Ransom note analysis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the key. Look at b letter. They are all the same! And we will see the same in almost all the letters. This can mean:

1) This is the real handwriting of someone.

2) Someone has worked many hours to disguise his handwriting.

3) This person already had different handwriting styles. Who was it again who was described as having more handwriting styles than a class of sixth-graders? My memory just ain't what it used to be!

3) This person already had different handwriting styles. Who was it again who was described as having more handwriting styles than a class of sixth-graders? My memory just ain't what it used to be!

SuperDave,
Absolutely spot on. PR knew full well the RN would be dissected, so likely injected some unknowns into her most famous to be text.

She knew what rhetoric meant and how to construct a piece with a beginning a middle and an end, with some stuff interjected to allow confusion and an acronym to befuddle the quizzicle. I'm not so sure thats a word?

So basically PR wrote the note while JR redressed JonBenet, size-12's anyone?

Sure. Some people collect shoes and other handwriting styles. I would not be surprised to know that PR also had more than one DNA profile.

This looks like Patsy's handwriting, written in a hurry under stress.

Sure. Some people collect shoes and other handwriting styles. I would not be surprised to know that PR also had more than one DNA profile.

Oh, that's a SCREAM. :facepalm:

Okay, for the sake of argument, ignore the "sixth-grader" description of her (which was not mine, BTW). Ignore the discovery that she could write left-handed. There are some pretty simple ways to disguise your writing from your normal way and still have it be consistent.

And keep in mind, I only said that because I was trying to go along with your claim that the letters are all consistent. I don't necessarily agree that they are.

That's not even taking into account the writer's distinctive use of punctuation, the use of acronyms, the use of acronyms with periods between the letters, which only a person who attended school prior to roughly 1975 would be taught to do. Who does that sound like?

[ATTACH=CONFIG said:
69882[/ATTACH]

As famous TV host would exclaim-- THIS IS A BREAKTROUGH!!!

Letter "d"...... I was waiting for it. All letter are "great", but this one, unbelievable, unique and crazy.
I know one thing, it`s time to compare to foreign alphabets.
I think I will start with Japanese and Arabic.

Dear SuperDave, if you claim you can write consistently 26 letters in 2.5pages composition in a fake handwriting, then do it and tell us how long it would take . I claim that it`s not possible, so I would not waist my time. It`s clear to me that author was not disguising his handwriting.

From a recent online Q&A with retired Chief of Police Mark Beckner:

QUESTION: Was the handwritten note tested for DNA/fingerprints? And do the police think the murderer sat in the house and wrote a long winded note on the Ramseys note pad before attempting to kidnap her. obviously didnt do it after if it was a criminal as they would have just got out. Also how might the "kidnapper" have known how much john ramseys bonus was. thanks.

ANSWER: Yes, of course it was. The only fingerprint on the note was one belonging to the document examiner at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). On the notepad from which the note came from, the only fingerprints on the pad belonged to the CBI agent, the sergeant with the police department who took the pad into custody, and Patsy Ramsey. No, we do not believe a someone wrote the note prior to attempting to kidnap JonBenet. Neither the PD or the FBI believe this was ever a kidnapping. It was a murder that someone tried to stage as a kidnapping.

From a recent online Q&A with retired Chief of Police Mark Beckner:

QUESTION: Was the handwritten note tested for DNA/fingerprints? And do the police think the murderer sat in the house and wrote a long winded note on the Ramseys note pad before attempting to kidnap her. obviously didnt do it after if it was a criminal as they would have just got out. Also how might the "kidnapper" have known how much john ramseys bonus was. thanks.

ANSWER: Yes, of course it was. The only fingerprint on the note was one belonging to the document examiner at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). On the notepad from which the note came from, the only fingerprints on the pad belonged to the CBI agent, the sergeant with the police department who took the pad into custody, and Patsy Ramsey. No, we do not believe a someone wrote the note prior to attempting to kidnap JonBenet. Neither the PD or the FBI believe this was ever a kidnapping. It was a murder that someone tried to stage as a kidnapping.

otg,
Wow, they found a fingerpint, and if the ransom note was a fake what does that tell us about the picasso left lying in the spare bedroom?

Dear SuperDave, if you claim you can write consistently 26 letters in 2.5 pages composition in a fake handwriting, then do it and tell us how long it would take.

I don't know how long it would take, but I know one way: wearing gloves while writing. It changes the way I write.

Another way that leaps to mind is to write opposite handed. Obviously, only some people can do it. If I tried to write left-handed, you wouldn't know it was me, but you'd know right off it wasn't natural writing.

I claim that it`s not possible, so I would not waist my time. It`s clear to me that author was not disguising his handwriting.

Oh, well, if you say so, I guess that's the end of it.:gaah: (Talk about wasting time!)

So far I see absolute consistency in the writings, through out the ransom each letter remains the same , that convinces me again it was not alteration or disguise. To keep consistency someone ,who was altering and hiding his own style, would need to look back at every letter to keep it the same. Not possible.
Thank you.

I guess different people see different things. Those 'a's are all sorts of inconsistent, at least to me. Some with long tails at the top, some with hardly any, the space in the middle varies, the cursive and then manuscript. Number 1 looks nothing like number 4, which looks nothing like number 9, number 13 (looks nothing like an a), 46, 52. Obviously I could go on. Some of them look like 'd's and others just look like blobs. Hardly consistent to my eye. MOO.

It could've been accomplished by someone with Multiple Personality Disorder.

Wink wink.

Talking about waste of time:
talking about old disproven theories for two decades and going nowhere, not one inch forward, nothing fresh, nothing new
relying on media, magazines and books
sharing idea that prosecutors assigned to the case either corrupted or lacking intelligence
denying forensics
thinking that disqualified agents and people tried in court of law are only not corrupted and know the ultimate true
fighting opinions of others with the sword, claws, what else...
Patsy`s left hand, right hand, left hand in glove, Patsy written in hurry, Patsy spent hours to alter--- no . It`s still does not match her handwriting when put side by side.
And that`s exactly why she had never been identified as an author.
By the experts who had been paid by the state and served to the state, who`s opinion permitted in the court. Others do not apply, regardless of how much they`d been paid.

Umm, yes it does match her handwriting when put side by side. It matches it pretty damned closely as a matter of fact. That is why she's never been excluded.

One thing I will agree with you on is that I don't think she was purposely altering her letter formations on the ransom note. Although I do see a huge difference in the style of page 1 and page 3, but I'll attribute that to here stress level subsiding as she got deeper in to the note.

Writing with a sharpie was her first method to mask her identity. Nobody pens anything substantial in block lettering with a marker, so finding comparative samples would be impossible. Also, a ball point pen gives investigators a lot more to work with, speed, pressure etc. Next, in all likelihood she was wearing gloves. If not her fingerprints would have been all over those pages. And lastly, she purposely changed her writing style for the samples she provide LE. If you can't see that from the samples I provided in the other thread, this discussion isn't worth having.

Lastly, I've been in the typography business for over 30 years. I know more about fonts, kerning, leading and paragraph structure than you will ever know. I feel very certain that Patsy wrote that note. Could I say I'm 100% sure? No. But I am 95% positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm, yes it does match her handwriting when put side by side. It matches it pretty damned closely as a matter of fact. That is why she's never been excluded.

One thing I will agree with you on is that I don't think she was purposely altering her letter formations on the ransom note. Although I do see a huge difference in the style of page 1 and page 3, but I'll attribute that to here stress level subsiding as she got deeper in to the note.

Writing with a sharpie was her first method to mask her identity. Nobody pens anything substantial in block lettering with a marker, so finding comparative samples would be impossible. Also, a ball point pen gives investigators a lot more to work with, speed, pressure etc. Next, in all likelihood she was wearing gloves. If not her fingerprints would have been all over those pages. And lastly, she purposely changed her writing style for the samples she provide LE. If you can't see that from the samples I provided in the other thread, this discussion isn't worth having.

Lastly, I've been in the typography business for over 30 years. I know more about fonts, kerning, leading and paragraph structure than you will ever know. I feel very certain that Patsy wrote that note. Could I say I'm 100% sure? No. But I am 95% positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the pair of little white gloves she held during her and John's March 2000 interview with Barbara Walters? Naturally, the gloves wouldn't fit all the way as they would leave the lower palm exposed, but it has been said that Patsy left a partial palm print (i.e. blatting) on one of the pages.

What about the pair of little white gloves she held during her and John's March 2000 interview with Barbara Walters? Naturally, the gloves wouldn't fit all the way as they would leave the lower palm exposed, but it has been said that Patsy left a partial palm print (i.e. blatting) on one of the pages.

From Mark Beckner's recent online Q&A...

The only fingerprint on the note was one belonging to the document examiner at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). On the notepad from which the note came from, the only fingerprints on the pad belonged to the CBI agent, the sergeant with the police department who took the pad into custody, and Patsy Ramsey. No, we do not believe a someone wrote the note prior to attempting to kidnap JonBenet. Neither the PD or the FBI believe this was ever a kidnapping. It was a murder that someone tried to stage as a kidnapping.

So no, Patsy's prints were not on the note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back