Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would expand on #2 and ask specifically "if there were any POI's, or suspects, and if so, were they cleared? and what cleared them?"

Be adamant that you want the case reopened, and that you will help in any way.

Ahh, both of those tips are great! Thank you!!

Hi All- I am wondering about missing persons cases: who decides when a "search" becomes a "recovery"? Is this a jurisdictional decision or does it have to do with the family's wishes or the vulnerability of the missing? I've been reading about the historical inequity of missing persons reports (and sadly some current) and I was wondering with the advent of NAMUS (whose creation was a milestone) was there any legislation too. I hope this is the right place to ask- I don't want to do it on active threads as there are often loved ones on them. TIA!

Are there state-specific categories? I see that when a post is clicked on, they appear to be filed under state because they start with the state abbreviation, then the state is listed. Is there a way to search by state? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! I need some help on a case somewhat discussed on this site, but not very much as it's in Australia. I'm trying to find specific information on the case (which is closed with a life-sentence, never to be released), I've made some progress, but I'm struggling to use Australian resources and I'm not sure where to ask for help.

Are there state-specific categories? I see that when a post is clicked on, they appear to be filed under state because they start with the state abbreviation, then the state is listed. Is there a way to search by state? Thanks!

If you are on a main forum page (i.e. Missing Person Discussion), to the left of each thread title the state is shown twice ... first in a small square and again just to the right of that small square. When you see the state you are interested in, for example, FL, click on the small square and it will bring up all threads in that forum that are for FL.

Hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Hey! 5 mins new to the site. I joined with specific intentions of finding someone that can help me understand the autopsy of a person close to me. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a reliable and patient person?

Thanks in advance,
Nan

Guys, I need your help. I have been searching for something to find out specific people. What website do you use in this case?

I have a question...how much is known about the international sex trade?

Always when I hear about young missing ppl there is talks about the sex ring ... but do we know where they operate.... or like any information what country they tend to keep kids.. because I know from germany and other countries that if there are ppl amongst us running around with abducted kids 99% of the public wouldn't be aware of it... and maybe we should bring more awareness to the areas that tend to have a higher number of "trade relations" .... I dk if this is reasonable or anything ... but it goes through my mind every time.

Guys, I need your help. I have been searching for something to find out specific people. What website do you use in this case?
What exactly are you looking for? You said you are looking to find out specific people, do you want to find a specific person, or find something specific out about a person? Where are you based as this will also be a major factor in information people can send to help aid your search.

I have a question...how much is known about the international sex trade?

Always when I hear about young missing ppl there is talks about the sex ring ... but do we know where they operate.... or like any information what country they tend to keep kids.. because I know from germany and other countries that if there are ppl amongst us running around with abducted kids 99% of the public wouldn't be aware of it... and maybe we should bring more awareness to the areas that tend to have a higher number of "trade relations" .... I dk if this is reasonable or anything ... but it goes through my mind every time.

They're everywhere, Charlene. Every single country has paedophile groups of some sort that exploit children into these disgusting rings. The bigger the country the more likely there is to be more than one active ring. Places like Thailand are more likely to have rings active there because people tend to sell their kids for money, there was a big case around this a few years ago, a guy named Peter Scully. He would buy kids from poor parents, I'm not even going to go into what he did because it's just too horrific. The reason I mention Thailand is that they are less likely to be reported, but the US, UK, Canada, Australia and so on all have their own cases.

Hello everyone!

I am a new member here, but I have frequently read WebSleuth forums and threads in the past.

I specifically have a question about an old Clatsop County murder case. I have tried Googling it, and even though I remember more or less the whole story, I can't find it.

In summary, I believe it was a decade or two ago. Two young men went to the beach with a young woman. One of the young men was slightly mentally challenged. He helped to tie up the young woman, and stood by while the other young man molested her. She ended up dying, which, if I remember rightly, may have been accidental. They buried her near the beach, under a clump of grass.

The mentally challenged young man was a volunteer with the sheriff's department, and actually became involved in the disappearance case, even going so far as to interview the deceased's family members. He eventually was able to lead the investigators to where the body was buried. They realized he had been involved. Now, if I remember rightly, he was related to someone in the local power structure. I believe it was a sheriff. In turn for him testifying, he was let off of all charges of involvement in the murder. It caused a significant fracas.

I can't remember his name, but I remember his nickname: Ty. I think it may have been spelled a bit differently, though. Tye, or maybe Ti. Through the years, he has been known to search his name online, find people who mention him, and start aggressive online campaigns against them.

Oddly enough, he also has volunteered for search efforts for a handful of other missing person cases over the years... Usually leading people to bring up his past history, which again inflames things.

The last search that I am aware of that he was involved in was for Brianna Judge, the young lady who disappeared from Jewell, Oregon, leaving only her boots on a bridge. (Tragically, her body was later found in the Nehalem River.)

I have been trying for some time to find the details of that old murder. I am 90% sure it was in Clatsop County, but I hate to admit it's possible it was somewhere else along the Oregon coast.

Does anyone have any memory of what I'm talking about? I've tried to search for it by using all the details I remember, but everything either pulls up recent information, or seems to not be online anymore.

I hope someone can help me here...

Thanks,

Bailey

Hey Bailey,

You are thinking of the disappearance and murder of 15 year old
Dorene Raterman

Here's the link from 1988 newspaper article
Beach Town Angered, Frustrated by Girl's Disappearance

You were right, it was Clatsop County.

Hello everyone!

I am a new member here, but I have frequently read WebSleuth forums and threads in the past.

I specifically have a question about an old Clatsop County murder case. I have tried Googling it, and even though I remember more or less the whole story, I can't find it.

In summary, I believe it was a decade or two ago. Two young men went to the beach with a young woman. One of the young men was slightly mentally challenged. He helped to tie up the young woman, and stood by while the other young man molested her. She ended up dying, which, if I remember rightly, may have been accidental. They buried her near the beach, under a clump of grass.

The mentally challenged young man was a volunteer with the sheriff's department, and actually became involved in the disappearance case, even going so far as to interview the deceased's family members. He eventually was able to lead the investigators to where the body was buried. They realized he had been involved. Now, if I remember rightly, he was related to someone in the local power structure. I believe it was a sheriff. In turn for him testifying, he was let off of all charges of involvement in the murder. It caused a significant fracas.

I can't remember his name, but I remember his nickname: Ty. I think it may have been spelled a bit differently, though. Tye, or maybe Ti. Through the years, he has been known to search his name online, find people who mention him, and start aggressive online campaigns against them.

Oddly enough, he also has volunteered for search efforts for a handful of other missing person cases over the years... Usually leading people to bring up his past history, which again inflames things.

The last search that I am aware of that he was involved in was for Brianna Judge, the young lady who disappeared from Jewell, Oregon, leaving only her boots on a bridge. (Tragically, her body was later found in the Nehalem River.)

I have been trying for some time to find the details of that old murder. I am 90% sure it was in Clatsop County, but I hate to admit it's possible it was somewhere else along the Oregon coast.

Does anyone have any memory of what I'm talking about? I've tried to search for it by using all the details I remember, but everything either pulls up recent information, or seems to not be online anymore.

I hope someone can help me here...

Thanks,

Bailey

Thank you! That is exactly the case I was remembering... I spent a handful of straight days looking for that without being able to find it.

Thanks so much for responding!

I am writing an article about clusters of missing and murdered sex workers in the United States. So far my research pulled up New York, Ohio, Kentucky, Louisiana. However, I thought it might help me pinpoint more areas if I asked my fellow Websleuthers for some help. If you know of any unsolved crimes against sex workers, please let me know. My inbox is open to anyone who has information to share. All sources will be cited in any work I publish for as many pieces I write.

There were a series of murders in the Detroit Metro area, very specific I am going from memory here so .... I believe sex workers over 40 African American women. MOO Best of luck with your search

Thank you. I will add your information to the list. I just found Mesa Arizona to go along with the others.

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm going away for a short time and need to deregister so that my inbox isn't flooded....could you tell me how to do this please

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm going away for a short time and need to deregister so that my inbox isn't flooded....could you tell me how to do this please

I’m not sure if you can do register, but you can go into your settings and turn off emails

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back