*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could someone who is local be able to characterize the two east Portland communities mentioned in the press conference--Troutdale? Fairview? (Hope I didn't create a Spoonerism when I typed these)...

I'm trying to envision the area, but can't. Obviously the investigation has moved away from "the woods."

I have visited there a few times (Fairview anyway, I think Troutdale would be the same it is right there) nice suburb area, clean, newer homes, nice shops/restaurants, newer shopping centers, it is along the river as well. Hope that is what you were asking :)

After the presser do the residents and families that have children in school still feel this is an isolated case?
Is there a 'ring' that all children may be at risk?

I have a family member in 4th grade in Beaverton and while a lot of people want to believe that the perpetrator has been identified nevertheless they are being very vigilant. The fact that they have no one in custody or a POI makes everyone very nervous, one can never take chances with a child.

He has a long history of questionable ethics. He was forced out because he was a crooked, lying, stealing, lousy sheriff. Nobody was sad to see him go. Does that answer your question?

I guess you answered my question. So what about the DA Schrunk?

Hi again Ladonna, I know Terry Shrunk has been in Portland politics for years and years seemingly but I never paid much attention to that except for newsworthy people, like Hatfield, Packwood, Goldberg, Bud Clark, etc. I remember him as our Mayor of Portland in '62 when I graduated from H.S. and think he had been the Sheriff before that. I just don't know the quality of his works.

I do however think our Gwenabob is well informed on these matters. Ya Ya ;}

Question for locals. What is your opinion about this ex sheriff? I ask because of this link.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25058719/detail.html

Its raised a lot of sour grapes over at IS

lolz, I just deleted my comments about him for another thread here because they were Not Very Nice.

I think it's *exactly* like him to come out of the woodwork at this point and critique the guy who took over the mess he left behind, and I give his opinion as much value as he gave Portland in his last years of 'service' (self-serve, if you KWIM).

As for DA Schrunk, I heart him, and you would too if you met him. He's a real Portland guy, went to high school here, very loyal to the old neighborhood (the neglected St Johns area of town) and is a straight shooter IMO.
A very political straight shooter, but a good guy nonetheless. His reputation (and that of his staff) is excellent.

Was anyone at the Skyline Science Fair on June 4th? OR, did someone talk with another who was there? If so, approximately how many people attended? Was it chaotic?

It appears the school must have about 250 kids. Is that close?

I guess that I'm feeling that 250 kids plus their parents may not have been overwhelming if part of the displays were in the classrooms, etc.

Any information about the numbers and chaotic or not chaotic feeling would be greatly appreciated.

Was anyone at the Skyline Science Fair on June 4th? OR, did someone talk with another who was there? If so, approximately how many people attended? Was it chaotic?

I guess that I'm feeling that 250 kids plus their parents may not have been overwhelming if part of the displays were in the classrooms, etc.

Any information about the numbers and chaotic or not chaotic feeling would be greatly appreciated.

I was kind of hoping the one or two Skyline Parents that have posted here in the past would chime in but it appears they're are not posting at all anymore. I hope they are reading along though...maybe if I bump this back up. :)

I do recall one of them saying it was a very chaotic morning but I'm not sure about the number of people. Here was one post that I found helpful...if Skyline parents are out there, we would love some input if you are able!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5325699#post5325699"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Well, I have a question for any locals reading this.

Given all the angst about Staton's emotional remarks at the end of his press conference the other day, is it possible for a group of "concerned citizens" to approach Staton or at least a public relations person in his department, and simply ask for a clarification of what he meant? Or maybe prod him into saying something else with a statement requesting that he do so that the "concerned group" distributes to the media? Surely that would force him to say something more.

If he was obliquely referring to child *advertiser censored* or human traffiking when he talked about things they wish they didn't know about, then why didn't he follow up his remarks by a plea to Portland parents to keep a closer watch on their children?

I know that the press conference was put together in a hurry, and perhaps he said more than he would have with more preparation, but if I lived in Portland, and I had young children, I would be very nervous.

Well, I have a question for any locals reading this.

Given all the angst about Staton's emotional remarks at the end of his press conference the other day, is it possible for a group of "concerned citizens" to approach Staton or at least a public relations person in his department, and simply ask for a clarification of what he meant? Or maybe prod him into saying something else with a statement requesting that he do so that the "concerned group" distributes to the media? Surely that would force him to say something more.

If he was obliquely referring to child *advertiser censored* or human traffiking when he talked about things they wish they didn't know about, then why didn't he follow up his remarks by a plea to Portland parents to keep a closer watch on their children?

I know that the press conference was put together in a hurry, and perhaps he said more than he would have with more preparation, but if I lived in Portland, and I had young children, I would be very nervous.

I personally don't want to go rounding up a group of concerned citizens but I'll bet Staton is getting plenty of pressure to solve this case without me pounding on his door. I've said many times in this forum that I do not fear for my children as a result of this case. I fear for my children in the way that most parents do living in this crazy world. If there is some child trafficking going on here, I don't believe they are targeting random strangers. I haven't seen any other news stories of children disappearing that LE fears were taken by some mysterious group. If something happened to Kyron involving a ring of some sort, it wasn't random IMO!

So the locals still think that KYRON's case is an isolated case???
No other children in danger?
Then TH and friends are still the ones to look at???

So the locals still think that KYRON's case is an isolated case???
No other children in danger?
Then TH and friends are still the ones to look at???

Is there an echo in here? I think I'm the only local responding...where are you guys? :couch:

I can speak for myself and those of my friends that I have asked that question directly and it's a resounding YES..we all think it's isolated.

Is there an echo in here? I think I'm the only local responding...where are you guys? :couch:

I can speak for myself and those of my friends that I have asked that question directly and it's a resounding YES..we all think it's isolated.

And may I ask how you as a local feel about Staton's press conference...his reference to knowing things they would rather not know about.

I don't mean to make more of this than is called for (although what would that be?), but wondering how that strikes you.

And may I ask how you as a local feel about Staton's press conference...his reference to knowing things they would rather not know about.

I don't mean to make more of this than is called for (although what would that be?), but wondering how that strikes you.

I don't know Marie..I go round and round with that one inside my head. At this moment I believe it has to do with child abuse and child *advertiser censored* and that TH got mixed up in it somehow. :confused:

I was kind of hoping the one or two Skyline Parents that have posted here in the past would chime in but it appears they're are not posting at all anymore. I hope they are reading along though...maybe if I bump this back up. :)

I do recall one of them saying it was a very chaotic morning but I'm not sure about the number of people. Here was one post that I found helpful...if Skyline parents are out there, we would love some input if you are able!!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From someone I know that works there - chaotic is too strong of a word. "busier than most days, but it wasn't something that was out of control" was how I heard it described.

Hi Tink, I heard about 300 people were there. Where did I hear that LOLOL I remember hearing it not reading it so it must have been on a TV newscast. I almost always watch KOIN.

I don't know Marie..I go round and round with that one inside my head. At this moment I believe it has to do with child abuse and child *advertiser censored* and that TH got mixed up in it somehow. :confused:

This is the hardest part of the puzzle to me. I think it has something to do with him being sold....but I don't know for what, and really I can't figure out how she would encounter those kinds of people. I can't imagine she'd take as good of care as she apparently did for someone she'd have to hate to sell....

(and I apologize to any family members that read this....)

This is the hardest part of the puzzle to me. I think it has something to do with him being sold....but I don't know for what, and really I can't figure out how she would encounter those kinds of people. I can't imagine she'd take as good of care as she apparently did for someone she'd have to hate to sell....

(and I apologize to any family members that read this....)

But maybe what LE has discovered is that there was an undercurrent in her relationship with Kyron that was not obvious to his father who was gone during the day, and his mother who he didn't live with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back