Ransom note analysis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ah, yes I see. By not using her name.

Actually, that's only one of several indicators. Lest we forget the various interviews where they use her name about as often as Halley's comet is spotted. Most often it's "our daughter," "my daughter," or most notably, "that child."

See the pattern yet?

I almost guarantee that John's "southern common sense" was an inside joke about John amongst the Ramsey's and their Atlanta family. No one else would say that because he's not from the south.

But someone might think that if he was coming from Atlanta, he was from there. Someone who knew him superficially.

I take this opportunity to tell those interested in the letters of the ransom note that last week I've been very busy presenting a cold case. This week I will resume the work.

But someone might think that if he was coming from Atlanta, he was from there. Someone who knew him superficially.

I take this opportunity to tell those interested in the letters of the ransom note that last week I've been very busy presenting a cold case. This week I will resume the work.

Anybody who knew John to the extent that they would be so angry at him and kill his daughter would know that he is not from the south. He had no southern accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was some reference to him being "southern". An affair he had when married to Lucinda.
He spoke of it in his first interview:
"JR: Yeah. Her name was Gloria Williams. This was in the late 70’s. She worked for us, for me, for three or four years I guess.

ST: APG?

JR: No, this was before all that. This was, she worked for, well the company that was formed with this New York group was called Southern Peripherals Instruments. And she worked for that company. We had her as a secretary. And that company, I don’t remember exactly when we closed it down, but it would have been, well let’s see, kind of would been 79 or 80, cause I think it was before Patsy and I got married."

It has also been discussed that John, at one time, worked for the Southwest(ern) Bell Telephone Co, (but I can't confirm this).

Both of these bussiness links refer to the 'South'.

I've always been on the fence about SBTC meaning anything. If I were going to write a "fake" ransom note, it could just be a random bunch of letters. The writer of a real ransom note would probably not sign it with anything, would they? I mean, a smart ransom note writer wouldn't print anything at the bottom that could potentially ever connect them with the kidnapping and murder.

Sometimes when I want to read content on a website, but the website wants me to register, I just type in a random bunch of letters and put something like @yahoo or whatever because I don't want to start getting spam in my inbox. Do you think it's possible SBTC doesn't mean anything at all?

I've always been on the fence about SBTC meaning anything. If I were going to write a "fake" ransom note, it could just be a random bunch of letters. The writer of a real ransom note would probably not sign it with anything, would they? I mean, a smart ransom note writer wouldn't print anything at the bottom that could potentially ever connect them with the kidnapping and murder.

Sometimes when I want to read content on a website, but the website wants me to register, I just type in a random bunch of letters and put something like @yahoo or whatever because I don't want to start getting spam in my inbox. Do you think it's possible SBTC doesn't mean anything at all?
Yes, I think it is possible SBTC means nothing at all. Or, perhaps, the true meaning might be considered 'trivial' to most/all ASIDE from the author?...

This is what I figured. I have racked my own brain trying to think if it was some sly, subliminal message by anyone (either if RDI or IDI). I wondered if "B" meant Burke, or Boulder. Stuff like that. I tried relating every letter to the family or their friends, but couldn't ever come up with anything. I know Patsy's mother had some creative suggestions, too. lol.

I think the fact the acronym was on John's navy plaque was in the back of the writer's brain, so it kind of came out on the note, unintentional and unrelated.

A few SBTC ideas;

I wonder if 'C' might be Christmas?

They were trying to write this letter from a group of individuals, so each letter could be the first letter of the first or last name of 4 people they had in mind, or 2 initials for 2 people, or just made up initials.

Signed By T. C. ? Signed By The.... ?

I didn't read the whole thread and probably someone already said that but anyway SBTC -she's by the cellar.
I believe it's saved by the cross, typical Patsy thing but anyway reading the post above that came to my mind.

She's. By. The. Cellar.

How did I... how... I missed... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jck_zpshhocc81x.gif

She's. By. The. Cellar.

How did I... how... I missed... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jck_zpshhocc81x.gif
someone has to have said that before I'm not that clever ,It just made sense because of the above post.
loved the gif

someone has to have said that before I'm not that clever ,It just made sense because of the above post.
loved the gif

I've personally never seen it said and don't you dare discredit yourself! LOL!

There was some reference to him being "southern". An affair he had when married to Lucinda.
He spoke of it in his first interview:
"JR: Yeah. Her name was Gloria Williams. This was in the late 70’s. She worked for us, for me, for three or four years I guess.

ST: APG?

JR: No, this was before all that. This was, she worked for, well the company that was formed with this New York group was called Southern Peripherals Instruments. And she worked for that company. We had her as a secretary. And that company, I don’t remember exactly when we closed it down, but it would have been, well let’s see, kind of would been 79 or 80, cause I think it was before Patsy and I got married."

It has also been discussed that John, at one time, worked for the Southwest(ern) Bell Telephone Co, (but I can't confirm this).

Both of these bussiness links refer to the 'South'.

Well, to me anyway, your "examples" of JR being "southern" look more like something a wife would take objection to rather than a disgruntled employee or stranger.

I think I broke the ransom note. I also think I'll be proved wrong. But I'm working on a theory that I'll post on the 'Member Theories' thread after I get a copy and read DOI.

Let me just say that with my theory "S.B.T.C" fits perfectly. I don't know how anyone could accidently stumble across it using a web search; and yet, it's so utterly simple. Still, I do love the "she bares the crown" phrase. You'll never look at SBTC the same way again. I have no idea why no one has found this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder
Back