*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've seen the website info, and it looks like donations go to MCSO without any guarantee that monies are used specifically for Kyron efforts. I'm looking for a search fund that is directly related to Kyron Horman.

Oh.. I don't know what one that would be. Since the government funds the search, I don't know how you could direct funds to only the one case other than what MCSO says.
We appreciate the thought!

Oh.. I don't know what one that would be. Since the government funds the search, I don't know how you could direct funds to only the one case other than what MCSO says. We appreciate the thought!

BBM. Thanks for your post. Perhaps my question has been answered. I would prefer to contribute to a private fund that has a specific purpose in the Kyron Horman case, i.e. Tim Miller, Marc Klaas, or similar organizations.

I will think of something that I can do to express my concern for this precious little guy: perhaps a donation to Skyline School, and the staff/PTA can decide what they would like to do with my contribution :)

BBM. Thanks for your post. Perhaps my question has been answered. I would prefer to contribute to a private fund that has a specific purpose in the Kyron Horman case, i.e. Tim Miller, Marc Klaas, or similar organizations.

I will think of something that I can do to express my concern for this precious little guy: perhaps a donation to Skyline School, and the staff/PTA can decide what they would like to do with my contribution :)

There might be private SAR groups (already utilized by LE, but not LE) that accept donations, and might be willing to earmark them for future searches for Kyron. If you search the SAR blogs you will find several independant SAR groups that have been involved with searches for Kyron. Perhaps contact them to see about donations?

Do all elementary schools within the same district as Skyline have a similar floor plan ....

Do all elementary schools within the same district as Skyline have a similar floor plan ....

Not that I am aware of. Each school is pretty individual. Plus, Skyline had at least two additions after the original building was constructed.

I thought any locals would be interested in this.. (RE:Wall of Hope moving Sunday)

Later in the day, Desiree Young announced the new location for Kyron's Wall of Hope: the Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue station at 11646 NW Skyline Blvd.

Moving day will be Sunday, starting at 8:30 a.m.

"We would really appreciate a little help in taking the Wall down because we will be relocating the entire section of fence as a whole piece to keep the integrity of the Wall of Hope in place,"
wrote Young.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...6hsjxnJLA.cspx

Question for the locals please:

Rod Underhill is the Chief Deputy DA and seems to be running this case. When I look up his profile it says Rod is -

as of 01/15/09 he is a veteran domestic violence prosecutor with over 1400 DV prosecutions.

He is in three divisions:

1. Family violence
2. Family justice
3. Misdemeanor court

Does anyone know if Underhill has been switched over to the criminal court or felony court? Guess I'm wondering why a DA with his background is in charge of such a high profile criminal missing child case. TIA

ETA: Guess I'm wondering if I missed an election or the most updated information regarding the DA's office. TIA

Question for the locals please:

Rod Underhill is the Chief Deputy DA and seems to be running this case. When I look up his profile it says Rod is -

as of 01/15/09 he is a veteran domestic violence prosecutor with over 1400 DV prosecutions.

He is in three divisions:

1. Family violence
2. Family justice
3. Misdemeanor court

Does anyone know if Underhill has been switched over to the criminal court or felony court? Guess I'm wondering why a DA with his background is in charge of such a high profile criminal missing child case. TIA

ETA: Guess I'm wondering if I missed an election or the most updated information regarding the DA's office. TIA

It seems to me that LE is looking at this case as a domestic violence case, rather than a stranger abduction case. Seems like they have the right guy for the job. BTW, domestic violence IS criminal violence. Just between family members.

Could someone who is local be able to characterize the two east Portland communities mentioned in the press conference--Troutdale? Fairview? (Hope I didn't create a Spoonerism when I typed these)...

I'm trying to envision the area, but can't. Obviously the investigation has moved away from "the woods."

Some time ago, a local posted that on June 4, the buses parked on the east side of the school, with the students exiting/entering the portico door.

God knows where the post is, so if a local could please confirm where the buses were parking and dropping off the students on the morning of June 4, it would be greatly appreciated.

After the presser do the residents and families that have children in school still feel this is an isolated case?
Is there a 'ring' that all children may be at risk?

After the presser do the residents and families that have children in school still feel this is an isolated case?
Is there a 'ring' that all children may be at risk?

Are you asking only those that go to Skyline? I'm nearby and this press conference actually has me believing EVEN more that this is was an isolated case. JMO but also shared by many of my friends.

Can anyone who has kids in the Portland school system tell me how much sex and drug education has been presented to the average second grader? The occasional musings of 'what might Kyron have seen or overheard?' make me wonder how much understanding he might have had of something he witnessed.

Can anyone who has kids in the Portland school system tell me how much sex and drug education has been presented to the average second grader? The occasional musings of 'what might Kyron have seen or overheard?' make me wonder how much understanding he might have had of something he witnessed.

may I add, are the second graders shown stranger danger?
Know their address and phone numbers?
How to contact help like 911?
That is one of the first things we teach here, just wondering.........

Hi Crafty, I think allot of them are very similar. I went to Lakewood elementary in Lake Oswego. It is a bigger building but the inside layout is very similar to Skyline. Many of the brick schools in our area were built about the same time I think which is why so many of them look alike.

My grandaughter Ariel was a volunteer with STARS,{Students Today Aren't Ready for Sex}. It's an organization where high schoolers go into the grade school classes to teach them there are alternative ways to show affection for someone other than having sex.

She worked with 6th grade classes but they also did 5th grade classes. Now they have a program about puberty which is being taught by STARS in 3rd grade classes. They go to every school in the Portland school district.

may I add, are the second graders shown stranger danger?
Know their address and phone numbers?
How to contact help like 911?
That is one of the first things we teach here, just wondering.........

Yes to stranger danger
Yes to address and phone numbers (they start this in K at my kids school)
Yes to 911

These are the first things in Kindergarten around here as far as I know. Actually even pre-school. Bullying is also a big thing here - as in don't be a bully, don't put up with bullies, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howellsy
Back