*~* Questions for our locals *~*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome to michigan, rnmif...I've been here since 1983. Texan at heart. Although the state is depressed right now, it will recover. Also, up north is heaven. Goodluck and Welcome to a great state. Hope you settle in nicely.

OT. I've been here since the day I was born in 1950 :) My dream home is a little log cabin in the big woods somewhere up north. Love Mackinac Island but not sure that I could be an "islander".

IMO, there is no accurate way to answer this. I remember the day as cool, cloudy, rainy.. when I filled out my profile here I was acutely aware of the non-spring we were having. But the weather can vary a LOT around town, so if you are asking for what the weather was at the airport, you'll find that posted officially online. BUT, I live on the east side & not far from the airport and usually have different weather than there (my DH is a weather freak & checks his station multiple times per day). We are in a 'rain shadow' (I'm not kidding!) and frequently have weather different from what is happening downtown, or, over the West Hills to Kyron's side of town.

This video shows the weather on June 4th around 11:30am. It was taken during a funeral procession for a Police Captain from Lake Oswego which is about 19 miles from Skyline. I am in between those two points and this video accurately depicts the weather that day if I recall. Watching this makes me so sad for so many reasons. Taken June 4th:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUDsRqQQ1M[/ame]

How are KYRON's classmates and little friends dealing with all this?

This video shows the weather on June 4th around 11:30am. It was taken during a funeral procession for a Police Captain from Lake Oswego which is about 19 miles from Skyline. I am in between those two points and this video accurately depicts the weather that day if I recall. Watching this makes me so sad for so many reasons. Taken June 4th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUDsRqQQ1M

Hi Loves2bemom, I remember the day that photo was posted here and it brought back the day of the 4th for me. It was a slow sprinkle at my house that morning, more like intermitent drops. Your windshield would have a couple of sprinkles on it but there'd be no need to even turn on the wiper.

Now that is always the case in Oregon. In Oswego it can be raining enough to be wet everywhere and at the same moment in Beaverton there will be nothing, maybe even have the sun shining down while 15 miles away on top of Skyline it could be raining lightly and a brilliant rainbow spread out against the sky. Sporatic sprinkles is what I call it. The weatherman say intermitant shopwers. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUDsRqQQ1M

You are so awesome! That is a perfect way to illustrate it (and that was such a sad funeral)... This is how I recall the weather that week too.. just drizzle and overcast and gloom. Not cold, just.. damp. And more damp.

Excellent add, loves2bmom!

I would like to ask any locals who know Skyline Elementary :

On a floorplan map of the school, I noticed a small building marked as a garage. If one is standing at the front entrance to the school, this structure would be on the north east side. There looks to be a small pathway leading to it.

I'm curious to know who uses this building, and if it is left open. Is there more than one entrance to the garage ? Thanks so much to anyone who might know ....

All JMO

I am sure this has been asked before, but please don't make this ole woman go back and try to find the answer...what was the weather like that morning between 8:00 am and 10:00 am....if you can remember..was it raining possibly ???? I believe i read where it been raining previously,possibly night before...but looking for the specifics times if you will...as always, thanks for all the local's help....

I went back to the first thread in this case, and I believe it was raining that morning, and had been raining for several days. The creeks, and rivers were swollen. The following day was sunny, but then it started pouring again by Sunday. hth:dance:

Hi Loves2bemom, I remember the day that photo was posted here and it brought back the day of the 4th for me. It was a slow sprinkle at my house that morning, more like intermitent drops. Your windshield would have a couple of sprinkles on it but there'd be no need to even turn on the wiper.

Now that is always the case in Oregon. In Oswego it can be raining enough to be wet everywhere and at the same moment in Beaverton there will be nothing, maybe even have the sun shining down while 15 miles away on top of Skyline it could be raining lightly and a brilliant rainbow spread out against the sky. Sporatic sprinkles is what I call it. The weatherman say intermitant shopwers. lol

BBM - Perfect Description
Here is the weather history for the Skyline area per WunderMap on 6/4/2010

weather642010skyline.jpg

((go to this link to see screen shot of rain moving through area today.. each area is specific as to if it gets rainfall or not/how much)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/Kyron Related - Random/CURRENTWEATHER.jpg

Before moving to the Skyline area, Kaine & Terri lived in Aloha, correct? The Tualatin Hills Nature Park in Aloha (which is very near Fred Meyer #2): can you drive into the park and, if so, how secluded is it?

OT. I've been here since the day I was born in 1950 :) My dream home is a little log cabin in the big woods somewhere up north. Love Mackinac Island but not sure that I could be an "islander".

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. We're hoping we find our little slice of heaven in the next couple of weeks. The one property I really wanted is now slated for auction. That could be good for us, or bad for us (certainly nothing compared to the family that lost their home). So far, He has provided all we need for this move. It's been quite miraculous. So... I am hopeful. As noted, if this isn't our home, it's because something else is supposed to be.

Right now we're in a vacation rental on the Little Muskegon... it's a nice break after the hard work of the move. :)

We've had a great time here so far.... it's beautiful country, isn't it!

Nice to know we're all here holding a good thought for our little Kyron here in the Great State of Michigan. :)

As far as the weather... IIRC, it was spitty on and off between Vancouver and Estacada. In fact I remember going to the car a few times, and it was terribly humid, cool and drizzly, then warm and humid. It burned off by afternoon, and we got some summer sun. That said, I was miles from Skyline the whole way....

Welcome to Michigan lived here all my life and really wouldn't move, yes the economy is depressed, but it's been that way before and we always come out of it!!! I have a question and I'm not really sure if it belongs here, but has anyone seen Terri? Is she around or working or what is going on with her? I can't believe that someone as active as she was is just laying low. I am very frustrated that Kyron hasn't been found, been looking on here every day and nothing is new, is anything in the newspapers there about anything new??? Thanks!!!

Welcome to Michigan lived here all my life and really wouldn't move, yes the economy is depressed, but it's been that way before and we always come out of it!!! I have a question and I'm not really sure if it belongs here, but has anyone seen Terri? Is she around or working or what is going on with her? I can't believe that someone as active as she was is just laying low. I am very frustrated that Kyron hasn't been found, been looking on here every day and nothing is new, is anything in the newspapers there about anything new??? Thanks!!!

RE: TH...
WS has a thread here that you can check =)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114669"]Where is Terri Horman? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Before moving to the Skyline area, Kaine & Terri lived in Aloha, correct? The Tualatin Hills Nature Park in Aloha (which is very near Fred Meyer #2): can you drive into the park and, if so, how secluded is it?

I have not been to that park before but a few of my friends have. It's all walking trails as far as I know and you can't drive into it. I have to run to Costco today (near the park) and will do a drive by. ;)

Is Kyron still being talked about?
Is his case going cold?
Does anyone have any idea what LE next move is?
What is school doing?
Business as usual?
Are bill boards all down now?
Posters still up at businesses etc???

I'm back from my Field Trip. :D I've not been to this park before but had heard about it. What a beautiful piece of property! Must take kids back there soon!

You definitely can't drive into it. There is only one parking lot but 4 or 5 other "walk in" entrances. It's big...over 200 acres. Once you park, there are walking trails (some paved, some not) into a wooded area with preserved wetlands. It's a gorgeous 80 degree day so it was very crowded. Plus, I was there at lunchtime and Nike is nearby. Lots of folks running, walking, biking, Moms with little kids and a field trip of children. I would imagine that on a drizzly Friday morning that it would have not been as crowded but I would not describe the place as secluded. If someone wanted to dispose of a body, I wouldn't think this was a convenient place. The risk of being seen would be pretty high.

If dumping a body was the goal, it would have been much easier to do out near Skyline where there aren't nearly as many people and much more rugged terrain. :(
But who knows....good find SacreBleu!

Click this link and scroll down to Tualatin Hills Nature Park. There are a couple of photos too.
http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...erton-851605/Things_To_Do-Beaverton-BR-1.html

I'm back from my Field Trip. :D I've not been to this park before but had heard about it. What a beautiful piece of property! Must take kids back there soon!

You definitely can't drive into it. There is only one parking lot but 4 or 5 other "walk in" entrances. It's big...over 200 acres. Once you park, there are walking trails (some paved, some not) into a wooded area with preserved wetlands. It's a gorgeous 80 degree day so it was very crowded. Plus, I was there at lunchtime and Nike is nearby. Lots of folks running, walking, biking, Moms with little kids and a field trip of children. I would imagine that on a drizzly Friday morning that it would have not been as crowded but I would not describe the place as secluded. If someone wanted to dispose of a body, I wouldn't think this was a convenient place. The risk of being seen would be pretty high.

If dumping a body was the goal, it would have been much easier to do out near Skyline where there aren't nearly as many people and much more rugged terrain. :(
But who knows....good find SacreBleu!

Click this link and scroll down to Tualatin Hills Nature Park. There are a couple of photos too.
http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...erton-851605/Things_To_Do-Beaverton-BR-1.html

Thank YOU for doing that! =)
I drive by the entrance as that's my little "shortcut" to avoid the TV Hwy and Murray intersection...

Also note (I'll try to link google map) the wooded area north east of there..
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.50...494482,-122.826282&spn=0.030023,0.073729&z=14

That is along the Max line and I know (hear on scanner and have seen) deer coming out of that area and going onto Murray.
LE patrols those areas pretty well due to transient activity, but then again, there are a LOT of wooded park areas around here that I see/hear on scanner of transient activity.

I honestly don't know if that's Nike's land north of the park or ??

And just in the past two or three weeks we have had two bodies turn up in wooded areas in Beaverton (off and close to HEAVILY traveled roads), that had been there some amount of time, in one instance for several months!

Thank you, loves2b, for checking it out. I'm happy that you at found a great new place, at least! I hope you didn't go too far out of the way. Someone on the Dream thread had once mentioned seeing a sign that I thought might have been similar to the park's sign, and it IS in the neighborhood where Terri apparently was that Friday, so....my curiousity got to me!

And, freefallzzzz, "Yikes!" with regard to the bodies!

Thank YOU for doing that! =)
I drive by the entrance as that's my little "shortcut" to avoid the TV Hwy and Murray intersection...

Also note (I'll try to link google map) the wooded area north east of there..
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.50...494482,-122.826282&spn=0.030023,0.073729&z=14

That is along the Max line and I know (hear on scanner and have seen) deer coming out of that area and going onto Murray.
LE patrols those areas pretty well due to transient activity, but then again, there are a LOT of wooded park areas around here that I see/hear on scanner of transient activity.

I honestly don't know if that's Nike's land north of the park or ??

And just in the past two or three weeks we have had two bodies turn up in wooded areas in Beaverton (off and close to HEAVILY traveled roads), that had been there some amount of time, in one instance for several months!

Ha, I was thinking about you when I went on my field trip today. I'm pretty sure that's Nike land too. Have to ask hubby! :D
This is a good illustration of how many wooded areas there are in the area. I can understand the frustration that Staton was trying to convey when they get tips that say "go check out a wooded area" There's just so much to look through.

But I still think that if there's a body to be found, it would be close to the school. If he was spirited away to another country....well....I just don't know if he'll be found. :cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back