Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find information about a case I remember reading about of a woman who was found dead after - I think - claiming she was getting phone calls from and/or being stalked by the CIA or FBI (I'm not entirely sure which - if either of them, the case was in America.) I'm pretty sure it was sometime in the 2000s. I definitely remember reading about it online but I cannot for the life of me remember any more concrete details. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hi, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find information about a case I remember reading about of a woman who was found dead after - I think - claiming she was getting phone calls from and/or being stalked by the CIA or FBI (I'm not entirely sure which - if either of them, the case was in America.) I'm pretty sure it was sometime in the 2000s. I definitely remember reading about it online but I cannot for the life of me remember any more concrete details. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hi pingu! Welcome to Websleuths! I'm not familiar with any cases like that but some of our our members may be and hopefully they will post it here if they have any ideas.

:wagon:

Ima

Hello, I am pretty new to this forum. I found you by following the Nathan O'Brien case. However I have a friend that was murdered here in Las Vegas and not much has been done with his case. I wondered how you start a thread about a case to see if anyone has ideas or suggestions on what to do or how I can help bring resolution to the case for his family. Any suggestions appreciated, Lisa

Hi Lisap2003, it's possible he may already have a thread here. What's his name and I'll do a search for you? If you would rather send me a PM that's fine too.

Hi Lisa :)

Can you pm me the info on your friend? I searched but didn't see a thread on him. I also tried clicking on the FB page you linked to but couldn't get it to come up. I'm happy to help if you can pm info on him.

Ima

I am new to the forum, but there is a case that was in the news back in March that still bothers me. I can't find anything on WS about it, and I am not sure if it would be against the rules to post about it since the DA has decided not to press charges. I also do not have sufficient privileges to start a thread, and I'm not sure where this would go anyway. What can you tell me about getting a thread for Joanna Miller of East Norriton, PA?

In a nutshell, a PA state trooper "accidentally" shot his pregnant wife in the head killing her and their unborn baby. No charges were filed.

http://www.timesherald.com/general-...state-troopers-wife-an-accident#disqus_thread

The Hannah Graham thread seems to have turned into a defend the POI thread. There is so much defense of him. My question is, is this normal? I wasn't a WS member when the whole Caylee Anthony tragedy happened so it makes me wonder if Casey Anthony had so many vehement supporters when she was refusing to talk to LE, taking them on wild goose chases, etc. I guess I'm trying to figure out if this just goes with the territory and is the norm. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this and a huge thanks to the Mods for keeping that thread under control. It has to be a huge time consuming job.

The Hannah Graham thread seems to have turned into a defend the POI thread. There is so much defense of him. My question is, is this normal? I wasn't a WS member when the whole Caylee Anthony tragedy happened so it makes me wonder if Casey Anthony had so many vehement supporters when she was refusing to talk to LE, taking them on wild goose chases, etc. I guess I'm trying to figure out if this just goes with the territory and is the norm. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this and a huge thanks to the Mods for keeping that thread under control. It has to be a huge time consuming job.

Hi CatsInTheCradle :)

I think its pretty normal in the beginning. We certainly have a wide variety of members with differences in opinions no doubt about it. As long as its all done within our terms and we respect each other opinions it works out pretty good. Your right the Mods have been doing a fantastic job on Hannah's threads.

10733979_10152411406851581_3705002819888918996_n.jpg

I found these pictures in the top of my garage, they look like newspaper clippings. Anyway I can find out who the people in them are or what this could be from?

View attachment 62277

I found these pictures in the top of my garage, they look like newspaper clippings. Anyway I can find out who the people in them are or what this could be from?

The pictures don't look newspaper clippings to me. They appear to be attached to roof joists that are probably 2x6. Actual size of a 2x6 is 1 1/2" x 5 1/4".

Those pictures are color photos at least 5 inches long. I don't think that a newspaper would publish photos like that.

I have no idea how you can identify those people. JMO.

Pretty sure this is not the right place for my question, so apologies in advance. Earlier this year, my old jr high/high school best friend lost her adult child to a violent crime in another state (the death penalty is being sought)-although we had chosen different life paths and had not seen each other in years, we reconnected at the funeral. I told her to reach out to me whenever, and subsequently talked with her on the phone, visited her home, gave her rides, attended mass together etc, and she seemed to be making 'babysteps' in adjusting to the loss. Then a couple months later, her other adult child was in a terrible MVA, and was not expected to survive the injuries. After the child was finally discharged from the hospital, my friend began to exhibit bizarre behaviors-arrests for making false reports to police and brawling, accusations and threats of lawsuits against local public officials, heavy drinking, stealing. It became so bad that she was involuntarily admitted (liklely court ordered) for in-patient psych treatment. I am certain she will contact me on discharge. To me, old ties run deep, and I do want to be there for her, but honestly, I am afraid she may fabricate some wild story and have me arrested or sue me, or even assault me. Does anyone have any tips or experience in dealing the families of victims of violent crimes? Was this a type of grief reaction? What can I do to help her while not jeopardizing my own safety?

Hi CNYRN98!

Wow, I am so sorry your going thru all of this. You sound like a very kind person and a very good friend. The FBI has a page dealing with this, and they have several links that may help you and your friend.

They have a long list of places to contact for victim assistance programs

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/victim_assistance/coping
Coping with Crime Victimization

Coping with Crime Victimization

Anyone can become a victim of a crime. If it happens to you or someone you love, here are some important points to remember:

Being a victim of a crime can be a very difficult and stressful experience. While most people are naturally resilient and over time will find ways to cope and adjust, there can be a wide range of after effects to a trauma. One person may experience many of the effects, a few, or none at all. Not everyone has the same reaction. In some people the reaction may be delayed days, weeks, or even months. Some victims may think they are “going crazy,” when they are having a normal reaction to an abnormal event.

Getting back to normal can be a difficult process after a personal experience of this kind, especially for victims of violent crime and families of murder victims. Learning to understand and feel more at ease with the intense feelings can help victims better cope with what happened.

Victims may need to seek help from friends, family, a member of the clergy, a counselor, or a victim assistance professional.

Hope this helps and maybe some of our other members will have some ideas too. {{{hugs}}}

Ima

Ima-Thank you so much for your kind response. I read the info on the link, and found it to be useful, informative, and it validated that what I was doing with her prior to the breakdown was appropriate. I am hoping that the help she is currently receiving from the mental health professionals will be effective-I know the upcoming holidays are going to be so awful for her.

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. It must be especially painful during Holiday season.

The link you provided seemed to be broken, but I believe this may be the same information here:

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2006/11/111806-coping-with-holidays-when.html

I don't post here much (more of a lurker) but have been a member for a few years-and am amazed by the people here at WS, the intelligence, compassion, and support. A place where survivors and families feel comfortable enough to speak honestly without judgement or harassment.
I have visited other boards that address similar sensitive and volatile topics, and the conversation often seems to deteriorate to pointless arguing, name calling/profanity and creative punishments for the accused. Many thanks to all involved here for encouraging respectful exchange of ideas and high spirited debate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back