*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has any of the locals heard of any searches on Logie Rd. or around Rainbow Lake that may not have been talked about in the MSM...??? TIA

Wow! Hey thanks! I wasn't sure how those billboards work.. interesting..
and thanks for that tidbit! =)

Hmmm.. wondering how we would find out who owns the Portland area billboards? (I'm not good at sleuthing)

As if it turns out a majority of them are owned by Clear Channel, I would LOVE to know who helped them decide on locations...

eta:
Link for Clear Channel outdoor advertising but still could not find all locations of ALL their boards along w/demographics
http://www.clearchanneloutdoor.com/markets/portland.htm#demographics

This billboard thing has always interested me..

interesting statistic-

Did not read any daily newspaper(s) yesterday 53.7

So there may be people out there who have not heard about Kyron, especially if they don't watch TV.

I don't have cable where I live in another state.

If you watch the movie channel, for example, would they have ads on there that would talk about Kyron?

Has any of the locals heard of any searches on Logie Rd. or around Rainbow Lake that may not have been talked about in the MSM...??? TIA

Good question! I was wondering that myself yesterday. It would at least clear up any questions with regard to the area the witness allegedly saw TH in her truck. I heard Rainbow Lake is a reservior (sp?).

I am curious about the gym.

If there is a stage, does it have some sort of wood, in a pattern from the stage floor down to the gym floor? Thanks!! I had a dream a while back, and that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

I don't know if this has been asked, so forgive me if it has. And this might a stupid question, but where I'm from is totally flat, lol. I notice in some of the pics that Portland seems mountainous. Are there any caves in the area, or abandoned mines? I'm not thinking there is because I probably would have heard about places like that by now, but I was curious. I'm just trying to think of places he could be hidden or taken shelter in, and when I think of mountains, I think of caves and possibly mines.

I also noticed a rock quarry? Is there one or two? For some reason I got the shivers when I saw there was a rock quarry. It also looks like you have ravines and valleys as well as thick forest. Geez, there's no telling where Kyron may be...

I'm not very knowlegable about Portland, I lived there years ago and still visit once in a while.

There are mountains nearby, rivers, not too long of a drive to the ocean and lots of forrest. As far as caves go, not really sure about that. I don't know for sure how far from Portland the Ape Caves are, I don't believe they would be more than a few hours so there may be caves closer.

I'm not very knowlegable about Portland, I lived there years ago and still visit once in a while.

There are mountains nearby, rivers, not too long of a drive to the ocean and lots of forrest. As far as caves go, not really sure about that. I don't know for sure how far from Portland the Ape Caves are, I don't believe they would be more than a few hours so there may be caves closer.

Thanks--and to be even more exact, the Ape Caves are lava tubes, not caves in the strictest definition. You can walk in one end and out the other, a mile or so? They are on the backside of Mt Saint Helen, so probably farther than is realistic. Just in case anyone was about to run with this ball!

Locals, we have a missing woman out of Jefferson: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109366"]OR Melissa Ann Fentress, Jefferson, 26 yr old, 7/12/10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:(

Quite a few people seem confused as to whether or not a student, such as TK, would have been able to see vehicles parked in the parking lot from the gym window and I think I know the answer, but want to verify with locals, who have been to the school...

Isn't the portion of the building that sits directly below the gym, where teh cafeteria is, partially above ground. To me, it appears that way from exterior shots of the school by freefallzzzz and gwenabob, which would make the gym sit higher off the ground and the windows for the gym higher off the ground. So in other words, people outside would not necessarily be able to see into the gym windows. However, people in the gym would likely better be able to see out of those windows to the parking lot below, since they are more on level with the actual floor of the gym and not the parking lot.

Can anyone verify/confirm?

A question for any locals who participated in an LE sanctioned SAR effort for Kyron within the first week of his disappearance: were you told of Kyrons bee sting allergy, or told of the allergy but to make no comment if asked?
TIA.

Quite a few people seem confused as to whether or not a student, such as TK, would have been able to see vehicles parked in the parking lot from the gym window and I think I know the answer, but want to verify with locals, who have been to the school...

Isn't the portion of the building that sits directly below the gym, where teh cafeteria is, partially above ground. To me, it appears that way from exterior shots of the school by freefallzzzz and gwenabob, which would make the gym sit higher off the ground and the windows for the gym higher off the ground. So in other words, people outside would not necessarily be able to see into the gym windows. However, people in the gym would likely better be able to see out of those windows to the parking lot below, since they are more on level with the actual floor of the gym and not the parking lot.

Can anyone verify/confirm?

freefallzzzz is AWESOME and was able to get an answer to this question from a school janitor today.

The short answer is that the windows to the gym are about 6feet above the floor. However, there are bleachers that pull out that may or may not allow for someone to look out the windows.

She posted on the Skyline School thread here...
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5411459&postcount=196"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Skyline Elementary School[/ame]

I asked this question on another thread but maybe I should ask it here. Are the parents whose children attend Skyline nervous about letting them go back to school? I would think that I would be based on the fact that no one simply knows what happened to this poor little guy, and nothing solid has come out as far as SM is concerned.

How close to a freeway entrance would the school be? (This may have been asked/answered, if so I apologize.)

If a stranger did grab Kyron and wanted to get out of the area fast, would it be easy to do? I am sure there are lots of remote areas not far from the freeways out there where he could have exited, completed his crime, and left Kyron behind.

How close to a freeway entrance would the school be? (This may have been asked/answered, if so I apologize.)

If a stranger did grab Kyron and wanted to get out of the area fast, would it be easy to do? I am sure there are lots of remote areas not far from the freeways out there where he could have exited, completed his crime, and left Kyron behind.

There's a map in my siggy that will show you.. but the answer is 'very close'. 10 minutes, tops?
Hwy 26 westbound gets you to remote areas very quickly (I used to commute it to the coast).

On Prime News today someone had twittered or phoned in a comment that the people of Portland knew a whole lot more about this case than they were saying...Did anyone else hear that? And what could they have meant? :waitasec:

On Prime News today someone had twittered or phoned in a comment that the people of Portland knew a whole lot more about this case than they were saying...Did anyone else hear that? And what could they have meant? :waitasec:

Yeah! I heard that too,wonder
what they meant?:waitasec:

Are the people of Portland a little weirded out that this "Wall of Hope" is at Kyron's school?? It could be any school for that matter.....why couldn't a "Wall Of Hope" be placed elsewhere....a park, civic center, Kaine's house....they already have the memories of that day in their minds....I wouldn't think they need to be reminded of it...day in and day out..the students and faculty have to be able to move forward in the next few months...to me, this is just way to much of a reminder...and you have little ones who attended who do not know the concept of it all...

Are the people of Portland a little weirded out that this "Wall of Hope" is at Kyron's school?? It could be any school for that matter.....why couldn't a "Wall Of Hope" be placed elsewhere....a park, civic center, Kaine's house....they already have the memories of that day in their minds....I wouldn't think they need to be reminded of it...day in and day out..the students and faculty have to be able to move forward in the next few months...to me, this is just way to much of a reminder...and you have little ones who attended who do not know the concept of it all...

I don't find it weird. I've not heard friends or family say anything but positive about the wall. It's not the first time that a fence at a school has been used for a wall of hope/prayer/similar. Plus, it's summer time, so staff and students are less likely to see it (especially 5 days a week).

That said, my youngest is five and she understands quite well as to what is going on with Kyron. If she hears myself or my husband mention Kyron's name, she asks if they've found him yet. I am not bothered by her knowing about this, and if the worst possible thing has happened to him and it's discovered, I will explain it (in words she understands) and not hide it from her.

As a Portland resident, I think some know more than MSM only because some of us have family in LE and leaks have happened (of course).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES
Back