*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a missing 3 year old too. His parents went to his room to check on him at 2 am, and he wasn't there. Earlier he had a fever. They think he may have been sleep walking. :( Too many of our little people missing!

There is a missing 3 year old too. His parents went to his room to check on him at 2 am, and he wasn't there. Earlier he had a fever. They think he may have been sleep walking. :( Too many of our little people missing!
Happy to pass along that this little boy has been located. He is 10yo. Reported that he has been sick with a high fever and does have a history of sleepwalking. Vernonia is in Columbia county, about 40 miles from Skyline Elementary by road, much closer "as the crow flies" There were alot of people on edge around here this morning.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97303994.html

Does anyone known what Kyron's middle name is?

TIA

I can't get a sense of how much, if any, official searching for Kyron by LE/those approved by LE is going on. Do they announce or acknowledge what they are doing, or does it just get reported if local media catch on? Is it every day??? TIA

locals,
does there seem to be a "lull" in the case locally like the lull we have nationally? tia

gwenabob ~ Great pics of the school! It definitely assisted in getting a visual feel of the area. Couple of questions...Was it strange walking around an area where a little boy seemingly disappeared in to thin air? Was there anyone around when you took the pics? Did you get any pics looking in the front door to the school and inside the front stairwell, like you were able to with the other 2 main stairwells? I am also curious about the side back door (the one across from the 217 classroom door). Did the door to the classroom have a window on it and if so, was it covered? I noted that the door to Kyron's classroom had a window, but it appeared to be covered up with paper. Thanks for all of your awesome work!

Does anyone familiar with the school building know if there is some kind of crawl space under part of the building, or perhaps a stage area with a trap door?

I did attempt to search this thread for an answer, but didn't come up with anything. My apologies if this has already been asked and answered. Thank you!

I can't get a sense of how much, if any, official searching for Kyron by LE/those approved by LE is going on. Do they announce or acknowledge what they are doing, or does it just get reported if local media catch on? Is it every day??? TIA

There certainly wouldn't be any kind of official announcement from LE stating where they are searching for obvious reasons. Maybe someone with a scanner catches things or has an insider to tip them off but nothing official for sure. I can tell you that I just drove by the school on my way to another errand. I couldn't convince my kids to get out of the car as they seem not to want to talk about Kyron too much. I didn't stop but there were two cars in front of the church across the street. Two men in dress shirts and ties were measuring something near the school. They walked across the street from the school to the church and I had to stop to let them get across. They had one of those measuring wheels with a long handle. The school looked empty but I couldn't see the parking lot. There could have been people around the corner. No one by the wall of hope (which was beautiful by the way) I did also see a woman coming out of the church and briefly chatting with the two men. Otherwise, there wasn't much activity in the area at all. :(

Editing my own post to say the two men did not look like LE to me. Too dressed up.

There certainly wouldn't be any kind of official announcement from LE stating where they are searching for obvious reasons. Maybe someone with a scanner catches things or has an insider to tip them off but nothing official for sure. I can tell you that I just drove by the school on my way to another errand. I couldn't convince my kids to get out of the car as they seem not to want to talk about Kyron too much. I didn't stop but there were two cars in front of the church across the street. Two men in dress shirts and ties were measuring something near the school. They walked across the street from the school to the church and I had to stop to let them get across. They had one of those measuring wheels with a long handle. The school looked empty but I couldn't see the parking lot. There could have been people around the corner. No one by the wall of hope (which was beautiful by the way) I did also see a woman coming out of the church and briefly chatting with the two men. Otherwise, there wasn't much activity in the area at all. :(

Editing my own post to say the two men did not look like LE to me. Too dressed up.

Thank you so much for this first hand report. It is frustrating to be sure to everyone but I cannot even imagine what the family and LE are going through....I am sure they all would just like to bang their heads in frustration by now. My prayers are with them all and hope and pray little Kyron can be found soon.

gwenabob ~ Great pics of the school! It definitely assisted in getting a visual feel of the area. Couple of questions...Was it strange walking around an area where a little boy seemingly disappeared in to thin air? Was there anyone around when you took the pics? Did you get any pics looking in the front door to the school and inside the front stairwell, like you were able to with the other 2 main stairwells? I am also curious about the side back door (the one across from the 217 classroom door). Did the door to the classroom have a window on it and if so, was it covered? I noted that the door to Kyron's classroom had a window, but it appeared to be covered up with paper. Thanks for all of your awesome work!

I'm not Gwen but just wanted to say I just drove past there and my whole stomach was in knots. Especially looking at the pond across the street that was searched. It was hard to drive because I kept wanting to look over the sides of the road and into ditches and back roads. I had my kids with me so I couldn't stop but the urge to go on my own search was overwhelming.

locals,
does there seem to be a "lull" in the case locally like the lull we have nationally? tia

Definitely slowing down, but having spent the past week in Alaska,local area still not as quiet as the rest of the country.
Oddly, it seems as if the focus has changed a bit as well, people are more "snarky" and it almost feels like LE will become the next target for the public in attempts to deal with the feelings of impotence in this case brought on by not finding Kyron or at least not being given ANY info. :waitasec:

There certainly wouldn't be any kind of official announcement from LE stating where they are searching for obvious I didn't stop but there were two cars in front of the church across the street. Two men in dress shirts and ties were measuring something near the school. They walked across the street from the school to the church and I had to stop to let them get across. They had one of those measuring wheels with a long handle. The school looked empty but I couldn't see the parking lot. There could have been people around the corner. No one by the wall of hope (which was beautiful by the way) I did also see a woman coming out of the church and briefly chatting with the two men. Otherwise, there wasn't much activity in the area at all. :(

snipped by me
Could the (2) men been crime sceen investigators or detectives?
Most dectectives here were dress shirts, dress pants and ties.

snipped by me
Could the (2) men been crime sceen investigators or detectives?
Most dectectives here were dress shirts, dress pants and ties.
They could have been crime scene investigators.A few years ago where I lived at the time,across the street some guys were accused of killing someone.A crime scene truck came and checked thier house.A few plain clothes guys in nice cars (But not too nice) in nice clothes and ties came with them.I figured they were pretty high up.

I noticed on the Skyline website

Community partnerships
We are working with several local colleges to provide practicum and student teachers with opportunities to make a difference with our students

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

Any locals know anything about the local colleges...I'm wondering if Kyron had any special buddies ...maybe with an electric exhibit to show him?

I noticed on the Skyline website

Community partnerships
We are working with several local colleges to provide practicum and student teachers with opportunities to make a difference with our students

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

Any locals know anything about the local colleges...I'm wondering if Kyron had any special buddies ...maybe with an electric exhibit to show him?

Yes, Portland Community College, Rock Creek is very close to the school.
http://www.pcc.edu/about/locations/rock-creek/

Does anyone familiar with the school building know if there is some kind of crawl space under part of the building, or perhaps a stage area with a trap door?

I did attempt to search this thread for an answer, but didn't come up with anything. My apologies if this has already been asked and answered. Thank you!

Yes please. I remember long before Kyron had a Forum that someone who used to go to that school mentioned an old basement? Wondering if it runs under the stage or gym area? Or for that matter how do people go down to it? Are there trap doors? Or hidden entrances under floor tiles? TIA

Yes please. I remember long before Kyron had a Forum that someone who used to go to that school mentioned an old basement? Wondering if it runs under the stage or gym area? Or for that matter how do people go down to it? Are there trap doors? Or hidden entrances under floor tiles? TIA

I cannot speak for this school, but IME the schools that have stages, have access under those stages.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NopeNopeNope
Back