Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is simple to me at least. They all cant be lying. Honestly, I don't know if any of them are lying. In fact coming out about this against BC will probably cause them to be shunned by certain people close to them or in their inner circle. I am sure they have been attacked unmercifully on social media and other sites.

Its like a lot of other rape cases that were secrets for years. One comes out and when another victim hears about that then they too come forward and if there are multiple victims they will also come forward. Strength and courage gets stronger when a victim knows they aren't alone. We have seen that right here in rape cases where there were multiple victims and one rapist.

In those cases there was no DNA evidence nor eye witnesses either because the rapes happened a long time ago and were done behind closed doors . Most rapists do their deed without witnesses. The evidence was the sworn testimony of each rape victim.

Why would they lie about all of this? That's the part I don't get. Many of them were going to testify under oath in the civil trial and they weren't even plaintiffs. So they had nothing to gain then by testifying against BC. And they would have testified years ago if he had let the civil trial go forward rather than settling.

And now I am wondering if he was inappropriate with Lisa. Men who are 'familiar' rapists often feel jealousy when another man is with a victim even if it is a nude scene in a movie or showing their body in a magazine.

It might explain why there was such tension between the two also.

One thing about it he sure seem to always have liquor and drugs available and most of them were very young around 19 or even younger since Mr. Scotti said some of them were the age of 16.:( They would feel powerless around someone who was so powerful in the industry.

I think he was able to do this because of who he was and the power he had and ruled by intimidation and threatening what would happen if they told anyone. I actually see him as a typical rapist in many aspects. He groomed them by letting them think he would help jumpstart their career. He controlled them by telling them he could ruin any chance of a career they may have wanted at the time, imo.

It isn't uncommon for a victim to continue to have a relationship with their abuser they have come to know well especially if it is someone who they feel is a powerful authoritative figure much older than them. They all knew he could ruin their career with just a phone call. He was a giant and they were a nobody. They had to feel powerless.

Its interesting that some of the victims were addicts. That goes along with being sexually abused and keeping it a secret. Many victims of sexual assault self medicate or become alcoholics or even very promiscuous.

I was one of the lucky ones who did not turn to drugs, alcohol, or promiscuity. And I never told a soul about the repeated rapes I suffered for almost 11 years when it was happening to me. I was 38 years old when I finally told my husband. For over two decades I kept my abuser's secret.

He was a great comedian and he was a great 'dad' on shows but as far as being sexually appealing he certainly wasn't.....at least not to me anyway. He used his power, prestige, and money to silence those he had victimized.

Since some of it happened right inside of his home I think Camille has long known about this. She may not have known he drugged them before having sex but IMO she sure knew what was going on.

What wife would just leave her husband all alone with a very attractive young woman? I think she just looked the other way.

Its sort of humorous and rather tragic at the same time how BCs attorney comes out to bash and trash the victims and if they have a criminal past history somehow that makes them into liars. Well fraud or drug charges or whatever isn't nearly has serious of a crime as rape. Imo, the more he lets his lawyer trash these women the worse it will look for BC.

BC was crafty and sly. He built a character for everyone to see and the people thought those characters represented the real BC but predators are very good at wearing masks and let people see what they only want them to see. Meanwhile behind closed doors a very different BC was there. One who felt entitled to take what he wanted whether the victim wanted it or not. Most said he was very aggressive and rough showing this was all about self gratification and the people he hurt meant nothing to him. He just moved on to the next vulnerable victim.

While he will not go to trial for all the rapes he did:(......the punishment he is getting is far worse for BC.......for to BC it was all about building that faux image up for the world to see. Now he has to deal with the truth about who he really was/is. These victims didn't mar his legacy. He did, when he decided to become a predator for decades.

No longer were these multiple victims willing to keep his deep dark secrets.

IMO

TMZ:

Bill Cosby Accuser Wrangling Women for Class Action Lawsuit

One of Bill Cosby's alleged victims not only plans to sue him ... she's trying to get all of his accusers in a single lawsuit to convince a jury ... all these woman just can't be lying.

Louisa Moritz -- who claims Cosby stuck his penis in her mouth in her dressing room before a "Tonight Show" appearance in 1971 -- is interviewing L.A. area lawyers to file a class action lawsuit ... and she wants minimum 9 other women to join her.

Moritz tells us she's already reaching out to the other alleged victims.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/24/bill-cosby-accuser-class-action-lawsuit-rape-louisa-moritz/

Welp, so much for none of them wanting money.

Welp, so much for none of them wanting money.

I don't blame any of them.

We have seen multiple lawsuits filed by the young boys.......now adult men........who were raped by their Priests.

IMO

Snipped for focus: if you read that article and don't get why she kept going back, you never will. IMO of course. Victimizers choose their victims carefully.

I don't know anything about Australian media, but here in the USA, our respected media outlets like the Washington Post
--the paper that broke the Watergate scandal that took down our President? Look it up if you are too young to remember--do not pay for interviews. Fair dinkum.

IMO, Washington Post is not respected by anyone who is paying attention.

I actually took this as being somewhat nasty, but I'll respond to as if I'm wrong about that. Sorry, if I am.

I had a horrible time as a kid, and some of that included rape. Every time I see a man being falsely accused, I feel it just adds fuel to the plight of genuine victims. Each one makes it that little bit harder for real rape victims to be heard. The things that happened to me did not leave me bitter toward *all* men, and I have utmost compassion for those whose lives are ruined by false accusations. It's as much a life-shattering violation as physical assault in many ways.

They do happen a lot around celebrities. Is why I feel the need to say what I've said.

I apologize. I can understand how my words came across nasty but that wasn't my intention. I was truly dumbfounded.

I guess I just don't see the epidemic of celebrities being falsely accused.

I had a bad case of insomnia last night so while I was lying there awake I did a little thought experiment.

Someone comes running into work saying, "I just saw Bill Murray at In-n-Out!"

I say, "Did you take a picture or get his autograph?"

"No."

"Then I don't believe you without evidence."

There are only two conclusions:

1. I think my coworker is lying.
2. I think my coworker might have seen Bill Murray but also might have mistaken someone who looked like him for Bill Murray.

Since it defies logic that these women were mistaken about who their attacker was or whether they were attacked or not, saying "I won't believe the women without evidence" equates to "I believe they are lying."

In this week's cover story, PEOPLE interviewed eight of Cosby's accusers, as well as many people who have known and worked with the comedian, 77, over the decades.

"He marched the halls of NBC like he was Oz," says a writer who worked him on The Cosby Show. "You didn't say no to him."
http://www.people.com/article/bill-cosby-rape-accusers-scandal

"I felt like a pimp,'' Scotti, 90, told Kate Snow in an interview that aired on TODAY Monday. "Every time he had somebody I had to watch, I had the girl stay there. I felt dirty."

"It appears that his story is pure speculation so that he can get his 15 minutes of fame,'' Cosby's attorney, Martin Singer, told NBC News.

Scotti also claims he was asked by Cosby to send money to various women, sometimes thousands of dollars a month, and that he has come forward to speak out in their defense.

"I just felt, you know, he's not the person I thought he was,'' Scotti said.
http://www.today.com/news/ex-nbc-employee-says-he-paid-women-bill-cosby-1D80311460

Calling Out Bill Cosby’s Media Enablers, Including Myself
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/b...bys-media-enablers-including-myself.html?_r=0

I was one of those who looked away. Having read the Philadelphia magazine story when it came out, I knew when the editors of the airline magazine called that they would have no interest in pursuing those allegations in a short interview in a magazine meant to occupy fliers.

My job as a journalist was to turn that assignment down. If I was not going to do the work to tell the truth about the guy, I should not have let him prattle on about his new book at the time.

But I did not turn it down. I did the interview and took the money.

I paid for that in other ways. The interview was deeply unpleasant, with a windy, obstreperous subject who answered almost every question in 15-minute soliloquies, many of which were not particularly useful.

After an hour of this, I mentioned that the interview was turning out to be all A. and no Q. He paused, finally.

“Young man, are you interested in hearing what I have to say or not?” he said. “If not, we can end this interview right now.”

Mr. Cosby was not interested in being questioned, in being challenged in any way. By this point in his career, he was surrounded by ferocious lawyers and stalwart enablers and he felt it was beneath him to submit to the queries of mere mortals.

February story (Tamara Green):
Do you know Cosby’s other alleged victims?

I’ve talked to some of [Cosby’s] victims; other women who were not in the lawsuit [which Cosby eventually settled] contacted me and apologized that they could not come forward because they did not want their husbands or their children or their social circles to know they had been his victims. I’ve also been contacted by other women who have been assaulted by other celebrities. They say, “We have no voice.”

All the women [who claim he assaulted them] were from out of town, they didn’t have boyfriends who were football players or brothers or fathers in LA to chase him down, they were girls who had downtrodden shoes and were looking for fame and glory in that classic “Just got off the bus in Hollywood" way.
http://www.newsweek.com/tamara-green-talks-about-bill-cosby-228495

Empirical evidence does not support the widespread belief that women are extremely unlikely to make false accusations of male sexual misconduct. Rather the research on accusations of rape, sexual harassment, incest, and child sexual abuse indicates that false accusations have become a serious problem.

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume6/j6_2_4.htm

One example, from this one article:

Eleven women from the Miss Black America Pageant, after claiming that Mike Tyson had touched them on their rears, filed a $607 million lawsuit against him. Several of the contestants later admitted they had lied in the hope of getting publicity and cashing in on the award money which would have given them around $20 million each (Farrell, 1993, p.328).

--- The ones who get away with it -- well, they get away with it. We can see the crime most clearly when it fails.

I would deeply question the validity of anything published by the source you quote, i.e., IPT. The founder was frickin' nuts as is his wife, IMO. Sick. I won't comment further, but sincerely hope you don't rely on their "studies" for validity.

I would deeply question the validity of anything published by the source you quote, i.e., IPT. The founder was frickin' nuts as is his wife, IMO. Sick. I won't comment further, but sincerely hope you don't rely on their "studies" for validity.

Yes, that is not a peer reviewed journal, and its bibliography would be weak for a freshman paper in college. Frank S. Zepezauer, the author (who does not seem to have any formal credentials), seems to specialize in feminist bashing, and does not have any articles published in peer-reviewed journals. Material like this shouldn't even be linked here, in my opinion.

Please watch the posting of studies. Anyone can do a study. What matters is if the study is done by a respected or peer reviewed institution.

Example: The Mayo Clinic would be acceptable, a clinic no one has heard of or is not a recognized source of information would not be acceptable.

Thanks,
Tricia

This is perfectly true. It's also true that many women lie about being raped by celebrities. By no means does it indicate they're telling the truth when they jump on the gravy train and make false allegations.

The spin can go both ways, is my point here. Presumption of innocence isn't the popular choice, but it's a valid one.

Ms Bowman wasn't under Cosby's control. She may have done all she could to put herself there in order to advance her career, but there's no reason she could not choose to walk away. Just as she chose to keep getting in the limo.

I've sat in on many rape survivor's groups. I've never heard of a rape victim wanting to have MORE time alone with her rapist.

**eta: ^ Here I refer to adults, not in DV situations. Just to be clear. I have heard people raped as children and people victimised with DV doing so. Never adult women in any other circumstances.

A colleague of mine was first molested by a priest at 17. 17. He was from a very Catholic family. Priests are beyond reproach and on the highest pedestal one can imagine.

So even though he was traumatized and confused by what happened, he kept going back. In our last semester of law school he won a 5.5 million dollar settlement against the diocese. Many of us had no idea he was in the middle of litigation. Since then, he has dedicated his practice to going after sex abusers in positions of power, like church pastors and priests.

I believe him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...take-30-years-for-people-to-believe-my-story/

What I don't get with this Bowman woman is: if she was so traumatised by all the multiple times Bill Cosby raped her -- why the heck did she keep going back?

She reminds me of that woman who claims Rolf raped her as a teenager - but then admits she kept sleeping with him until she was *29 years old* and he dumped her for another woman. She never said boo until after Rolf moved on to another affair, and refused her request for money.

I was very vocal over on the Rolf Harris thread about the paucity of not just evidence -- but also logic, of any kind, in some of those claims. And I stand by my observations (not *opinions*, observations) that the majority of 'victims' had stories with holes so wide you could drive a truck through them. The verdict of guilty doesn't change that observation one bit. Even if he IS guilty of molesting someone, somewhere, it doesn't mean I am compelled to look at these extremely flawed claims and automatically assume guilt in *those* instances. I am 100% behind rapists being held accountable, but I also know baloney when I smell it.

Cosbymay well and truly be a criminal. But I am not about to see the number "14" and automatically buy into the idea that more claims means more guilt. Each claim ought to be looked at on its merit.

And I reckon if media outlets worldwide were banned from paying 10's and 100's of thousands of dollars for 'shocking' tell all interviews, the number of complaints against celebrities would rapidly dwindle, and those complainants left would make a LOT more sense than most of 'em do.

Ms. Bowman explained that she was 17 and enthralled by a powerful man in the industry who had groomed her to believe he could make her famous. So she tried to convince herself i t wasn't happening or that it was something she needed to endure.

I truly hope that, if he is indeed a rapist, he'll be charged and tried in a criminal court, and if proven guilty, will do an appropriate prison sentence. I hope the same happens to every rapist. I actually wish repeat offenders were tarred, feathered and thrown off the nearest cliff.

What I really wish for is justice for women -and- men. False accusations against celebrities do happen. It's happened quite a lot. And I believe false accusations do massive damage not just to the victims of the accusation, but to genuine rape victims. I think these cases need to be scrutinised closely. That doesn't mean I think ALL accusations against famous people, even the apparently squeaky clean ones, are false -- far from it. I just think that as celebrities do attract false claims, then any claims made ought not be always and by default , and especially without a guilty verdict, assumed to be true.

False allegations against celebrities certainly occur. Like the woman who claimed Justin Beiber fathered her child. But they are typically on the part of extremely questionable persons. People with criminal, drug or mental health histories.

I read Bowman's account. She seemed very credible. Sound. Sincere.

If it was just Dickinson making the allegation I would be beyond skeptical.

But it's not.

How celebrities weather such disasters often depends on how they previously existed in the public’s consciousness. For many, news of R&B singer Chris Brown’s 2009 arrest for assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna was the first they’d ever heard of him. That initial impression continues to cloud everything else. His career has continued, but nothing he has done thus far has outweighed his image as the man who battered Rihanna.

On the other hand, former heavyweight champ Mike Tyson may be the hardest-working convicted rapist in show biz. He had cameos in the first two “Hangover” movies. In 2012, he starred in a one-man show on Broadway. Last year, he had appearances in “How I Met Your Mother” and “Law & Order: SVU,” and he’s now the animated star of the Adult Swim cartoon series, “Mike Tyson Mysteries.” Tyson’s criminal record seems irrelevant these days; it probably helped that Tyson, in his boxing heyday, was a violent man in a violent sport, and few seemed surprised when he was convicted in 1992 of raping a beauty pageant contestant. It matched the already accepted image of Tyson as scary and dangerous, and much of his post-prison, post-boxing career resurrection has cynically parodied and capitalized on that.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...tory.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article_More

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...osby-money-orders-says-they-were-just-n255051

But one of the women whose name appears on several money orders says the gifts were purely the product of Cosby’s “generosity” and were intended to help pay for her son’s boarding school.

“It is a shame that Dr. William Cosby’s generosity is being questioned and maligned,” said Alva Chinn, a model and actress who appeared in several episodes of “The Cosby Show.” “The source could have asked me first before releasing these money orders.”

Three money orders are made out to Alva Chin (sic). Two are for $1,000 and the amount on the third is illegible.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...osby-money-orders-says-they-were-just-n255051

I suppose Cosby is just such a generous guy *shrug*

Or she doesn't want to say what the money was really for. Which is her right.

The names were blurred in somewhere that I saw the money orders but I think it would have been a nice gesture to find her and ask her permission.
For all they knew it could have been blood money for rape and the recipient might not want her name public.

I don't blame any of them.

We have seen multiple lawsuits filed by the young boys.......now adult men........who were raped by their Priests.

IMO

LOL, I don't blame them either. If it was me, I would be all over it. But there have been plenty of folks on here who have said these women didn't want anything from him.

Many of them have said they don't want money which is probably just as well as the chances of getting a huge payout seem somewhat slim to me.

But there are now, what, 18 women in the group? Got to be a few different opinions and different financial states between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15