Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
otg, what's your opinion on the possibility of the weapon being the trophy in the video?

otg, what's your opinion on the possibility of the weapon being the trophy in the video?
I think it's more likely to be that than it is the Maglite. It's hard to tell simply by the picture, not knowing how much of it is plastic and its overall weight. But I'm sure you know I think whatever caused the depressed fracture was a cylindrical object between 1/2" to 1" in diameter. I believe there might be such a surface on one of the trophies.

I think it's more likely to be that than it is the Maglite. It's hard to tell simply by the picture, not knowing how much of it is plastic and its overall weight. But I'm sure you know I think whatever caused the depressed fracture was a cylindrical object between 1/2" to 1" in diameter. I believe there might be such a surface on one of the trophies.

Thank you. Do you think a hit that hard would have broken the trophy?

Thank you. Do you think a hit that hard would have broken the trophy?
That too, I think, would be dependent on its material and construction. Even if the cylindrical portion didn't break, how it hit might have caused the base to come off. Then again... maybe not. All we can do is speculate without more information. But I wouldn't rule out one of the trophies as being a possibility. All, of course, JMHO.

Pedantic? Me? Not really -- I just stay awake at night worrying I might have said something that wasn't 100% correct and accurate. :floorlaugh: Pedantic? :lol: (I've been called much worse.)

And I agree with you on all these new photos and crime scene video coming out. It truly horrified me to see that latest (?) video showing her covered body still lying on the floor under the Christmas tree waiting for the coroner to finish his evening celebration with his family before showing up to spend less than ten minutes examining her. I get mad every time I think about that.

Do you know where this video is? I don't recall seeing it. Thanks.

So, Droll... You're reading that new book by "TCDG." What's the word on it? I saw this morning that it's gotten one good review, and it's #1 in the True Crime category. What's your opinion?

Thank you for providing more clarification on the issue of a coroner needing a warrant! I wondered about that, actually.

I'm only on chapter 4 so far, but my preliminary reaction is that it's pretty good. Probably not required reading for anyone who's familiar with the case but a good primer for a newbie or refresher for the casual case follower. It's full of quotes from the other important books (Thomas, Kolar, PMPT), the Ramseys' interviews (even Burke's recent Dr. Phil interview) and other official sources. If you've spent enough time reading about the case, you will be familiar with the material.

Something I appreciate about that, though, is that they take the time to touch on aspects of the case often discussed online (such as the mysteriously oversized Bloomies or the JBR foundation) but not covered in depth in ST or JK's book. So instead of delivering a straight up rehash they do try to highlight interesting things neglected in other books I've read. Considering they haven't told me anything I don't basically already know, I've found their commentary and presentation pretty worthwhile and insightful so far.

It is refreshing that there is really no pretense that the authors think the Ramseys may be uninvolved. Which is not to say they have any stated agenda, it's just that when you lay out the facts of the case and the Ramseys' behavior after the crime, common sense will lead you right to familial involvement. To paraphrase the famous line, reality has an RDI-bias. The false assumption that there is a fifty-fifty chance of RDI or IDI plagues many "unbiased" presentations of this case (see: nearly every recent TV special), leading to a maddeningly wishy-washy analysis and a tendency to give the Ramsey version of events (there was an intruder and we were persecuted by biased police, FBI, CBI, reporters who refused to look at anyone but us) the benefit of a doubt and unnecessary airtime. But the evidence is not fifty-fifty; there is no hard "intruder" evidence to counter the vast amount of circumstantial evidence against the Ramseys. The intruder theory mostly consists of unanswered questions (e.g. where did the duct tape come from, what's the deal with all this DNA) and the aforementioned benefit of a doubt, the human urge to believe a family could not do this to their child. It's more of an intellectual exercise than a coherent theory: how can you contort and finagle the known facts to construct an alternate reality where inserting an outside entity into this crime is necessary, or even makes sense?

So I appreciate that this book does not waste the reader's time (or insult their intelligence) with that noise. At the same time, I do not see any indication that they intend to come to a conclusion as to which R is guilty of what, which is even more appreciated - that is a much more important bias to eliminate when offering an overview of this case. I haven't had a chance to look very hard at the appendices (timelines, floor plans, DNA reports/interpretation) but they look pretty good, although not groundbreaking.

So in summary, at about 1/4th of the way through I'd say it's a good resource for anyone wanting to dig into the Ramsey saga. Not a must buy for old-timers, not offering anything you couldn't find for free by researching online, certainly not perfect...but a solid, up-to-date introduction and case companion that I would have appreciated when I first got into the case.

Thanks, DFF. That's it. I'm off to buy it right now.

Speaking of books, Kolar's updated book has now changed to: "Expected to arrive after Christmas."

Just FYI!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ff.png
    ff.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 490
Hi, singularity. Thanks for all the kind words : )

One of the keys to this case is JR's missing hour and a half on the 26th. Like you, I'm convinced he spent some of that time doing something covert in the basement. But not all of the time; too risky. So where else did he go? Why?

That we don't know exactly where he was, or what doing, underscores one of the most important pieces of behavioral evidence in the case: He never accounted for that time. Now that's a striking omission when you're a prime suspect and innocent. Maybe Santa brought him an invisibility cape and he wanted to try it out. But otherwise, you'd think he'd want to give a full account of his whereabouts. But not only does JR offer no explanation, no one asks for one! Not Linda Arndt, not Patsy, apparently, nor the friends, nor the investigators, nor later interviewers. It's bizarre.

I can think of a few needing it, starting with ML and LW.

Hahaha it's funny you'd say that. You're not the only one! From ML's press conference where she had to eat crow for foisting that delusional creepball JMK on the public for no good reason:
Last night as I was preparing to leave, I received a telephone call from a gentleman in Longmont and he said (this was a voicemail). He said “You should be tarred and feathered …… and run out of town … and… I want you to call me and tell me that you’re going to resign“.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick question From jr interrogation

ST: So the morning of the 26th do you recall checking all the doors, and they were locked?
JR: I believed I checked all the first-floor doors, yeah. I did go out once. I went out to the door that leads into the garage to see if it was locked because there’s a bunch of boxes piled in front of it and you couldn’t get to it from the inside of the garage. So I did in fact go out of the house once, which would have been for, you know, half a minute.
ST: And that was from where to where?
ST: I went out the side door around to the back of the garage to see if that garage door into the garage was locked.

I am not clear with this .. If there were boxes inside behind the garage door then how could a car come in the garage from outside ?

ST: So the morning of the 26th do you recall checking all the doors, and they were locked?
JR: I believed I checked all the first-floor doors, yeah. I did go out once. I went out to the door that leads into the garage to see if it was locked because there’s a bunch of boxes piled in front of it and you couldn’t get to it from the inside of the garage. So I did in fact go out of the house once, which would have been for, you know, half a minute.
ST: I went out the side door around to the back of the garage to see if that garage door into the garage was locked.

I am not clear with this .. If there were boxes inside behind the garage door then how could a car come in the garage from outside ?

He doesn't mean the large rolling garage door, he means a side door that leads from outside into the garage.

It's this brown door with multi panes of glass I believe

colorado-jonbenet-ramsey-house-in-boulder-picture-id51060407

Since the garage has only one exterior door other than the main garage door, I think JR must have meant the door visible on the left in this photo:

backyard.jpg

When you look at the floor plan for the first floor, you can see the alcove-like area inside that door where the boxes were stacked.

18218d1213072009-jonben-t-ramsey-floor-plans-floor1.jpg

The real mystery is why he thought anyone could break in through that door when it was blocked with stacks of boxes. :waitasec:

Who was it that said there was no snow? JR?

1-fullscreen-capture-20161221-075821-pm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members