*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Locals ~ Have you heard anything around town or seen anything with regard to last night's developments?

Locals ~ Have you heard anything around town or seen anything with regard to last night's developments?

Wondering the same. I would love to know what the atmosphere in Skyline is now w/ all of the latest developments.

Also, does anyone know if LE is still conducting any searches at this time? SI? I have a sinking feeling that IF Kyron were thrown into the waters there he may never be found.

I drove up to Skyline Elementary last night to place a red ribbon on Kyron's Wall of Hope. It was around 7:30. No media there at all - apparently I missed it. Then went N on Cornelius Pass Road, over the RR tracks to Hwy 30. Nothing of interest noticed on that stretch of road either, although nothing really would be visible from Cornelius Pas Rd unless the media frenzy was huge.

Then took a drive over the SI Bridge and onto SI. Drove to the Columbia county line on both Reeder and Oak Valley Roads as well as along SI Drive for several miles. I did not observe any SAR activity. But it's a BIG island and I did not travel around the entire island.

Is there anyway to check out SM's education via a teacher's licensing site in Oregon?

I drove up to Skyline Elementary last night to place a red ribbon on Kyron's Wall of Hope. It was around 7:30. No media there at all - apparently I missed it. Then went N on Cornelius Pass Road, over the RR tracks to Hwy 30. Nothing of interest noticed on that stretch of road either, although nothing really would be visible from Cornelius Pas Rd unless the media frenzy was huge.

Then took a drive over the SI Bridge and onto SI. Drove to the Columbia county line on both Reeder and Oak Valley Roads as well as along SI Drive for several miles. I did not observe any SAR activity. But it's a BIG island and I did not travel around the entire island.

I was there between 11:00am and Noon at the school. It was eerily quiet. The only activity were a couple of dressed up men measuring something. I drove all the way down Skyline and no searching on that road at all.

May I please ask if you all have heard of any searches for Kyron today?

Could anyone tell me when garbage pickup is for 1)School 2)Kyron's neighborhood?

Also, were local landfills searched? (according to media would be fine, don't need LE spokesperson)

ETA
I have read the other posts related to "garbage" in this thread. Only want to know what is done in specific locations noted.

The school would be commercial pickup; Kyron's residential.

Haven't heard anything except that everyone I talk to thinks Terri did something to Kyron.

Could anyone tell me when garbage pickup is for 1)School 2)Kyron's neighborhood?

Also, were local landfills searched? (according to media would be fine, don't need LE spokesperson)

ETA
I have read the other posts related to "garbage" in this thread. Only want to know what is done in specific locations noted.

I really pray that LE searched that immediately!!!
Does school have an incinerater??

There is info in the Search thread that there is a search today.

Will link to it in minute; WS is giving me fits.

ETA
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5346005&postcount=198"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - All Kyron Horman Searches[/ame]

ETA

I don't recall any media saying a landfill was searched. I don't know which garbage company has that jurisdiction for sure but would guess it's Walker Garbage for residential. They have a FAQ on their site that talks about where the trash goes. I believe the pick up is Friday for residential on Skyline.

http://walkergarbage.com/faq.html

The school has dumpsters doesn't it which require a different type truck.

Any locals know if the same company that does the residential does the commercial pick-up within that area.

The school has dumpsters doesn't it which require a different type truck.

Any locals know if the same company that does the residential does the commercial pick-up within that area.

Yes, and I referred to that in my post above as "commercial" but that may be inaccurate on my part. I mean whatever kind of dumpster is shown in the photo below. Here, I would call it "commercial" ...

Thanks to Gwenabob:
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/SkylineSchool054.jpg

(It blows margins so I'm just providing link, not image.)

ooh.. you made me look!

http://facilities.pps.k12.or.us/.docs/pg/11114#canschoolsarrangefortheirowncompost

Can schools arrange for their own compost or yard debris pick up?

No. PPS has a contract with waste management that covers all of the waste coming out of our schools. No school can hire another waste hauler to come pick up from the school. If a school has a large amount of yard debris, a parent volunteer can take yard debris away from the school, or you can contact Nancy Bond in advance to have a special one-time yard debris pick up arranged.

PDX, thank you!

I cannot get the link to work. Can you check it? ETA: Never mind, it works now and I've bookmarked it.

I wonder whether the parent volunteer has to have any sort of ID or whether you could say you were from X school and that would be good enough.

Where do they haul the yard waste to? TIA anyone who answers!

You gave me the right key words to search for and I think this might be the company with which the public schools have a contract. Trying to find updated info. This was from 2006.

Waste Management of Oregon picks up and disposes of more than 10 million pounds of trash from 113 PPS locations each year at a cost of more than $460,000.

http://www.globenewswire.com/feature/news.html?d=105125
ETA

Does PPS Recycle? Yes! Each school is equipped with one or more recycling dumpsters. Cardboard, paper, aluminum and plastic bottles are accepted by our hauler, Waste Management. For more details, see the Recycling Procedures. http://facilities.pps.k12.or.us/.docs/_sid/c317a7904b085c9050d8bdeffe79856d/pg/11114
When you click on the Recycling Procedures link (at website above), you get to this page:

http://facilities.pps.k12.or.us/.docs/pg/11115

And it was updated January 2010. But I'm still not 100 percent certain the contract is still with Waste Management. I'd like to find a press release that says they renewed the contract or something like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back