Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey folks. Can anyone help me?

Earlier today I was reading through some cases, and I read one about a woman missing, presumed dead who had been having an affair with a married police officer and that the police officer was the original investigator of her death. Woman was 10 week pregnant when she disappeared. She left 3 (if I remember correctly) children behind when she disappeared.

Does anyone know WHO that woman was? Because I cannot remember and can't seem to find it again but there was something I wanted to double look at......

Earlier today I was reading through some cases, and I read one about a woman missing, presumed dead who had been having an affair with a married police officer and that the police officer was the original investigator of her death. Woman was 10 week pregnant when she disappeared. She left 3 (if I remember correctly) children behind when she disappeared.

Does anyone know WHO that woman was? Because I cannot remember and can't seem to find it again but there was something I wanted to double look at......

Hi airplanelamp,

I'm not sure what case it is, hopefully some of our other members can help you out with the name of the case. Do you remember if it was in the missing forum?

Sorry I'm not much help hopefully someone will know.

Ima

I don't know if this would be the right place for this question, but I figured it's worth a shot...I am a graduate student in Criminology with a concentration in Criminal Behavior Analysis. As my Master's Thesis (and because of my own passion for solving crime, particularly cases about missing young women in our country), I have decided to pen a book about eight missing young ladies and the details of their still-unsolved cases. So far, I have reached out to a parent of a missing young girl who I intend to be the first chapter of my book. She at first said she wanted to talk to me, but then said her attorney said that she shouldn't, and that I cannot use her daughter's name or write about her at all in my book. My question is, is this true? Can an attorney truly prevent me from writing a book about a public case, so long as the facts I am using are factual, public ones? Or am I looking at a lawsuit if I do? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bumping this up, we have several lawyers that are members here, hopefully one of them will see your question and be able to answer it.

Ima

That was in the Unclaimed section today...they were thinking she was a match for a UID, I think.

That was in the Unclaimed section today...they were thinking she was a match for a UID, I think.

Any idea which unclaimed? I spent 2 hours last night re looking and could not find where I'd read it. I do think you are right about the unclaimeds.

Just looked for ya.

Rachel Nicole Good. Check Charley Project for her.
HTH

Not sure if this is the place to ask?
Just now looking for info on crosses in the Jessica Ridgeway case I came across an endangered missing adult on the Charley Project page. I googled his name and found him living in another state. He is using the same name. He is (re?) married. He does have multiple mugshots from multiple states since he's been missing. I believe from his wifes fb posts he is currently incarcerated or in some kind of rehab, not sure which. His missing persons report says he was married and also that he had a medical condition. So my question is.....do I report it? Is he just trying to leave his old life behind for some reason and I should leave it alone? Could the Charley Project site still have his listed as missing as a mistake?

Not sure if this is the place to ask?
Just now looking for info on crosses in the Jessica Ridgeway case I came across an endangered missing adult on the Charley Project page. I googled his name and found him living in another state. He is using the same name. He is (re?) married. He does have multiple mugshots from multiple states since he's been missing. I believe from his wifes fb posts he is currently incarcerated or in some kind of rehab, not sure which. His missing persons report says he was married and also that he had a medical condition. So my question is.....do I report it? Is he just trying to leave his old life behind for some reason and I should leave it alone? Could the Charley Project site still have his listed as missing as a mistake?

Hi insatiable!

If it were me, yes I would report it to law enforcement. If it is the case of not wanting to be found at least LE will know and decide what to do from there.

Ima

We are looking for any info on kelly moriarty and doris carter of tampa florida . Missing since 12-16-11 . Doris i our mother and we want to bring her home

We are looking for any info on kelly moriarty and doris carter of tampa florida . Missing since 12-16-11 . Doris i our mother and we want to bring her home

Hi CRAIG12065,

We do have a couple threads on Kelly and Doris, didn't know if you had been on either one yet or not.

Kelly Moriarty thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161152&highlight=kelly+moriarty
Doris Carter thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167185&highlight=kelly+moriarty

Good to have you with us. I'm sorry its under these circumstances though. I hope you get to bring your Mom home soon!

Ima

ETA... here is another link to a thread about this case too.

Tourists Find Severed Leg Outside Fla. Rental Home
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158565&highlight=kelly+moriarty

I was just reading this thread now its saying "you do not have permission to access this page"..come on whats going on? and how can I continue to read the thread. I saw the were talking about privacy for the member who lives in the building but don't us members who have been here for years have a right to view threads like this??

I'm lost here?

I was just reading this thread now its saying "you do not have permission to access this page"..come on whats going on? and how can I continue to read the thread. I saw the were talking about privacy for the member who lives in the building but don't us members who have been here for years have a right to view threads like this??

I'm lost here?

Hi VenusRules6,

I'm hoping you are able to get into the thread now, sorry about not getting back with you. I just now seen your question.

Most of the time if it says you do not have permission its because the thread has been pulled to the Mod area for review, its usually put back out within a few hours anyhow.

Ima

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is a thread started on this young man:

http://mycountry955.com/have-you-seen-this-young-man-jeff-brost/

http://www.kxlf.com/news/help-asked-in-search-for-missing-man/

I did a search and didn't see one, but I am not sure how to go about starting one for him?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Hello Idon'tneedthesame :)

I didn't see a thread on him either. I will work on getting one up for him. May take me a few but I'll get it up.

Ima

I have been on here for a year and a half and followed several missing people and participated in a few...however, when registering, I chose a less than optimal username (pjessie). Anyone that knows me would know who I am....I am not trying to hide anything and I have no links to anyone in any of the cases I've ever read, but I would like to change my username so that my posts are not detected by people I work with, etc.
Is there a place or person that can change it or do I need to delete and recreate my account? Can I use the same email with the new account? TIA.
pjessie

I have been on here for a year and a half and followed several missing people and participated in a few...however, when registering, I chose a less than optimal username (pjessie). Anyone that knows me would know who I am....I am not trying to hide anything and I have no links to anyone in any of the cases I've ever read, but I would like to change my username so that my posts are not detected by people I work with, etc.
Is there a place or person that can change it or do I need to delete and recreate my account? Can I use the same email with the new account? TIA.
pjessie

Contact me privately and I'll help you. :)

Of late (as of, in fact, yesterday) I've found that, upon posting a thread, I can no longer tell if it's been posted upon via the easy method of noting bold-faced type in its appearance under New Posts, etc. etc., due to the fact that the thread title now stays bold-faced no matter if there are new posts or not. Threads I haven't started maintain the old faithful standard of bold-faced/un-bold-faced. Have I angered the forum gods?

Of late (as of, in fact, yesterday) I've found that, upon posting a thread, I can no longer tell if it's been posted upon via the easy method of noting bold-faced type in its appearance under New Posts, etc. etc., due to the fact that the thread title now stays bold-faced no matter if there are new posts or not. Threads I haven't started maintain the old faithful standard of bold-faced/un-bold-faced. Have I angered the forum gods?

BBM...

LOL wfgodot. I'm not sure but I'll alert so maybe one of the other Mods or Admin can tell us.

Ima

Problem continues. On another thread katydid23 also indicated she was having the same issue. Hints, tips, suggestions - all welcome.

Actually, the problem has gotten worse as it now includes threads I have not posted myself, just posted upon.

Yikes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back