*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if recyclables in the area where the family of the missing child lives are picked up by a garbage service or does one have to bring them to a recycling center themselves?

I'd think that they are all picked up with the garbage center, but that's an option I suppose to the family. I was wondering that just today, when was garbage pick up? Any clues could have went out in that...

Does anyone know if recyclables in the area where the family of the missing child lives are picked up by a garbage service or does one have to bring them to a recycling center themselves?

In Portland, every household gets a large green and large blue rolling garbage container. The green one is for grass, leaves, yard recycling, and the blue is for newspaper, junk mail, plastic food containers, cans, etc.--everything but glass. They are picked up once a week by a garbage hauler. Ours are taken on the same day as our trash.

In Portland, every household gets a large green and large blue rolling garbage container. The green one is for grass, leaves, yard recycling, and the blue is for newspaper, junk mail, plastic food containers, cans, etc.--everything but glass. They are picked up once a week by a garbage hauler. Ours are taken on the same day as our trash.

I'm in Portland and for the most part this is how ours is, except our hauler picks certain things up once every 2 weeks (vs. every week).

Anyway, I'm now going to have to refrain from posting much. Sometimes having family in LE (hubby's fam) can have it's benefits. BUT I've realized it's colored my view about this case and I can't post here now until stuff is revealed to the public. :banghead: :(

I'm in Portland and for the most part this is how ours is, except our hauler picks certain things up once every 2 weeks (vs. every week).

Anyway, I'm now going to have to refrain from posting much. Sometimes having family in LE (hubby's fam) can have it's benefits. BUT I've realized it's colored my view about this case and I can't post here now until stuff is revealed to the public. :banghead: :(

Do you think they will reveal anything to the public or wait until they find Kyron, if they do?

BBM. I would also love to know if you think anything will be released anytime soon. No specifics or names please so that the case is not jeopardized. Just wandering if we will hear any official news anytime soon. TIA!!!

Hello everybody.

I have a question for the locals on this thread:

Also, Intel is the largest employer in Oregon. They sponsor various Science Fairs & competitions in the state (mostly hs aged kids, working in groups, vying for partial or full scholarships). Does anyone happen to know if Skyline received any funds from them to help out with this Science Fair?

Another question: When & where is the next body building competition in the tri-county area...maybe even tri-state area?

Trash removal - Is it shipped out in large container ships overseas or stored & housed in the local dump, or transferred out of county/state to a larger dump?

Last question for now...sorry for so many :D With regards to house boats on Sauvie Island, do they use septic tanks or is it public sewage?

I live outside of the city where I live, and just in the last year we have a garbage hauler here that picks up recycling as well as the regular garbage.

The city itself has had that service for a long time. I still go to my recycling center because I like my garbage guy.

I am wondering how ti would be out at the Horman house as it is outside of the city limits.

Do you think they will reveal anything to the public or wait until they find Kyron, if they do?

BBM. I would also love to know if you think anything will be released anytime soon. No specifics or names please so that the case is not jeopardized. Just wandering if we will hear any official news anytime soon. TIA!!!

I wish I could say but I don't know. That part especially has me frustrated (like all of us!). :(

I live outside of the city where I live, and just in the last year we have a garbage hauler here that picks up recycling as well as the regular garbage.

The city itself has had that service for a long time. I still go to my recycling center because I like my garbage guy.

I am wondering how ti would be out at the Horman house as it is outside of the city limits.

Last Friday (18th) we went for a drive to Sauvie, and came back home up via McNamee Rd. I had heard the questions about the garbage service also, so made note to "notice" that aspect on the drive.

At least on McNamee Rd and near Skyline Rd, I can say for sure, at around 4pm that Friday,we saw many houses that still had their trash bins "out" at the end of their driveways. Almost every place we saw had 2 tall green ones, with the Waste Management on at least one of the bins. I cannot say for sure it was on both.

To me it looked like one bin was for garbage and the other for yard debris but I could be wrong, that is just my thought.

This probably does not help answer the garbage collection question, but I would assume that Friday was garbage pick up day in that area from the amount of bins we saw that were still out by the road..

Here's another detail that only Portlanders would likely have picked up on. It may or may not be relevant (probably not).

The Oregon Science Museum (OMSI) in Portland is a beloved institution and you can almost guarantee that Kyron visited it at some point. The OMSI had a special exhibit on CSI sometime during the last year. I believe that is where the CSI shirt Kyron is wearing in his picture likely came from..I remember seeing the shirts for sale at OMSI. I have also seen others around town wearing them.

On a side note..if this is allowed...I remember visiting TH's FB page before she made it private and she was a fan of the show. I wonder if they visited this exhibit together:(

Love OMSI!! Thanks for the clue on where the shirt might have originated; I bet the CSI exhibit was cool. And yes I did see that she said CSI was her favorite TV show. In another FB page at a different time she said "none, nada, zip, zero" to how many TVs are in the home.

Thanks for bringing up our beloved science museum. It sits right on the banks for the Willamette River, which divides the east and west sides of Portland.

snipped by me, would also like to know the answer to this as i have just had the weirdest feeling about swingers and dominatrix surrounding this case since the first time i saw kyron's face before we knew anything at all about anyone/anything else in this case.

Bleh...I dunno about this post. Alternative lifestyles are in no way related to sexual deviancy, no matter what people think...they are adults who engage in exploring fetishes together..it's the same as you preferring blondes or redheads...some people just like to be tied up and do kinky stuff...it doesn't mean they are bloodlusting murderers underneath..that's like saying your homosexual neighbour would go after your boy because some people think homosexuals are automatically paedophiles etc.

For instance a tip about a special red mustang being driven somewhere on the 4th. Someone wrote that about 2 weeks ago and I sure hope they called LE.

Sometimes it takes something to jog a memory especially if one has wracked their brain thinking. One word or seeing something and BANG, the memory kicks in. I have found stuff I've lost like that. :crazy:

Except the "special red mustang" was not what she drove on the 4th. :(
If she was up to no good, it was quite the clever move on her part.

Is Skyline a small tight knit community?

One thing that might be of interest to non-locals about Portland is that the Skyline area is not a town in itself. I have seen posts from non-locals that refer to it as a small town and erroneously believe it could be a 'tight community where everyone knows each another'. Even on one of the Levi radio shows they talked about the school as being in a small town where people would likely know one another. This isn't the case.

As we locals know, the area of the school and where the Horman's live is not a town and it does not have a bunch of local stores, gas stations, etc where community folks get to know each other in that small town kind of way.

Rather, if you want to do any serious shopping, you have to travel. If you are not bussed in and actually live in the SKyline school vicinity (as Kyron once did and his sister, SM, and Dad still do), you have a lot of choices as to what direction to take in order to shop. When I say shopping, I mean places like Fred Meyer, Safeway, Target, hardware stores, bookstores, and the like.

• If you prefer a small town area, you can drive north on Cornelius Pass then HWY 30 to shop in Scappoose. But this is not the closest option.
  • If you want a more hip area but also a nice country drive west on Cornelius Pass to get there, you can shop in Rock Creek.
  • If you prefer Hillsboro, you can travel south on Cornelius Pass and then dog leg over to 185th/Tanasbourne; likewise, there is a slightly different route to Beaverton (the area the Hormans previously resided)
  • You can also choose to just take Skyline/Burnside or HWY 30/Yeon straight into downtown Portland for Whole Foods and Powell's.
  • Sauvie Island is just as close as the above options, but it certainly doesn't have shopping choices beyond a convenience store, plant nursery, and fresh fruit markets.

To shop or dine out, you do have to drive in some direction for some distance, and once you decide where, you are most definitely leaving the Skyline area and choosing a different 'community'. Skyline itself is not a small town tight community where everyone shops together and knows one another.

To me, this rules out theories that some have postulated that Kyron could have been seen over and over by a regular (pedophile who works at a local grocery store for example) and then later abducted by such person.

While this is obvious to the locals, it is not necessarily obvious to everyone.

I would love to hear from the locals as to what is going on in the Skyline area today. Does anyone know if LE is still conducting searches?

I know that LE said they did not want the public to search; but, what would they do if a group decided to go out and search anyway? Would it really hurt to research areas LE is no longer in, just in case?

Also, do the locals seem to share the feeling that a family member is involved? Please don't post names or rumors. I am just wondering how the locals feel and what they are thinking since you guys are so close to what is happening.

The area where I live would be flooded w/ gossip and speculation. We have a local site to discuss community events. Gosh, it can get very ugly! Does Skyline / Portland have a similar site?

This is as far as I've gotten in the thread, but to answer your question YES I think most the locals feel that it was an inside job. I work at a children's resale shop here in Portland and any time I try to talk about Kyron people clam up. That is NOT typical for Portland as we are not an apathetic community. In fact, we were dubbed 'Little Beruit' by Bush Sr after some fairly rowdy protests when he visited us in the early 90's. We are being calm/quiet because we have no reason to disbelieve LE when they say that this was an isolated case...and none of us want to talk about our theories just in case we are wrong.

I am just wondering about busing for kids who have one the lottery to go to the school even if they live outside of the boundaries of the school.

Is busing provided for them?

I don't know FOR SURE, but I seriously doubt that they bus kids in that live out of district. The Portland Public School disctrict is extremely, ummm, how do I say this...CHEAP when it comes to investing in students. They seem to be extremely generous with administrative pay, though.

I am a graduate of Portland Public Schools and I remember my teachers not having enough paper etc and having to buy it themselves. My son attends a Portland Public School (one of the lottery schools, so it is really good) and we, the parents, have to supply all of the glue, paper towels, hand sanitizer, kleenex etc that the classroom will need throughout the year. Ridiculous!

There should have been cameras at Skyline...just one more example of stingy spending by the PPS district when it comes to the actual schools!!

Except the "special red mustang" was not what she drove on the 4th. :(
If she was up to no good, it was quite the clever move on her part.
Has this been verified by LE? I have seen a lot of speculation that SM drove the truck the morning of June 4, but I have not seen LE state it as such. I could be wrong, but it seems to be one of those 'facts' that everyone agrees on that aren't necessarily verified.

The white truck that Kaine drives - does it have a back seat or does an 18mo baby like Kyron's sister have to sit in a baby seat in front? Or does the law say no babies in the truck unless a certain weight? TIA

The white truck that Kaine drives - does it have a back seat or does an 18mo baby like Kyron's sister have to sit in a baby seat in front? Or does the law say no babies in the truck unless a certain weight? TIA

The truck is the kind with a back seat, and four doors.

locals, do you still see a lot of activity surrounding Kyron's case? Has anyone heard of any progress in his case...? tia

I haven't heard anything. They are passing out bracelets though. I was going to see if they are searching SI again today, but haven't had a lot of time this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back