*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was really sad that our local news didn't even have a short clip on this tonight. :(

Please don't forget our dear sweet Kyron!

I watched KGW tonight and they did have a segment on Kyron, thank goodness =)

If you could see the terrain around there, at this point if he wandered away it would not be good at all. :( Did he wander away and someone grabbed him and kept him? It's a possibility.

But, if he wandered away and got lost in blackberries or something, it would be years before he was found. :( The blackberries are not native plants and tend to take over. I have a friend whose dachshund wandered into a small row of blackberries and was never ever found.

I didn't think it would be good. I'm just wondering if it's possible that no foul play is involved.

So assuming that LE is correct (and I hope they are on the right track) that there is something to be found on SI that will lead them to Kyron and/or to whomever hurt him, any thoughts on WHY Sauvie Island? And not, say, all of those other places that CaringCitizen and others have mentioned? I don't have the mind of a killer, so what would motivate someone (assuming this was planned) to bury a body or evidence there instead of somewhere else? Because of distance? Waterways? Some sort of "sentimental" or emotional connection to SI?

satellites are taking pictures from space all of the time. They are so good that they can read the manufacturer's name on a water ski if you are water skiing.

I wonder if there are any satellite images from that day?
I said that in a different post a loooonnng time ago, we have satellites that can see what you are reading but yet we still cant find bin laden either, doesnt make much sense does it.

If you could see the terrain around there, at this point if he wandered away it would not be good at all. :( Did he wander away and someone grabbed him and kept him? It's a possibility.

But, if he wandered away and got lost in blackberries or something, it would be years before he was found. :( The blackberries are not native plants and tend to take over. I have a friend whose dachshund wandered into a small row of blackberries and was never ever found.

Above BBM... Awww Kimster, this post made me so very sad, both for the thought of little Kyron being scared, alone, and possibly his last moments here on earth spent alone and terrified. This has given me a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. And also, as I'm quite partial to little dachshunds(both the blk&tan ones and the red ones too)my entire life since birth this has been my family's choice of dog and it made me sad to think of one of my little dachshunds getting lost in such terrain and also spending there last moments alone and terrified...This post really struck a chord with me....

Just want to thank all the locals for their input..

I went on youtube and saw this video that someone had taken going over the Sauvie Island bridge. Was trying to see if there were cameras.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch3m-Yt4P4U&feature=fvst[/ame]

Praying everyday for this little sweet child is found safe. :praying:

So assuming that LE is correct (and I hope they are on the right track) that there is something to be found on SI that will lead them to Kyron and/or to whomever hurt him, any thoughts on WHY Sauvie Island? And not, say, all of those other places that CaringCitizen and others have mentioned? I don't have the mind of a killer, so what would motivate someone (assuming this was planned) to bury a body or evidence there instead of somewhere else? Because of distance? Waterways? Some sort of "sentimental" or emotional connection to SI?

The best thing for the perp would be for police to initially assume that Kyron simply wandered off. This would buy the perp time as they searched areas near the school. SI would be outside a reasonable searching area for a kid who wandered. But, SI is close and it is desolate and it offers lots of waterways, wetlands, and ponds to dispose of evidence.

Here's another detail that only Portlanders would likely have picked up on. It may or may not be relevant (probably not).

The Oregon Science Museum (OMSI) in Portland is a beloved institution and you can almost guarantee that Kyron visited it at some point. The OMSI had a special exhibit on CSI sometime during the last year. I believe that is where the CSI shirt Kyron is wearing in his picture likely came from..I remember seeing the shirts for sale at OMSI. I have also seen others around town wearing them.

On a side note..if this is allowed...I remember visiting TH's FB page before she made it private and she was a fan of the show. I wonder if they visited this exhibit together:(

Here's another detail that only Portlanders would likely have picked up on. It may or may not be relevant (probably not).

The Oregon Science Museum (OMSI) in Portland is a beloved institution and you can almost guarantee that Kyron visited it at some point. The OMSI had a special exhibit on CSI sometime during the last year. I believe that is where the CSI shirt Kyron is wearing in his picture likely came from..I remember seeing the shirts for sale at OMSI. I have also seen others around town wearing them.

On a side note..if this is allowed...I remember visiting TH's FB page before she made it private and she was a fan of the show. I wonder if they visited this exhibit together:(

??

I think lots of people are interested and enjoy CSI...

Just wanted to add from a local's perspective....the Mayor and the Portland Police Dept have not been on the best of terms lately. Although I'm not sure of the heirarchy of the Multnomah Sherriff's Dept and who they report to. I would imagine this royally pi**ed off LE. Sticking his head in where it doesn't belong at all. I would bet they know who this guy is already too. I hope they address it or the media is going to go nuts with this poor guy's picture. I mean more than they already have....

Politics....:banghead:

Just wanted to add from a local's perspective....the Mayor and the Portland Police Dept have not been on the best of terms lately. Although I'm not sure of the heirarchy of the Multnomah Sherriff's Dept and who they report to. I would imagine this royally pi**ed off LE. Sticking his head in where it doesn't belong at all. I would bet they know who this guy is already too. I hope they address it or the media is going to go nuts with this poor guy's picture. I mean more than they already have....

Politics....:banghead:

I don't understand what your referring to about the "poor guy's picture" Please explain...I'm slow today!

Since Frogs were Kyron's project, could some evil person tell him there were lots
of frogs on the island? then the cell phone pings.........was he dropped off there?
at 8:45???? brainstorming out of the box..........

My guess is familiarity. This person knows SI and feels comfortable there.

What is the local newspaper? radio? TV?

They all should be in the Media links thread,
But the Oregonian is the largest newspaper, and oregonlive.com is their weblink
And the local stations are
KPDX (they air news segments done by Fox12)
KPTV 12 Fox
KATU 2 ABC
KOIN 6 CBS
KGW 8 NBC

Since Frogs were Kyron's project, could some evil person tell him there were lots
of frogs on the island? then the cell phone pings.........was he dropped off there?
at 8:45???? brainstorming out of the box..........

There are frogs on the island I saw a video of people there trying to catch them and one landed on a girls arm..

Are they having anything about Kyron now on the news today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back