be something that would place a reasonable person in fear of death or great bodily harm. Mere words or insults do not suffice.
The defendant's reaction to the threat cannot take place after the threat of death or bodily harm has passed. Many states require that the defendant attempt to retreat or avoid danger if possible before resorting to the use of deadly force.
For example, if someone incapacitates a mugger with pepper spray, he or she may need to attempt to flee to safety instead of taking out a pistol and shooting the mugger. States differ in the degree to which they require an attempt to retreat if the threat they face occurs in the defender's home

Gratuitous Violence .
The gratuitous violence factor focuses on the intent of the killer as evidenced by his actions. State v. Bocharski, 218 Ariz. 476, 189 P.3d 403 (2008). The fact finder must consider the killer’s intentional actions to determine whether he acted with the necessary vile state of mind. The state must make two showings. The state must first show that the defendant
did, in fact, use violence beyond that necessary to kill. The state must also show that the defendant continued to inflict violence after he knew or should have known that a fatal action had occurred. Id.

Probably asked & answered many already so my apologies but,

Is there a link that shows every text message exchange between Jodi & Travis chronologically???

Kind of like a diary of their text exchanges throughout the relationship?

Thanks. :)

The question here for me would be, could Naps roam at will in the bedroom while Travis was having guests and sexual encounters? My dogs have free roam. They can jump on my bed. If I'm having sex, they go in their crates behind my bed because I don't want them on the bed while I'm having sex. In some cases, they get in the crates themselves when they know what's up because they know that's where I will be moving to do with them in those situations.

I have a dog (and a couple cats). Of course most people will have a method of dealing with their pets during a sexual encounter - as well as roommates, telephones, etc.

TA and JA were not having a normal intimate relationship though. Both of them were pretending to be chaste (not sexually involved outside of marriage). Their sexual relationship - no matter how obvious it is to us and the court - was a complete secret. Something hidden. Not something they would be open about - and likely not something they would even want others to suspect.

In light of that - it would seem unlikely that either of them made any arrangements in their homes for sexual encounters.

(imho)

I know I saw a post somewhere to get the ribbon for Travis on my siggy but can't find the link. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks!

Will Matt ever take the stand? I feel like it has to happen and I thought he was on the list?

Will Matt ever take the stand? I feel like it has to happen and I thought he was on the list?

maybe one of the psychics will come along to answer this. :D
He is on the defense list, but everyone thinks ALV is the last witness.
Can't say for sure.

Does anyone know the trial day of testimony of JA claiming to loan money to TA?
Was it JA testifying to this on direct?
I remember there were allegedly three checks JA claimed she wrote as "loans."
I am looking for the dates of checks and the amounts. TIA

Here on the JA forum, there is a thread called
(paraphrasing) Compare the receipts and financial transactions

There are images of checks from JA to TA, and lots of discussion about them as well, including handwriting interps about the memo field on one of them (airline and other guesses)

Hope this helps.

PPKik
Apologies for mangling your user name.

ETA#2
On that thread (sorry can't link) TigerBalm Post#9 shows this:

Defense Exhibit #436 checks she wrote to Travis

Jan 11, 2008 $100.00
Jan 15, 2008 $699.00
Jan 30, 2008 $220.00

As I said, more discussion on that thread.

Here on the JA forum, there is a thread called
(paraphrasing) Compare the receipts and financial transactions

There are images of checks from JA to TA, and lots of discussion about them as well, including handwriting interps about the memo field on one of them (airline and other guesses)

Hope this helps.

PPKik
Apologies for mangling your user name.

ETA#2
On that thread (sorry can't link) TigerBalm Post#9 shows this:

Defense Exhibit #436 checks she wrote to Travis

Jan 11, 2008 $100.00
Jan 15, 2008 $699.00
Jan 30, 2008 $220.00

As I said, more discussion on that thread.

Thank you so much. That's what I was looking for and more!

Don't hate me if this has been answered....and I am sure it has:

When did JA THINK TA's roommate were coming back--what time? that same day, the 4th or another day?

Just wanted to know how much time she thought she had to clean-up.

I have heard the time being 6PM that same evening? That can't be right, right?

TIA:seeya:
RUK

I think it was the HLN site that had a picture of Jodi Arias's license. The birth date on the license is 88. That's not 32 years old. 2013 - 1988 = 25. What did I miss?

I think it was the HLN site that had a picture of Jodi Arias's license. The birth date on the license is 88. That's not 32 years old. 2013 - 1988 = 25. What did I miss?

It's 1980.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/jodi-arias-trial-*advertiser censored*-sex_n_2577348.html

Got the license and blew it up which showed the zero. Thanks lil buddy it's been bugging me for quite some time.
David

Does anyone know if there is a good overview of the trial so far? Kinda the CliffsNotes version? I'm struggling to get through all the video and I'm not sure where the important / interesting bits are.

It would be good to have an overview of what the prosecution presented, defense presented and what the highlights and low lights of each have been so far.

Hope someone can help?

Thx

Melbourne Girl- a good place to start is the sticky "media/timeline thread". I'm warning you though, you'll be hooked once you start...

Nobody has said what it was used for?Anybody know?

One theory of mine is that JA used it on a downstairs door and "taped" a door
to prevent it from latching/locking so that she could gain re entry to the home.

I have a dog (and a couple cats). Of course most people will have a method of dealing with their pets during a sexual encounter - as well as roommates, telephones, etc.

TA and JA were not having a normal intimate relationship though. Both of them were pretending to be chaste (not sexually involved outside of marriage). Their sexual relationship - no matter how obvious it is to us and the court - was a complete secret. Something hidden. Not something they would be open about - and likely not something they would even want others to suspect.

In light of that - it would seem unlikely that either of them made any arrangements in their homes for sexual encounters.

(imho)

It's really as simple as putting the gate up or closing the door so Naps can't get in. I don't see how the secret relationship has anything to do with not wanting the dog in the room during sex or not wanting the dog to jump on any guests, whether he's having sex or not. And Travis could possibly have had sex with women before Jodi. Jodi has testified that he'd call her to come over late at night and that's when they'd have sex or foreplay or whatever. So they seemed to be having it at his house as well as on her front porch.

My point is Naps could have been gated for many reasons besides to keep him out of the crime scene. Locking the door would suffice for keeping Naps out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP
Back