Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And theres a person on here that thinks its ok for a rapist to be alone kids ..WHY...Because she says well he hasn't been convicted of pedofilia.

Never alone with anyone's kids

He was never alone with anyone's kids

How do you know he was NEVER alone with anyone's kids? Any family members, friends, on set? How do you know this? You state this as a fact. I can only state facts about myself and very few other people, certainly not anyone I have never met.

He used his image, position and power to entice, then entrap vulnerable women into defenseless states so he could rape them. That same power, image and position was then used to bully them into silence.

Now this same power, image and position is resulting in this very visible media story. It's amazing how such power, image and position can bite you in the azz when you egregiously abuse it. He made this bed, he can lie in it. He should consider the bright side -- he could be in prison right now. One might say he's lucky.

Did you watch the media frenzy regarding the Duke Lacrosse rape case? Did you see that it was printed as fact? Did you see that they were eventually cleared? It does happen. Although one or maybe more of these stories may (or may not) be true, I do wonder about ALL of them being true. Again, I am not really defending Bill Cosby as I cannot say that he is innocent. And, I do not ever like to blame a victim. However, this is a very strange case to me. The accusations are all SO old; and the media frenzy is SO great; it really is hard for me to see an American found guilty by the people without a true trial or chance. I do not believe - from the victims own words - that he has silenced them for ALL of these years. One or more of the victims even talked to him or engaged contact with him years and years after their claimed abuse.

Wednesday's show was a benefit for a professional women's service organization called The Links, a non-profit which raises money for African-Americans in youth projects, the arts and health services

Cosby was given a rousing applause as he left the stage.

No one from the audience mentioned the sex assault allegations against the star.

Cosby fans tonight also gave the star their backing.

David Friemann, 62, from New Jersey, said: 'I don't care what these girls are saying about Bill Crosby I like him, he's s good guy.'

Duane Boakes, 57, from Atlanta, Georgia, said: 'I love Bill Crosby. He has been my hero since I was a kid. I ain't going to stop supporting him now.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...orward-say-forced-oral-sex.html#ixzz3JkGrW5Pl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You don't have to take my word for it, HockeyMom-I don't really care. I know that kids aren't left unattended to roam a set, and you don't-whatever. I don't know if Cosby's a rapist, but this notion that he can't be one, because the women who took their time alleging that he was, weren't concerned about kids sometime in the future being left alone with him is pretty far fetched.

unless you were present everytime Bill Crosby was on set, it is your opinion. People only can speak facts about situations they live, otherwise they are opinions.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/20/bill-cosby-should-have-gone-down-as-a-loser/

An article stating women were talking years ago and editors refused to publish any stories discrediting him. BC has never revealed the results of the paternity test he took in the matter of a possible love child, Autumn Jackson. The article below says Autumn's mother, Shawn Upshaw, also has the now familiar story of being drugged and raped.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/20/i-warned-you-about-bill-cosby-in-2007.html

" Green announced that she had the names of three other women who would testify to almost identical stories of being drugged and assaulted. Green also claimed a young woman by the name of Page Young was so distraught over a similar sexual assault by Cosby that she was driven to suicide by a fatal drug overdose."

So if anyone is keeping a list, these are two more names to add to BC's trophy list, although one will not be coming forward since she is dead.

Does anyone have any other information about the results of his paternity test concerning Autumn Jackson? BC raping children is really a nonissue and is getting very tiresome. Maybe we can get back to the subject of this thread.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/20/bill-cosby-should-have-gone-down-as-a-loser/

An article stating women were talking years ago and editors refused to publish any stories discrediting him. BC has never revealed the results of the paternity test he took in the matter of a possible love child, Autumn Jackson. The article below says Autumn's mother, Shawn Upshaw, also has the now familiar story of being drugged and raped.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/20/i-warned-you-about-bill-cosby-in-2007.html

" Green announced that she had the names of three other women who would testify to almost identical stories of being drugged and assaulted. Green also claimed a young woman by the name of Page Young was so distraught over a similar sexual assault by Cosby that she was driven to suicide by a fatal drug overdose."

So if anyone is keeping a list, these are two more names to add to BC's trophy list, although one will not be coming forward since she is dead.

Does anyone have any other information about the results of his paternity test concerning Autumn Jackson? BC raping children is really a nonissue and is getting very tiresome. Maybe we can get back to the subject of this thread.

It was decided both by Amber and Cosby not to take a test - if I correctly recall.

The article I referenced and others I found on Google say BC did take a test but the results have never been announced by BC and that Autumn refused to take a test. One would think if his test was negative he would have announced it, particularly since Autumn refused the test, making her look bad.

I was born in October of 1984 so I would been 8 years old when The Cosby Show ended. I remember this show as a kid. Obviously not in the beginning but growing up in the 90s I've seen the re-runs. My sister who was born in 1988 used to love that show. She would watch it all the time when the reruns were on TV. Bill Cosby was such a beloved man back in the day and I totally believe that is the reason that these woman are just now coming forward. I really think a lot of them felt that no one would believe them. The article that was posted above from the Daily Beast goes onto talk how some media didn't even want to report on the rape accusations back then. The media is totally different now than it was back in the day. Now that this story has actually gone viral and people are believing it more are coming out and telling their story on it. I really think that these girls felt that no one would believe them. The Cosby show was huge and you always knew him as the sweetest man around who loved children just a very beloved person. Back then not a single eff would have been given. JMO

I was born in October of 1984 so I would been 8 years old when The Cosby Show ended. I remember this show as a kid. Obviously not in the beginning but growing up in the 90s I've seen the re-runs. My sister who was born in 1988 used to love that show. She would watch it all the time when the reruns were on TV. Bill Cosby was such a beloved man back in the day and I totally believe that is the reason that these woman are just now coming forward. I really think a lot of them felt that no one would believe them. The article that was posted above from the Daily Beast goes onto talk how some media didn't even want to report on the rape accusations back then. The media is totally different now than it was back in the day. Now that this story has actually gone viral and people are believing it more are coming out and telling their story on it. I really think that these girls felt that no one would believe them. The Cosby show was huge and you always knew him as the sweetest man around who loved children just a very beloved person. Back then not a single eff would have been given. JMO

BBM for focus. Not only that, but the women would have been accused of being *advertiser censored* and *advertiser censored* and casting couch denizens and gold diggers and so on. Thank goodness society today is so much more enlightened and ... oh wait.

It makes me ill, to even look at this thread anymore, w/ all the farking Bill Cosby rape apologists- the only thing that consoles me is that it will eventually catch up w/ him (& far too late, IMO). & all you folks who think he is being wrongly accused, well, he'll be fine, right? & telling more jokes about how parents are keeping the kids away.

That character he played on TV was such a devoted family man. People seem to be having a hard time separating him from his character. But if the allegations are true, then he certainly was nothing like the character he portrayed.

Did you watch the media frenzy regarding the Duke Lacrosse rape case? Did you see that it was printed as fact? Did you see that they were eventually cleared? It does happen. Although one or maybe more of these stories may (or may not) be true, I do wonder about ALL of them being true. Again, I am not really defending Bill Cosby as I cannot say that he is innocent. And, I do not ever like to blame a victim. However, this is a very strange case to me. The accusations are all SO old; and the media frenzy is SO great; it really is hard for me to see an American found guilty by the people without a true trial or chance. I do not believe - from the victims own words - that he has silenced them for ALL of these years. One or more of the victims even talked to him or engaged contact with him years and years after their claimed abuse.

Cocomod, I do appreciate your concern, but freedom of speech is just as "American" as the right to a fair trial. And Bill Cosby has and had the resources to speak out and/or sue each and every one of the accusing women for defamation. His ability to protect the "truth" was in fact far greater than theirs. But even setting that option aside for the moment, the narrative of this scandal has been driven, at least in part, by Cosby's own refusal to speak on the subject. Cosby could have provided the media with a list of his victims, or if there are none, he could had denied the charges and spoken out as to how they could not be true (rather than merely attacking the character of a couple of his accusers who were vulnerable to character attacks).

I know you are not calling the outcriers "liars" (as another poster did); and I agree with you that it wouldn't be surprising if a few of the more recent outcriers were simply jumping on the bandwagon. But on the whole, the sheer number of accusations as well as the fact they go back more than 30 years seems to me to argue for their credibility.

The Duke lacrosse case, while terrible, is really another matter because it involved the government waging war against individuals. In the Cosby case, the "playing field" is more even, though of course HE has the resources to fight back and HE has a greater reputation to lose.

Many posts in this thread have stated their authors' staunch refusal to believe the allegations without "proof," although unless I missed it I have yet to see any of them provide a definition of proof that would convince them.

Many posts in this thread have particularly singled out Janice Dickinson as a known crazy, therefore her claims of Cosby assaulting her can't possibly be true. (Full disclosure: I myself initially posted that I was reluctant to believe her given some of her past behavior. I believe her now.)

Other posts opined--I'm paraphrasing--that she was simply a woman scorned because Cosby rejected her.

Now she has, apparently, provided these photos she took of Cosby on the night in question to corroborate her claims.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/21/janice-dickinson-bill-cosby-rape-robe-pictures/

So, is this proof for all who demanded it?

(ha ha ha just kidding, I crack myself up. Expecting the "well that just proves she was a *advertiser censored* and a *advertiser censored* sleeping with him for personal gain" comments in 3,2,1...although that theory is incompatible with the woman scorned theory. So choices will have to be made regarding which blame-the-victim theory to adopt.)

In defense of jmoose's claim that it is unlikely Cosby was left alone with the kids on his CBS show, I don't have jmoose's TV/film experience, but I've been an extra, audience member, production assistant, etc. Most recently, all three of my grandchildren were extras on or had a small part in the GROWN UPS sequel.

AT NO TIME, in my experience, are children ever alone on the sets where I've been. There are nearly an infinite number of ways for a child (anyone, actually, but especially a child) to be injured or killed on a film/TV set. Children are therefore "wrangled", just like animals are. Separate people are hired to care for them, tell them what to do, rehearse their lines and generally hold their hands. When space and temperament permits, a parent or guardian of a child is also with them while they work.

So, no, jmoose can't know for a fact that Cosby never grabbed a kid and ran for a broom closet. But by the same token, no one can know Cosby never used a puppy to lure some street kid into a black van. But since nobody has even ACCUSED Cosby of molesting children and contact between stars and children-with-smallish-roles is almost always limited, I think probability suggests Cosby did not have opportunities to prey on children with whom he worked. (His long-running TV show might be an exception, since I imagine rules would be relaxed for minors who had been on a show for years; but, AGAIN, there have been no accusations by members of THE COSBY SHOW cast.)

On an entirely different note, I'm not a lawyer, but I was a legal secretary for large corporate law firms and have sat in on many settlement meetings (not the actual negotiations, but the discussions with the client as to whether to settle).

Sure, covering up the defendant's guilt is one reason to settle and pay some damages, but it isn't the only one and most lawsuits never even get to that point. (Note: there are published claims by a claimant's lawyer that Cosby settled when he realized that 13 other women were prepared to come forward with the same account.)

Another reason to settle is to get a signed confidentiality agreement and stop damaging chatter, whether or not it is true.

A third, more prosaic, reason is a clear-eyed calculation that the defendant is willing to accept less than the cost of continuing the trial. Depending on the subject of the suit, the cost of expert witnesses, days in court, out-of-court prep, etc., may be enormous (for both sides). It isn't unusual for both sides to decide it's simply cheaper to settle than to fight it out. (And our judicial system would quickly grind to a halt without such agreements.)

Insurance companies actually put clauses into contracts that allow then to FORCE a client to settle if the other side is willing to accept less than a certain amount. This protects the insurance company from spending a fortune defending what is merely a principle to the client. There have been famous trials where an insurance company forced a settlement (MacDonald v. McGuinness) and I have personally worked more such cases than I can recall. The client (and our defense team) weren't happy, but the insurance company felt their bottom line was more important.

So, NO, a settlement offer is NOT a clear admission of guilt.

[cosby apologists]oh, they read Barbara Bowman's story and they are all copycats. proves nothing and smoking gun, are you kidding?[/apologists]

:clap: not kidding

Any rapist would feel pretty dang upset to see his car packed full with rotting fish heads and limburger cheese...Also, if the 542 women responsible were crowded onto the street where he lived, insisting that he move himself and his stinky car to another locale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PTA