Questions and Hopefully Answers in the Cooper Harris Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory that might explain a lot of inconsistencies, but don't know where to put it. Which would be the best heading to put it under? TIA

Maybe start your own thread - Inconsistencies Explained - or the "What If's Thread.

Where discussion can be had with a different view point than the majority - some may want to discuss different scenarios without the banter of all the known angles.

I would not want to say the "Innocent" thread, that may be taking it too far. I hope you know what I mean?

my opinion, etc., :moo:

ETA:

It must take me too long to post - you guys already talked about my suggestion.

I think it would be great to have a thread where people put their other theories.

I cannot imagine what they could be, but it would be good to have them all in one place.

That way people would know where to go to express their theories that would be an easy spot

"Confusion" just started an alternative theories thread, human.

Stop by and visit!!

Was RH saying that Cooper was chocking at the scene ever mentioned in the hearing? Maybe I missed it. If not, I find it so odd they did not mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, but I don't think RH said this at the scene. I think it was said by one of the "witnesses" who said at first they thought the baby was choking.

Not sure, but I don't think RH said this at the scene. I think it was said by one of the "witnesses" who said at first they thought the baby was choking.

Here's one witness who said that RH said Cooper was choking...

'I know he had lost his baby but he was acting up more than he should have been. It seemed like acting to me. When he pulled in and people started asking him what had happened, he said that the baby had just started choking."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ink-twice.html

Grain of salt bc witnesses have been misquoted, but i think there are also video of witnesses saying this.

I'm watching the probable cause hearing. I heard testimony that he spoke with his wife on the phone at 4:04 p.m.. Was that before he "found" Cooper? Was it after he texted her about when she was picking up "his buddy" from daycare?

PHONE CALLS/ TEXTS, IMs, etc.

1. Per hearing—phone calls/texts during day with LH: NO texts; 1 phone call convo with wife, abt a minute around 4 PM.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Do you have the defendant's phone records and logs?

STODDARD: We did.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: From looking at the log -- let me ask you this. Do you have the phone records from his provider?

STODDARD: We do not.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And how long do you think it will be before you get those?

STODDARD: AT&T could be six weeks or more.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: But you've been able to look at his phone?

STODDARD: Correct.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Looking at his phone, were you -- did you see any phone calls?

STODDARD: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Who were the phone calls between, and what time? Approximately.

STODDARD: He made -- are we talking about the phone calls made that afternoon or -- there's no phone calls made during the day.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: OK. Approaching 4:00, were there phone calls between the defendant and his wife?

STODDARD: Yes. UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: OK. Tell the judge a little bit about that.

STODDARD: Around 4:00, he receives a phone call from his wife, Leanna. They play phone tag, he receives one, misses it, he calls her back and he calls her a third time and actually gets through to her. And they have about a minute -- little over a minute phone call, phone conversation.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And was that phone call the day they had the conversation with, was that at 4:00 p.m.?

STODDARD: Yes, it is.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Did the defendant mention getting texts from his wife that afternoon as well?

STODDARD: No.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Did his phone reflect anything about texts from his wife?

STODDARD: No.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

2. From the hearing; DEF questions Stoddard and asks him if he’d heard that RH sent his wife a message (about 3:45?) re ‘picking up my little buddy’? Stoddard says no he hadn’t, reiterates that no text messages on phone that day between them; possibly an IM or Google chat, but not seen on phone.

3. Akers Mill (per hearing) – had 1 uncompleted phone call with LH after 4:24 PM (time of arrival):

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Have you reviewed preliminarily his phone logs.

STODDARD: I have.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What did those reflect?

STODDARD: They reflected the phone calls.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What was the first?

STODDARD: The first phone call was to Leanna. It looked like it was a missed phone call. The second phone call was to the Home Depot corporate center, their main number. And there was a third phone number to the Home Depot corporate center and it appeared that this phone number went through and on his records it said six minutes worth of conversation.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Were you able to track back to where that would have gone to, this call to the Home Depot center?

STODDARD: We did.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And where would that be?

STODDARD: Toddler room five at little apron's academy where Cooper attended school.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: So you have phone records suggesting he was on the phone for five or six minutes, the officers stating he was talking to somebody on the phone.

STODDARD: Correct.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Did you confront him with this when he said he was not talking to anybody?

STODDARD: I did.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What did he say?

STODDARD: He said he wasn't talking to anybody on the phone.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

Does anyone know if the police/investigator asked JRH what he was thinking about when he said he forgot to take Cooper to day care? Meaning what was on JRH mind to cause him to forget and if JRH gave his reason?

In the testimony that Stoddard gave, RH claimed that he forgot Cooper because Cooper "fell asleep".

"His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

So LE could not find the text, but the defense is stating this happened. To me this seems very odd because it did not seem like the defense was aware of RH's other texting activity that day before the PCH. Now I question if this message was ever sent. If he did send the message in another App, why would LH not respond? I personally also think it is very telling that they were playing "phone tag" but did not exchange text. In any normal situation, if you were not able to reach your SO especially regarding your child, or not coming home after work I would think that a text would follow if you could not reach them.

"His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

So LE could not find the text, but the defense is stating this happened. To me this seems very odd because it did not seem like the defense was aware of RH's other texting activity that day before the PCH. Now I question if this message was ever sent. If he did send the message in another App, why would LH not respond? I personally also think it is very telling that they were playing "phone tag" but did not exchange text. In any normal situation, if you were not able to reach your SO especially regarding your child, or not coming home after work I would think that a text would follow if you could not reach them.
bbm

Yep. The article has it wrong, btw. The atty didn't exactly say he DID send that message; he only asked Stoddard *if it would be relevant had he found such a message. It's a legal ploy; could be true, could be not true that there ever was such a message sent.

*ETA: With that question Kilgore did show Stoddard something on paper (presumably said message printed out, so the implication is pretty strong)--to which Stoddard replied the last text message was in May, but it could be Google chat, IM, etc., and he hadn't had time to check all those yet. See transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.07.html

I'm curious as to when LE took/brought RH back to the Treehouse prior to transporting him to the office. RH would have had to show them the 'parking spot,' right?

I'm curious as to when LE took/brought RH back to the Treehouse prior to transporting him to the office. RH would have had to show them the 'parking spot,' right?

I feel pretty certain LE asked J where he parked. But remember the location where he parked was caught on video.

Is it known whether Ross or Leanna have any prior criminal convictions?

He went frim the crime scene to jail. They never took him to The Treehouse, at least I never have heard that.

Dear Prudence:
I don't believe they do.
Not to say crimes haven't been committed, but they haven't been caught.
With her being a Licensed Dietitian some things would show up on her license as well as any complaints. She has none.

Dear Prudence:
I don't believe they do.
Not to say crimes haven't been committed, but they haven't been caught.
With her being a Licensed Dietitian some things would show up on her license as well as any complaints. She has none.

Thanks! I haven't seen any priors, but wanted to be sure.

It boggles my mind how this seemingly all-American, middle-class couple with family, friends and church ties, with no criminal or psychiatric past, could do such a horrible thing.

Thanks! I haven't seen any priors, but wanted to be sure.

It boggles my mind how this seemingly all-American, middle-class couple with family, friends and church ties, with no criminal or psychiatric past, could do such a horrible thing.

It doesn't boggle my mind at all. Appearances are just that.... appearances.

Regardless of Socio-Economic Status, Nationality, Religious Affiliation, or background or anything else for that matter. Those things are all surface and surface can be and often does hide very dark things about people. How often have we seen that throughout history or in the news in our lifetimes?

Too many too count.

:cow:

It doesn't boggle my mind at all. Appearances are just that.... appearances.

Regardless of Socio-Economic Status, Nationality, Religious Affiliation, or background or anything else for that matter. Those things are all surface and surface can be and often does hide very dark things about people. How often have we seen that throughout history or in the news in our lifetimes?

Too many too count.

:cow:

Yes, you're right it happens everywhere in any group, but it isn't often and common in my opinion. Most of us can go to college, go to work, buy a house, go to church, and never have any of the people we meet along the way conspire to murder their child.

This isn't really a question about the case but I didn't know where else to put it. RH was due back in court 'within 36 hours' according to a media link a couple of days ago. Has he been back in court yet?

This isn't really a question about the case but I didn't know where else to put it. RH was due back in court 'within 36 hours' according to a media link a couple of days ago. Has he been back in court yet?
It was reported incorrectly. His bond was addressed July 3 at the probable cause hearing. They stopped saying it about 4 hours after I mentioned it.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I have a question but like fruity above I don't know if this is the place to ask. But I couldn't go to sleep last night because I couldn't get this case off my mind. Detective Stoddard testified in the PCH that RH searched "how to survive in prison". That seems so strange to me. Apparently, he didn't have a lot of confidence that his plan would work but he went ahead with it anyway? With his baby face look and the fact he basically cooked his 22 month old son in a hot car, and considering how child molesters/killers are treated in prison I would think his chances of surviving prison would be slim to none. :boohoo:Could LE tell if it was RH who did the search or could it have been LH?

Sorry again if this is the wrong thread for this but if it is maybe someone can tell me a better place. And as always, these are MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob