Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if this is the place to post it, but I'm having a hard time creating threads. I have a question about a case.

I'm sure someone here the forums knows of the individual I'm inquiring about.

I've been trying to think of a case, it was aired on tv as well, maybe Forensic Files or Cold Case Files or something along those lines.

It was an unusual one.

A man was sentenced to either death or (or life in prison) for a murder conviction he didn't commit. Then through DNA evidence the man was exonerated and I think received some sort of settlement through the state. In a sadly ironic twist, after the man was set free he killed a woman and was subsequently convicted for the crime.

I believe the geographical area was somewhere in the south.

Does anybody know whom I'm talking about? I was looking for information on the case.

I don't know if this is the place to post it, but I'm having a hard time creating threads. I have a question about a case.

I'm sure someone here the forums knows of the individual I'm inquiring about.

I've been trying to think of a case, it was aired on tv as well, maybe Forensic Files or Cold Case Files or something along those lines.

It was an unusual one.

A man was sentenced to either death or (or life in prison) for a murder conviction he didn't commit. Then through DNA evidence the man was exonerated and I think received some sort of settlement through the state. In a sadly ironic twist, after the man was set free he killed a woman and was subsequently convicted for the crime.

I believe the geographical area was somewhere in the south.

Does anybody know whom I'm talking about? I was looking for information on the case.

Hi vampirevsrobot!

I'm sorry I don't know that answer to your question here hopefully one of our members can answer your question, however you also said you were having trouble starting threads? In order to start a thread you have to have a minimum of 50 posts after that you will be able to start threads. If you need help posting a thread sooner then let me know, I'm happy to help out.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Ima

Hi all - I have an unusual question and I hope this is a good place to ask it.

A year or so ago, I thought that I found a pretty solid match between an unidentified woman and a very well known missing person's case. I submitted the information to the authorities in NAMUS and the match was promptly ruled out and the name I submitted was added to the exclusions list in an extremely short amount of time.

My question is this. . . "How reliable is are the exclusions lists found in NAMUS?"

Are there any cases where someone was excluded too soon and eventually found to be a match?

Hi all - I have an unusual question and I hope this is a good place to ask it.

A year or so ago, I thought that I found a pretty solid match between an unidentified woman and a very well known missing person's case. I submitted the information to the authorities in NAMUS and the match was promptly ruled out and the name I submitted was added to the exclusions list in an extremely short amount of time.

My question is this. . . "How reliable is are the exclusions lists found in NAMUS?"

Are there any cases where someone was excluded too soon and eventually found to be a match?

I'm not an expert on NAMUS, but I don't know of any cases where someone was excluded and then found to be a match.

I'm not an expert on NAMUS, but I don't know of any cases where someone was excluded and then found to be a match.

It's very perplexing and a little disturbing to think about. That a match might have been made but then prematurely dismissed or excluded with no (or little) chance for another examination in the future.

Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions;
How and where do I submit a possible match of an unidentified person?
Is there somewhere to see who has been checked and eliminated for a match on an unidentified person?
Is there anything about Helen Brach on WS? The search option doesn't work for me, so if there has been a discussion about her I'd appreciate a link to it, Please.
Thanks, Pat

Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions;
How and where do I submit a possible match of an unidentified person?
Is there somewhere to see who has been checked and eliminated for a match on an unidentified person?
Is there anything about Helen Brach on WS? The search option doesn't work for me, so if there has been a discussion about her I'd appreciate a link to it, Please.
Thanks, Pat

Hi SilverCat :smile:

The Unidentified Forum

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-The-Unidentified

Matches & Resolved

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?488-Matches-amp-Resolved

Identified

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?407-Identified!

I am pretty sure that once you get at the 50 post count you will be able to do searches. It doesn't take long. You can also go down to the game room and get your post count up pretty quick.

:welcome4:

Ima

Hello wonderful people! Happy New Year! I am a new member but have been reading for over 2 years & listen to Tricia's radio shows & Levi's when he was on & enjoy & respect very much what you do here. I feel like I know some of you already from reading. I had some problems with getting around here & am hoping this is the right place to just ask a general question- When will the radio shows start again? I have seen nothing listed since 12/15. Thanks so much. Hoping to get an avatar up soon. :seeya:

Is there any way to let Renee Hartevelt get her justice?

I'm really really sad and angry ever since I heard the story of the Japanese cannibal(He killed, dismembered and at this poor girl). He was able to walk free thanks to the French and Japanese court's wrong doing. The poor victim never gets her justice. Is there any possible way to help her get justice?

Hi and thank you for a place to ask questions. I've been following the Randy Leach disappearance. He was from Linwood, Kansas and has been missing since April 16, 1988. In his story there is a man mentioned by the name of Matt Zimmerman. Any input of any kind will be greatly appreciated. Paula

Personally, with all the weirdos running around, I would have the police come look at them. Just my opinion. Paula

Is there any way to let Renee Hartevelt get her justice?

I'm really really sad and angry ever since I heard the story of the Japanese cannibal(He killed, dismembered and at this poor girl). He was able to walk free thanks to the French and Japanese court's wrong doing. The poor victim never gets her justice. Is there any possible way to help her get justice?

Hi Tempst :smile:

It does get very frustrating and disheartening at times when it comes to justice. :hug: Did this case happen in Japan?

Hi and thank you for a place to ask questions. I've been following the Randy Leach disappearance. He was from Linwood, Kansas and has been missing since April 16, 1988. In his story there is a man mentioned by the name of Matt Zimmerman. Any input of any kind will be greatly appreciated. Paula

I went over to read some of Randy's case. What an odd situation. Very sad :(

I would suggest you contact law enforcement and give them the information you feel is important. If you go to the sites with his case on it, like the Charley Project they have contact info there.

Ima

I went over to read some of Randy's case. What an odd situation. Very sad :(

I would suggest you contact law enforcement and give them the information you feel is important. If you go to the sites with his case on it, like the Charley Project they have contact info there.

Ima

Here are the links...

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/721790/1

More links:

The Charley Project

Namus

What happened to Randy Leach

Thank you for the links for Randy. I have another question. The house that Randy came up missing from burned to the ground a short time later. I am hunting for the fire department or police report on this. Also, any information on Raymond and Joe Briscoe. Paula

Hello, Not sure if this is even something there is a place for here at WS (but if not here, I wouldn't know where else!)...a Facebook friend shared a set of pictures today and a post from a woman in AZ who is trying to assist a mentally disabled homeless man. She has known him for some years, assesses his mental capacity at about 8 years old (he appears to have physical limitations, as well). He is *lost*. Her post states he was taking a Greyhound bus "home" (maybe Springfield, MO) and he got lost in a transfer and has been homeless every since. I am new to all of this...but I have to think there is a registry for lost persons. Is there a forum for that here? I thought I might message her on FB and ask her what research, if any, she has done so far. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Hello, Not sure if this is even something there is a place for here at WS (but if not here, I wouldn't know where else!)...a Facebook friend shared a set of pictures today and a post from a woman in AZ who is trying to assist a mentally disabled homeless man. She has known him for some years, assesses his mental capacity at about 8 years old (he appears to have physical limitations, as well). He is *lost*. Her post states he was taking a Greyhound bus "home" (maybe Springfield, MO) and he got lost in a transfer and has been homeless every since. I am new to all of this...but I have to think there is a registry for lost persons. Is there a forum for that here? I thought I might message her on FB and ask her what research, if any, she has done so far. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Hi ANonyMs :smile:

We don't have anything here at WS that handles anything like this. You may want to give her these links to see if he is on any of the missing lists. If she hasn't contact Law Enforcement she may want to consider doing that as well.

Arizona

This has links to the missing for AZ and a thread for Advocates and Crime Victim Resources. We also have a thread with links to

different Law Enforcement Agencies.

Link to MO...

Missouri
Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us. :wagon:

Ima

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads