*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was the plea to find the guy in the picture from LE, though? I thought he thought that one up on his own.

I think a lot of locals have been handing them out. I live close-in to the city and have seen them in every grocery store I shop in as well as on light posts and things around the city there are also billboards in a couple of places in high traffic areas. The way that little Kyron's story has taken hold of our community, I would be shocked if anyone said no to posting them.

I see them around. It seems like most business have them. I wonder if the problem with big box stores is that they have certain posting rules. Like I know at Fred Meyer's there's a community bulletin board that things go on, but it's kind of out of the way and you don't see it unless you go looking for it.

Sounds like he is just getting in the way, second guessing LE, and trying to gain media attention for himself in the midst of this sad case.
ITA If it wasn't for his own very sad case I would not likely be so critical of him. He is just darn lucky to still be in office !!! :angel:

How's that? Didn't he just re-tweet the LE message that had been put out that day? The plea for the case to not fall out of public view, and a repeated call for tips.

Believe me, I'm as irritated with Adams as just about anyone, but the tweeting & social messaging is a big part of his office. He has two staffers dedicated to keeping the messages flowing. :banghead:

I got the impression that the mayor started asking who the man was after LE already knew. I could be wrong though.

What time does Lincoln High School start? Are there staggered starts? Do parents have to provide transportation or is there busing no matter where one lives?

How long does it take to drive from Skyline to Lincoln high school?

I would love to hear from the locals as to what is going on in the Skyline area today. Does anyone know if LE is still conducting searches?

I know that LE said they did not want the public to search; but, what would they do if a group decided to go out and search anyway? Would it really hurt to research areas LE is no longer in, just in case?

Also, do the locals seem to share the feeling that a family member is involved? Please don't post names or rumors. I am just wondering how the locals feel and what they are thinking since you guys are so close to what is happening.

The area where I live would be flooded w/ gossip and speculation. We have a local site to discuss community events. Gosh, it can get very ugly! Does Skyline / Portland have a similar site?

What time does Lincoln High School start? Are there staggered starts? Do parents have to provide transportation or is there busing no matter where one lives?

How long does it take to drive from Skyline to Lincoln high school?

You can find Lincoln's schedule on their website; it will be a PPS/Portland Public Schools site.
When I attended, there was bus service.
I'd allow 20-30 minutes for that drive, for the traffic and slow roads, but that's a guesstimate.

You can find Lincoln's schedule on their website; it will be a PPS/Portland Public Schools site.
I'd allow 20-30 minutes for that drive, for the traffic and slow roads, but that's a guesstimate.
Yea, I'd say 30 min from the school to Lincoln.

I live in West Slope and going up Canyon to the Sylvan exit, going thru Goosehollow it takes me 12 min or so to get to Lincoln. I'd think it would be at least 15 or so min to get from the school to the freeway and down to where 217 joins 26. IMO

Yea, I'd say 30 min from the school to Lincoln.

I live in West Slope and going up Canyon to the Sylvan exit, going thru Goosehollow it takes me 12 min or so to get to Lincoln. I'd think it would be at least 15 or so min to get from the school to the freeway and down to where 217 joins 26. IMO

omg, we really were neighbors once. :D
My friends from the Skyline would come down on Germantown/thru NW 25th sort of way, IIRC. You know, past the Audubon Society?

I am just wondering about busing for kids who have one the lottery to go to the school even if they live outside of the boundaries of the school.

Is busing provided for them?

I would love to hear from the locals as to what is going on in the Skyline area today. Does anyone know if LE is still conducting searches?

I know that LE said they did not want the public to search; but, what would they do if a group decided to go out and search anyway? Would it really hurt to research areas LE is no longer in, just in case?

Also, do the locals seem to share the feeling that a family member is involved? Please don't post names or rumors. I am just wondering how the locals feel and what they are thinking since you guys are so close to what is happening.

The area where I live would be flooded w/ gossip and speculation. We have a local site to discuss community events. Gosh, it can get very ugly! Does Skyline / Portland have a similar site?

This has been my feelings about the search aspect of it..

On Friday night (4th) I was ready to hop up and go help search..
But with LE stating they only wanted qualified SAR's and seeing the huge response that evening and the next day, of SAR's coming from a lot of different Counties, the blackhawk, etc.. I personally feel the areas immediately surrounding the school were being and since have been, extremely well searched, several times over..

Driving up there a few days later two things struck me, there is a LOT of private property, and the terrain..
I've seen no trespassing signs in areas up in fields that have been there well before June 4th and some I'm not sure if they were put up recently or not..

So you have to have the property owners consent on private property, and even though I am an avid outdoors person, that area has some very rough terrain, lots of brush, deep ravines, drop offs on the side of the roads etc..
I can understand why LE has only wanted certified SAR's on searches.

I cannot speak for Sauvie Island as far as public property vs. private, but again, that place is so so big, I really could not see any private search teams going out there unless LE was willing to share areas of specific interest to search and I just don't feel they will do that, at least not at this point in time..

Again this is my opinion only but I'm hoping it kind of helps everyone to understand the locals and going out on our own searching, as believe me, IF there is a publicly organized authorized search you can bet I'll be the first in line.. =)

Another question for locals. I have read some reactions that parents aren't as demanding of answers since school has dismissed for the summer. Also, that the locals have great trust in LE. I am sure the locals probably know more than we do anyway and have been asked to keep quiet. Perhaps that is what is best for Kyron at this point.

I have a question about summer though. I know kids want to be out playing, swimming, and having adventures during the summer. Do most parents feel safe in letting their kids out to play in their own yards or at parks; or, are the parents keeping an extra careful eye on the kids to ease your own mind?

Thank you to all of the locals that are taking the time to help us better understand your community. I, for one, truly appreciate it!!!

Another question for locals. I have read some reactions that parents aren't as demanding of answers since school has dismissed for the summer. Also, that the locals have great trust in LE. I am sure the locals probably know more than we do anyway and have been asked to keep quiet. Perhaps that is what is best for Kyron at this point.

I have a question about summer though. I know kids want to be out playing, swimming, and having adventures during the summer. Do most parents feel safe in letting their kids out to play in their own yards or at parks; or, are the parents keeping an extra careful eye on the kids to ease your own mind?

I think I might have mentioned in another post that my security radar is up a notch this year compared to last year. I always worry about them outside but I am keeping a little tighter rein than usual. I still lean towards this was not a stranger situation but being extra cautious can't hurt.

I am just wondering about busing for kids who have one the lottery to go to the school even if they live outside of the boundaries of the school.

Is busing provided for them?

Well, it's been a few years :angel: but when I attended, my BF was from out of district. He had to make his own way to school.
I've been participating in the recent discussions on redesigning our highschool system and made note that the transfer students make their own way to school (TriMet public bus service) .. some traveling 40 minutes each way... so it seems that policy has not changed.
Again, there might be something on the PPS website to confirm that, if a person wanted to check.

Day Dreamer, you asked: Do most parents feel safe in letting their kids out to play in their own yards or at parks
I'm answering not as a parent but as a neighbor. The day after school got out, I noticed several groups and pairs of kids off through the neighborhood, on their way to the park etc and even commented on it to my husband.
The kids in my close-in neighborhood have still been out in their yards, parks, streets etc.

There are no doubt frogs on the island, as there are generally frogs near most bodies of water. However, Red Eye Tree Frogs are rainforest creatures that, unless kept as pets, are not able to survive for long on their own in the climate that is in this area.

I have been thinking about this theory that Kyron wandered off or someone took him to look for a real Red Eye Tree Frog for his Science Project. Well, if Kyron had just done a Science Fair project on them, would he not know that they live only in the rain forest and no where near Oregan?

Hi Scrunch ~ Love your NIK BTW even tho I shorten it. LOL

I am dying to see what posters think about why they would state who wouldn't be there {kind of odd} and then in the update remove that part of the article. Any ideas?

ETA: They deleted the whole paragraph about the bio parents meeting with the media on Fri. Must have come down from LE, eh?
Thanks Scandi! And scrunch is just fine.

Have wanted to post this allday - but work got in the way. Anyway, I think it may have been removed because the parents didn't hold a press conference and "meet with the media" Instead they made the morning show rounds - GMA, for sure and I believe others. Which IMO got them a much bigger bang - national coverage and I know the local ABC affiliate her in Portland, KATU has done follow-up on their morning and afternoon news breaks.

Anyone watching Fox12? I put it on but my Comcast is not working all that well on that channel and I saw a friend of the Horman's being interviewed, a woman, and from what I could catch they will show more of the interview later in the broadcast..
Just curious what is being said.. =) TIA

Okay, watching KOIN6 and they had interviews with DY's friend and TH's friend.. Cable still not working all that great sorry I can't report what was said..

Does anyone know if recyclables in the area where the family of the missing child lives are picked up by a garbage service or does one have to bring them to a recycling center themselves?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back