*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1 - Yes, I do feel she is and most everyone I talk to feel the same. I don't believe kids are any less safe than they were prior to Kyron disappearing. I think it's a pretty scary world compared to when I was a child though. :(

2 - I have kids in the school district but they do not attend Skyline. Being that mine are so young though, I'm not sure I can really answer this question. I've been overprotective of my kids since before Kyron disappeared. Though I admit that once he went missing, even though I felt it was an isolated incident, I wouldn't let my kids be dropped off in front of the school anymore. I decided to instead park and walk with them into the school before I'd leave and I changed that all because of Kyron.

3 - No one I know believes he is alive. Do we hope he is? Yes. Do we believe in our hearts that he is? No.

4 - No relief, no real anything. I'm in Portland and if anything, I feel bad for the residents of Roseburg (mainly due to the media frenzy).

I have to echo everything that you said above BBM, (except my kids are in the neighboring school district)

I question myself personally though, as far as TH's level of involvement, if at all..

I think personally she is "odd", but I cannot get to the point of convicting her in my mind, as you would in court.. if that makes sense..

When a friend and I were up at the school, they brought up a great question..
"We all know Kyron is not at the school, so "WHERE" did the crime occur?"
(This is going on the basis that he is no longer alive) =(

many thanks locals for your input...question...are there any public/county landfills/rubbish pits say within a 25 mile radius of the school ???

many thanks locals for your input...question...are there any public/county landfills/rubbish pits say within a 25 mile radius of the school ???

St Johns is I think the closest, but there are several public access "dumps".

http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=25126

FYI- A local KATU reporter asked that questions for LE be submitted to her via Twitter this AM. She rec'd many, >100, and they will be asking them today via email to MCSO, with email answers expected later this week from MCSO.
Per her Twitter, no presser expected until next week from LE.
Per anitakissee@katu

FYI- A local KATU reporter asked that questions for LE be submitted to her via Twitter this AM. She rec'd many, >100, and they will be asking them today via email to MCSO, with email answers expected later this week from MCSO.
Per anitakissee@katu

This is kinda what I was looking for. If I had personal trash I could take it to say St.Johns and dump it for free, or you say there are public access "dumps"...do you mean just free standing containers set up around town, and a garbage truck comes and dumps it ?

Waste Management is a nationwide company. There is a lot of money in garbage. A lot. Garbage is often taken to a transfer station and not placed in a landfill. It is often taken to a state that is wiling to take it.

I think that posters are asking if there are dumpsters for public use.

We have them where I live, but they are locked as there is a huge fee for taking garbage. Some communities have every homeowner and renter pay as part of some kind of tax. There is no option.

Where I live, you hire your own garbage picker upper and pay for it yourself. It's required, but with the amount of stuff that is thrown, I think some people skip that option.

How is it in the Portland area?

This is kinda what I was looking for. If I had personal trash I could take it to say St.Johns and dump it for free, or you say there are public access "dumps"...do you mean just free standing containers set up around town, and a garbage truck comes and dumps it ?

no, the St. Johns LF is currently not accessible to the public, and there is nowhere local that you could dump anything for free.....

look at this website for answers specifically r/t dumping in the Pdx Metro area.

http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=24197/level=1

Thx's..here where I live we have a WM Landfill as well. But it is not for private dumping. Everything that goes into this landfill has to be profiled and approved.

I'm only familiar with the west side, but here is a place that accepts garbage within the 25 mile radius that seems like what you are looking for.

I have no idea of "dumps" other than the ones listed up in the thread..
But when you go up in the woods or less traveled country roads, you find that a lot of people use makeshift areas to dump their garbage down the sides of the roads...

FOREST GROVE TRANSFER STATION
1525 B Street, Forest Grove, OR

http://www.metro-region.org/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=1383&do=detail&rid=89&origin=list

Per anitakissee@katu

It sounds to me that St. John's has been closed.

I know about garbage, not because I am in the field, but because I was very involved in some issues about them a few years ago.

Many landfills were closed because they were leaking incredible amounts of toxic things.

There have been huge fights about who is going to take garbage. It was determined to be a commerce issue, so no state can stop garbage from leaving their state. There is huge money in this issue. Huge.

So garbage is taken to transfer stations and former landfill sites only take certain things that they recycle, not household waste.

At our former landfill, there are people there and they look at your loads. They tell you where what goes in your load.

The days of dumps in a community that aren't regulated are gone, or they certainly should be.

Just bringing anything to the dump in Portland, I am sure, is impossible..

I'm only familiar with the west side, but here is a place that accepts garbage within the 25 mile radius that seems like what you are looking for.

I have no idea of "dumps" other than the ones listed up in the thread..
But when you go up in the woods or less traveled country roads, you find that a lot of people use makeshift areas to dump their garbage down the sides of the roads...

FOREST GROVE TRANSFER STATION
1525 B Street, Forest Grove, OR

http://www.metro-region.org/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=1383&do=detail&rid=89&origin=list

I don't mean to be such a pain....here where I live our county has what we call a rubbish pit, but it's basically a large landfill if you will. We can go twice a month for free to say take our trash, grass clipping, limbs, anything you want to dispose use, washers, dryers anything. That's what I was hoping you may have up there as well.

I don't mean to be such a pain....here where I live our county has what we call a rubbish pit, but it's basically a large landfill if you will. We can go twice a month for free to say take our trash, grass clipping, limbs, anything you want to dispose use, washers, dryers anything. That's what I was hoping you may have up there as well.

You are not a pain =)
On the Aloha Garbage site they reference ORS 164.805, and say "Disposing of materials on public or private land is a violation of state law ORS 164.805"

and then this:
Can I dump or bury Garbage on My Own Land?
No!
Excessive, improperly stored, or putrescible type materials on your land are forms of illegal dumping. They can pose a significant health and safety risk.
If you compost or have a burn pile, please properly manage it. Insure that it:
•Poses no health risks
•Does not provide food or shelter for vector (rats, flies and mosquitoes, etc.)
•Does not create a nuisance for neighbors.

http://alohagarbageco.com/Illegal_Dumping.html

But as I said, there is plenty of illegal dumping on the side roads in areas that are more remote..

We drove up McNamee Rd about a month ago and noticed large piles of garbage/discarded items, along side the road every so often. We were not sure if it was thrown down the hill by searchers, or if people just randomly dumped it there.. =(

Not living in Oregon, but knowing about Portland's green image, I sincerely doubt that garbage isn't an issue that is extremely regulated.

Our landfill was closed years ago because it leached into a neighboring property and caused the children at that home to die.

There was a huge lawsuit that was won and the landfill was closed.

Communities are very aware of the issues of garbage dumps and the issues that they can cause. Hence, there is a regulation of them, as there should be.

You are not a pain =)
On the Aloha Garbage site they reference ORS 164.805, and say "Disposing of materials on public or private land is a violation of state law ORS 164.805"

and then this:
Can I dump or bury Garbage on My Own Land?
No!
Excessive, improperly stored, or putrescible type materials on your land are forms of illegal dumping. They can pose a significant health and safety risk.
If you compost or have a burn pile, please properly manage it. Insure that it:
•Poses no health risks
•Does not provide food or shelter for vector (rats, flies and mosquitoes, etc.)
•Does not create a nuisance for neighbors.

http://alohagarbageco.com/Illegal_Dumping.html

But as I said, there is plenty of illegal dumping on the side roads in areas that are more remote..

We drove up McNamee Rd about a month ago and noticed large piles of garbage/discarded items, along side the road every so often. We were not sure if it was thrown down the hill by searchers, or if people just randomly dumped it there.. =(

I live out in the country where I live at the end of a beautiful drive that is a tourist advertised thing to do in the city.

It seems that it is people's hobby to drop off couches, rugs, beer cans , fast food bags, etc along this drive.

I think this is true of any country area. And back in the day, and maybe still, the Mafia used to drop off hazardous waste in the country on the East Coast. ( maybe people wearing more holes in their bodies than they were born with as well)

I read of a case just recently in Milwaukee where a disposal company was depositing hazardous waste illegally, so dumping is still a huge problem.

Not living in Oregon, but knowing about Portland's green image, I sincerely doubt that garbage isn't an issue that is extremely regulated.

Our landfill was closed years ago because it leached into a neighboring property and caused the children at that home to die.

There was a huge lawsuit that was won and the landfill was closed.

Communities are very aware of the issues of garbage dumps and the issues that they can cause. Hence, there is a regulation of them, as there should be.

I do not disagree...dog gonna it...them folks need to come to where I live..because our county could care less what you dump...it's very free here in my county...which by the way is the biggest county of the state...it's nice for me to know that if this is not the case in Portland or the surrounding areas...then my thoughts can go elsewhere...ok..just a household container that you take to the street for garbage...what poundage does it hold or can hold? As far as household garbage here for my containers, we are held to weight...if over, we have to have another container...

It sounds to me that St. John's has been closed.

I know about garbage, not because I am in the field, but because I was very involved in some issues about them a few years ago.

Many landfills were closed because they were leaking incredible amounts of toxic things.

There have been huge fights about who is going to take garbage. It was determined to be a commerce issue, so no state can stop garbage from leaving their state. There is huge money in this issue. Huge.

So garbage is taken to transfer stations and former landfill sites only take certain things that they recycle, not household waste.

At our former landfill, there are people there and they look at your loads. They tell you where what goes in your load.

ETA: not local to this. Just adding a thought that perhaps Portland varies?

The days of dumps in a community that aren't regulated are gone, or they certainly should be.

Just bringing anything to the dump in Portland, I am sure, is impossible..

In our area, there are both; if you live in the county- dumps that you can bring 'anything' to on certain days for free (as long as they are nontoxic, car batteries, etc) as well as regulated dumps, where you can drive in and someone will ask what you have, then send you to the designated spot depending upon what it is. (All relying on honest info from the dumpee, of course.) If you live in the city, you must have a designated trash co...or else truck your trash to one of the dumps and pay a small fee.

Either way, it would be easy-peesy to cart something in, in a heavyweight bag and declare it household trash or otherwise, and dump it in. Then it would get processed and shipped to a landfill- likely elsewhere in the state.

Or you could just toss it out of the back of your truck on the side of a rural road, like so many do. :(

ETA: Not local. Just thinking maybe Portland varies as well?

Does Oregon law require the recipient of a grand jury subpoena to keep the subpoena secret? In other words, will everyone know for certain when/if a grand jury is meeting about Kyron's disappearance?

TIA

In our area, there are both; if you live in the county- dumps that you can bring 'anything' to on certain days for free (as long as they are nontoxic, car batteries, etc) as well as regulated dumps, where you can drive in and someone will ask what you have, then send you to the designated spot depending upon what it is. (All relying on honest info from the dumpee, of course.) If you live in the city, you must have a designated trash co...or else truck your trash to one of the dumps and pay a small fee.

Either way, it would be easy-peesy to cart something in, in a heavyweight bag and declare it household trash or otherwise, and dump it in. Then it would get processed and shipped to a landfill- likely elsewhere in the state.

Or you could just toss it out of the back of your truck on the side of a rural road, like so many do. :(

ETA: Not local. Just thinking maybe Portland varies as well?

where I live and it's not anywhere near Oregon, we cannot bring household trash to the landfill.

I wish we could get an answer on this, but I really feel Portland is the same way.

Does Oregon law require the recipient of a grand jury subpoena to keep the subpoena secret? In other words, will everyone know for certain when/if a grand jury is meeting about Kyron's disappearance?

TIA

In the U.S., the states of Arizona, California, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Nevada, and Oregon have grand juries at the county level.<snipped>
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_jury[/ame]

Most courts have rules that prohibit disclosure of grand jury proceedings. The rules typically apply to the government attorneys, the grand jury members, and the court personnel. Violators of the rules can be held in contempt of court if a case against them is proven. However, proving that the leaked information came out of the grand jury proceeding and identifying exactly who made the prohibited disclosure is difficult in most cases.<snipped>

http://oregonduihotline.com/criminal_law_faq/are-grand-jury-proceedings-secret/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmphilippe
Back