Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but I get the feeling this was said to account for a chemical smell and I also get the feeling it was around JAR's bathroom. I must have read something at one time to make me think that.

How long does it take to dye hair? Presumably there is a time it must be left on then rinsed out and possibly a conditioner applied and then hair dried and styled afterwards. She had a lot going on that day with the neighbourhood kids in the house, supervising them, packing for the cruise, wrapping bags full of gifts...I suppose it's possible, but I think it's unlikely.

An extra 30 minutes or so for a touch-up. 15 mins to apply, 15-20 mins for it to set, then rinse in the shower. After that, the rest would have been her normal routine. Presumably, she would have been showering that day before the dinner party anyway. I'm the last to defend PR, but this is really NBD, imo, because there wasn't really anything about JBR's death that was related to chemicals.

There is the possibility of rather a lot of JR's whereabouts and activities on Christmas Day being unaccounted for.

We have children getting them up super early to open presents. I think it varies from around 6 to 7 am. How long did they open presents for, let's say 2 hours to be very generous. That takes it to 8 - 9 am.

Then there is the pancake breakfast, preparation, eating and clearing away. Let's say 2 hours to be very generous. That takes it to 10 - 11 am.

Then they're not clear about what time they left for the White's, I think it varies between 4 and 5 pm. Let's say 4 pm, but that is likely to be on the early side, to leave for a dinner party. And John being out for 2 - 3 hours, let's give him an hour as well for showering and changing when he came back, making that 3 - 4 hours he has accounted for.

So, we have say 11 am, to 4 pm, being generous with allowances, that is 5 hours, and only 3 - 4 hours of that accounted for, so 1 - 2 hours unaccounted for, and in reality it is likely to be longer than that, with the day starting so early.

Why are they so evasive about what happened that day - there is no account of John playing with the kids and their new toys, he didn't even have time to take JonBenet around the block on her new bike. I think it points to a row or a longer unexplained absence (meeting with someone), especially with him not taking Burke with him to see the plane. He can't make up stuff that Burke could easily contradict and say never happened.

I think it points to a row
Me too. A dispute occurs in the morning for reasons unknown, John leaves by himself of course, Patsy just as evasive about this timeframe as well, he comes home for the trip to the Whites party, then they drive back home and the rest is history....

One of many reasons I believe it was a domestic dispute. Everything wasn't hunky dory until JOnbenet took a bite of pineapple Christmas night. The wheels were set in motion that morning.

JBR not liking her new doll
JBR not wanting to wear the red turtleneck
No photos after one or two in their pyjamas
No video recording of a happy family day, in usual matching attire
A photo of PR with red face looking like she's been crying IMO
I couldn't see the lights switched on, on the tree, but maybe that's a poor photo
No lunch, that anyone can remember
JR not playing with the children
JR not taking BR (a plane fanatic) with him to see the plane
Hours missing from his account of the day
PR still wrapping gifts but JR saying he went and loaded gifts on the plane
A missing bag of clothes for the lake, at least according to PR's account
Christmas wrapping paper from opened gifts left on the living room floor, still there next day
A planned and cancelled visit to the Fernie's
Yep.....something happened that morning for both adults to say to hell with documenting this Christmas with video even though they did that for all previous holidays. They also only took a handful of photographs which shows something interrupted that as well.

Its like everything ground to a halt....

Perhaps we should start a list of problems or indications of a potential problem, that we know about on Christmas Day.

JBR not liking her new doll
JBR not wanting to wear the red turtleneck
No photos after one or two in their pyjamas
No video recording of a happy family day, in usual matching attire
A photo of PR with red face looking like she's been crying IMO
I couldn't see the lights switched on, on the tree, but maybe that's a poor photo
No lunch, that anyone can remember
JR not playing with the children
JR not taking BR (a plane fanatic) with him to see the plane
Hours missing from his account of the day
PR still wrapping gifts but JR saying he went and loaded gifts on the plane
A missing bag of clothes for the lake, at least according to PR's account
Christmas wrapping paper from opened gifts left on the living room floor, still there next day
A planned and cancelled visit to the Fernie's

more?

Another thing, how likely is it that this wealthy woman PR dyed her own hair and didn't get it done at the hair salon? If it needed doing, why didn't she get it done before their party on 23rd, when they would be seeing so many people?

To add to the stressful schedule: According to DOI on Christmas Day PR was also making preparations for a pageant taking place the first week of January.

An extra 30 minutes or so for a touch-up. 15 mins to apply, 15-20 mins for it to set, then rinse in the shower. After that, the rest would have been her normal routine. Presumably, she would have been showering that day before the dinner party anyway. I'm the last to defend PR, but this is really NBD, imo, because there wasn't really anything about JBR's death that was related to chemicals.

Well just thinking of a possible connection, maybe those dyes come with gloves and she poured the dye down the sink to make it look like she'd dyed her hair and to account for gloves in the bin.

To add to the stressful schedule: According to DOI on Christmas Day PR was also making preparations for a pageant taking place the first week of January.

It's so strange that her memory improved years later. Perhaps she realised their day didn't add up - that she couldn't have been wrapping presents for 5 or 6 hours.

It's so strange that her memory improved years later. Perhaps she realised their day didn't add up - that she couldn't have been wrapping presents for 5 or 6 hours.

The thing that always bothered me about the wrapping presents in the wine cellar was that, it never made any sense to me. Why in the world would anyone wrap presents there? Yes, I know: she wanted to keep the presents "hidden," but how uncomfortable to sit in this windowless, small, prison (in essence) with limited light and wrap a plethora for presents -- you'd be in there for at least an 2 hours if you were wrapping gifts to boot. And wouldn't a chair be in the room to sit on (assuming one could actually fit in that small room with all that clutter already in it)? What did she do, stand the whole time? Or sit on the moldy, cement floor?

The thing that always bothered me about the wrapping presents in the wine cellar was that, it never made any sense to me. Why in the world would anyone wrap presents there? Yes, I know: she wanted to keep the presents "hidden," but how uncomfortable to sit in this windowless, small, prison (in essence) with limited light and wrap a plethora for presents -- you'd be in there for at least an 2 hours if you were wrapping gifts to boot. And wouldn't a chair be in the room to sit on (assuming one could actually fit in that small room with all that clutter already in it)? What did she do, stand the whole time? Or sit on the moldy, cement floor?

There was a chair down there - according to JR - not that believe a single thing he says.

It's the one he said was blocking the door into the train room.

Or maybe she sat on the suitcase? Lol.

I agree it doesn't sound likely that she would wrap presents down there.

^ I'm aware of the chair that was in the basement blocking the door of the train room, but was there a chair in the actual wine cellar room? Are we to believe that this chair (in front of the train room) would be moved in and out of the wine cellar (for whatever reason)?

^ I'm aware of the chair that was in the basement blocking the door of the train room, but was there a chair in the actual wine cellar room? Are we to believe that this chair (in front of the train room) would be moved in and out of the wine cellar (for whatever reason)?

It probably wouldn't.

She didn't wrap presents in the wine cellar/ windowless room, there's another part to the basement that isn't often seen in photos (there is one photo I think) where she has a work top. It might be next to where there was also a phone down there. I'll see if I can find the picture.

It's in this picture, and on the opposite wall was the washer and drier

images

basementlaundryRS.jpg

No evidence of gift wrapping, paper/scissors/tape in those photos.

Well just thinking of a possible connection, maybe those dyes come with gloves and she poured the dye down the sink to make it look like she'd dyed her hair and to account for gloves in the bin.
Well, that's a thought. They do come with gloves (even though they are very loose fitting, they would work).
I'd think she would want to at least make a half-assed attempt at dying her hair to make it seem plausible, though. Or maybe she had just done it recently anyway (so it wasn't even necessary then) and did use a new box as you said. Or maybe she actually did dye her hair that afternoon and then she fished the gloves out of the trash. Lots of maybes.

Still can't remember where i read about the chemical smell in JB's bathroom, been reading so much lately. But i have a feeling the hair dye story was said it may account for a hydrogen peroxide smell which could have been used to remove blood.
Hydrogen peroxide may remove blood, but would not be in a hair colour - unless it was to make it lighter, ie i know it would be in a hair bleach. Not sure, some of them stink, maybe someone who knows more about hair colouring could enlighten us?
It was in conjunction with blood on pillow etc. Maybe if she had banged head on bath. But that didnt bleed so? May just have been a discussion, as the police did note a chemical smell. Rambled enough now.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Still can't remember where i read about the chemical smell in JB's bathroom, been reading so much lately. But i have a feeling the hair dye story was said it may account for a hydrogen peroxide smell which could have been used to remove blood.
Hydrogen peroxide may remove blood, but would not be in a hair colour - unless it was to make it lighter, ie i know it would be in a hair bleach. Not sure, some of them stink, maybe someone who knows more about hair colouring could enlighten us?
It was in conjunction with blood on pillow etc. Maybe if she had banged head on bath. But that didnt bleed so? May just have been a discussion, as the police did note a chemical smell. Rambled enough now.

Looking at xmas day photo of Patsy and JB it looks more like JB's hair needs colouring. Can't see Patsy's roots tho.
Maybe JB wasn't ill in bed, but was having her hair dyed, so she would be ready for pageant when they got back from cruise?

Yes, seeing as she used to lighten/bleach JonBenet's hair, I suspect that she had home kits for that, rather than a diy kit for her own hair. I still think she'd go to a salon for her own hair, seeing as she loved spending John's money.

Yes, seeing as she used to lighten/bleach JonBenet's hair, I suspect that she had home kits for that, rather than a diy kit for her own hair. I still think she'd go to a salon for her own hair, seeing as she loved spending John's money.
😊 Very true. I personally don't see her coolouring her own hair!!! She also would not do it Christmas Day. What if it went horribly wrong, no time to fix it bf going to the Whites' and away next day.
She prob did do JonBenet's herself, as she didn't like to admit it was actually dyed. Would she have done that Christmas Day tho? Need to see photos from the Whites'.

 Very true. I personally don't see her coolouring her own hair!!! She also would not do it Christmas Day. What if it went horribly wrong, no time to fix it bf going to the Whites' and away next day.
She prob did do JonBenet's herself, as she didn't like to admit it was actually dyed. Would she have done that Christmas Day tho? Need to see photos from the Whites'.

It's possible, but then I think Patsy said she hadn't bathed her that day, and I can't see a reason for not admitting that she had. Also think it likely that if she had done JonBenet's hair, she would have had a bath or shower afterwards. And there were the Christmas pageants or parades she was in just a few days prior, when I think it more likely that Patsy would have had JonBenet's hair done, if it needed it.

It's possible, but then I think Patsy said she hadn't bathed her that day, and I can't see a reason for not admitting that she had. Also think it likely that if she had done JonBenet's hair, she would have had a bath or shower afterwards. And there were the Christmas pageants or parades she was in just a few days prior, when I think it more likely that Patsy would have had JonBenet's hair done, if it needed it.
Good point, i'd forgotten the no bath part. It would have made sense to do it before the Christmas pageant season started. Can't believe anyone would colour their hair Christmas Day. Definitely not Patsy. So no hair was colored, i believe.

Not sure why everybody has come to the conclusion that Patsy wouldn't colour her own hair? Colouring hair is probably the simplest thing you can to at home. If you can read a watch you can colour your hair. But aside from that, the mere fact that the used colouring kit was found pretty much answers the question. JBRs hair was light, Patsy's was dark. The police aren't stupid. Possibly it was just a touch up, but nonetheless, Patsy likely did colour her hair that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member