Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phones

John says there were three lines. Two lines for the regular phone and one line for the modem. He says there's a line in the sunroom, kitchen, study, his office and basement. I'll count the master bedroom.. The phones were attached to the doorbell so you'd have to have them on the 2nd floor too. He also said that they all didn't work.

Specifically, was there a line in JAR's room? This was where Patsy was recovering from Chemo so this would be a logical place for the phone. Plus it was often referred to as their priest's room so there's another reason to have a working phone there. Does anyone know if there was one there?

Bedroom door locks

Many indoor doors have what are referred to as bathroom door locks. They lock on one side with a button, but a butter knife will unlock the other side when needed. Does anyone if any of the doors on level 2 had these locks to the bedrooms?

I often have a question regarding this case but never know where to post it. There are hundreds of threads and I can't look through all of them to find an appropriate one.

Maybe a sticky thread dedicate to 'quick questions' would be appropriate?

My current quick question is regarding Michael Helgoth. I am being challenged on another forum by somebody who is stating that all the evidence points to him being the killer.

Can somebody please give me some information on this man. There's very little on the internet about him.

Thank you.

I have a tendency to dismiss all IDI stuff, so I don't know too much about Helgoth.. just that he was a pervert with a Barbie doll thing, who wore a cap or T-shirt inscribed with "SBTC", had Hi-Tec boots, and then committed suicide that some thought might be murder. It doesn't really matter what suspect they throw at you - there was no intruder.

If you do an Advanced Search and type in Helgoth, search titles only, select the JBR forum, then hit Search - that will give you previous threads for him. HTH

How are you seeing the bike seat? It's behind the armchair. I think you might be looking at the top of the armchair that curves around on each side of their shoulders.

Look at the handlebars of both bikes. I think they are different.

I see no difference in the handle bars. They are both straight with a slight curve toward the body of the bike. There were only 2 bikes by all reports up until recently, now the story has changed to 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see no difference in the handle bars. They are both straight with a slight curve toward the body of the bike. There were only 2 bikes by all reports up until recently, now the story has changed to 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we seeing the same thing? I can't see any curve on this handlebar

attachment.php

Attachments

• jb bike handles.png
    jb bike handles.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 798
I often have a question regarding this case but never know where to post it. There are hundreds of threads and I can't look through all of them to find an appropriate one.

Maybe a sticky thread dedicate to 'quick questions' would be appropriate?

My current quick question is regarding Michael Helgoth. I am being challenged on another forum by somebody who is stating that all the evidence points to him being the killer.

Can somebody please give me some information on this man. There's very little on the internet about him.

Thank you.
Helgoth is just one of many "suspects" that Team Ramsey has trotted out to try and cast suspicion anywhere but on the only three people known to be in the house when JonBenet was killed. He (along with all the others) have been investigated and dropped from any "umbrella of suspicion" (unlike the Ramseys). Ollie Gray and John San Augustin keep trying to tie him and another to this. But all of the "evidence" they claim to have turned over to investigators has been checked and dismissed. Still they keep trying. Here is an article from 2004, where they tried it:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jonbenet-dna-rules-out-parents/

...and again in 2006:
http://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/23/jonbents-death-echoes-after-decade/

...and still again just this year in April, 2016:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ild-beauty-queen-s-parents.html#ixzz45j5bPXT9

BTW, a few good tidbits in the 2006 article... "(Mary) Lacy said she won’t completely remove anyone from a list of persons of interest until someone is charged with the murder." :floorlaugh: Really? (Hello, letter of apology.)

Also, the comment about JonBenet being someone's "savioress" was not Helgoth. That was Gary Oliva. From that 2006 article, he (Oliva) was quoted as saying: “I want people to know how JonBenét saved my life because of what happened to her. I claim JonBenét to be my lordess and savioress.”

Other peripheral characters you'll hear about and things they did that get confused amongst them are Michael McElroy (the Barbie bondage guy), Chris Wolf (who has been said to own Hi-Tec boots and a baseball cap with the letters SBTC on it -- and living proof of why not to piss off a jilted lover), and JT Colfax (just plain weird). Things like this case bring out all the nutcases (JMK) and people who have a grudge to try and settle by trying to cast suspicion on someone they feel has wronged them. But being a nut or a sleazeball is not enough to make any one of them a murderer.

JonBenet, as we know, is a mixture of John's first two names, with a French accent added.

I can't help wondering what would have happened if Patsy had married a man with a two names that didn't lend themselves to being 'Frenchified'.

For instance, what would she have named her daughter if she had married a man named Elmer Pratt Ramsey?

(You can tell I'm bored today).

Phones

John says there were three lines. Two lines for the regular phone and one line for the modem. He says there's a line in the sunroom, kitchen, study, his office and basement. I'll count the master bedroom.. The phones were attached to the doorbell so you'd have to have them on the 2nd floor too. He also said that they all didn't work.

Specifically, was there a line in JAR's room? This was where Patsy was recovering from Chemo so this would be a logical place for the phone. Plus it was often referred to as their priest's room so there's another reason to have a working phone there. Does anyone know if there was one there?

Bedroom door locks

Many indoor doors have what are referred to as bathroom door locks. They lock on one side with a button, but a butter knife will unlock the other side when needed. Does anyone if any of the doors on level 2 had these locks to the bedrooms?

As I’m viewing this photo of JAR’s bedroom, it looks as though there is a cord dangling in front of the night stand. JR’s statement in the ’98 interview suggested there was a phone in JAR’s room which he references as PR’s room - I think there was phone in Patsy's room.

phoneinjarroom.jpg

In connection to this topic there was once a report in one of the tabloids which was never verified, but caught my eye as it mentioned an email. As most everyone knows there was both truth and gossip printed in the tabloids in the early years. Many times because they were paying for information, they did end up with material prior to the mainstream newspapers. After the publishing of PMPT Schiller appeared in a chat sponsored by Barnes and Noble. The listeners in the chat room were presenting written questions to Schiller to extract additional information not in his book. One of the questions was to verify the information within the tabloid which indicated that a late night email was sent from BR’s computer on December 25/26. Unfortunately Schiller never answered whether it was true or not.

:thinking: Hard not to wonder a little more about the Atlanta break-in in which JR's laptop was stolen.

As I’m viewing this photo of JAR’s bedroom, it looks as though there is a cord dangling in front of the night stand. JR’s statement in the ’98 interview suggested there was a phone in JAR’s room which he references as PR’s room - I think there was phone in Patsy's room.

attachment.php

In connection to this topic there was once a report in one of the tabloids which was never verified, but caught my eye as it mentioned an email. As most everyone knows there was both truth and gossip printed in the tabloids in the early years. Many times because they were paying for information, they did end up with material prior to the mainstream newspapers. After the publishing of PMPT Schiller appeared in a chat sponsored by Barnes and Noble. The listeners in the chat room were presenting written questions to Schiller to extract additional information not in his book. One of the questions was to verify the information within the tabloid which indicated that a late night email was sent from BR’s computer on December 25/26. Unfortunately Schiller never answered whether it was true or not.

:thinking: Hard not to wonder a little more about the Atlanta break-in in which JR's laptop was stolen.

Is that correct? Or did you mean to type JR's computer?

I have a question. Does anyone know when and in what setting the Ramseys changed the details that they'd given detectives on December 26th?

1. That JR had read to JBR when they got home.
2. That JBR was not wearing the red top.

Was it before their 1997 interviews?

Thank you. This detail was driving me crazy. It makes sense given that this was Patsy's recovery room. She would have the opportunity to talk to her loved ones.

I have a question. Does anyone know when and in what setting the Ramseys changed the details that they'd given detectives on December 26th?

1. That JR had read to JBR when they got home.
2. That JBR was not wearing the red top.

Was it before their 1997 interviews?

"Detective Arndt’s initial report supported Officer French, however: 'JonBenét had last been seen wearing a red turtleneck and white long underwear.'"

Woodward, Paula. We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later (Kindle Locations 1441-1442). Easton Studio Press, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Officer French and Linda Arndt stated that JB was put the bed wearing the red top in their police reports. This was one of the reasons Woodward was going after LA and Officer French. Their reports had to be discredited. It all boils down to what John and Patsy told the officer and the detective before the body was found.

"Detective Arndt’s initial report supported Officer French, however: 'JonBenét had last been seen wearing a red turtleneck and white long underwear.'"

Officer French and Linda Arndt stated that JB was put the bed wearing the red top in their police reports. This was one of the reasons Woodward was going after LA and Officer French. Their reports had to be discredited. It all boils down to what John and Patsy told the officer and the detective before the body was found.

Why would the officers lie?

And John and Patsy's memories of the night before would have been fresh in their minds when they were talking to the police officers on that fateful morning.

Woodward, Paula. We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later (Kindle Locations 1441-1442). Easton Studio Press, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Do you know how this was resolved BB?
Did JR also say she was wearing a red top to LA/French on Dec 26th?
Was PR ever asked (as far as we know) why she made this statement that was incorrect to LA/French?
Or did she just deny ever having said that and if so when/how did she deny it - was it through her lawyer perhaps?
And the same for reading to JB, how and when did JR change his story to say they had it wrong and he had read to himself?

I suppose my question is really this - why does it go straight to accepting a different account of what happened and what she was wearing, without questioning (that I've seen) on why there are discrepancies with the initial police statements?

I don't know if this is possible at all, but instead of being hit in the head, is it possible that JB fell on something hard or hit something hard? Maybe she was playing on the top of the staircase and fell down or something.

I don't know if this is possible at all, but instead of being hit in the head, is it possible that JB fell on something hard or hit something hard? Maybe she was playing on the top of the staircase and fell down or something.

I'd find it hard to believe that they would not have called an ambulance if that was the case.

So instead of calling for an ambulance they decide to garrote her?

I'm not sure that falling downstairs would split a skull in two. I can't say for sure, but it would probably be more likely that she would have broken her neck.

I can see only one reason they didn't call for an ambulance - because they could see she had been garrotted. How could they explain that away to the police?

They HAD to invent an intruder - to save their son (and their millionaire lifestyle)

I suppose my question is really this - why does it go straight to accepting a different account of what happened and what she was wearing, without questioning (that I've seen) on why there are discrepancies with the initial police statements?

Tortoise,
This is what BPD detectives want. When the case gets to court, the R's would be cross-examined on these points.

A change from the red top to the white gap top is entirely consistent with the R's re staging an already staged crime scene.

JR tried the same trick with how he interpreted the basement layout, he saw this, saw that, did this, hint hint to Lou Smit, etc.

Except Fleet White caught him out over the suitcase, JonBenet, and the chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member