Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAPD willing to investigate Bill Cosby sex assault allegations

December 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Thursday that his department is prepared to investigate any accusations brought forth against performer Bill Cosby, even if the alleged incidents occurred beyond the legal deadline for any prosecution.

..."We don't turn people away because things are out of statute. You come to us, especially with a sexual allegation, we will work with you," the chief said. "We address these things seriously, and it's not just because it's Mr. Cosby."

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-bill-cosby-20141204-story.html

Now Cosby sues: Embattled star launches legal action against woman who claims he sexually assaulted her when she was just 15 at the Playboy Mansion

12/4/2014 11:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bill Cosby is lashing out at the woman who claims he got her drunk and then sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 ... saying she's a liar who tried extorting him and raising the price as new women came forward.

...Cosby is demanding that the lawsuit get dismissed, and he wants monetary sanctions as well.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/04/bill-cosby-accuser-extortion-playboy-mansion-judy-huth/

Cosby strikes back at accuser: She tried to extort him

5:47 p.m. EST December 4, 2014

Bill Cosby's lawyers have struck back at one of his accusers in court, declaring that she tried to extort him for a quarter-million dollars and that she attempted to sell her story to a tabloid a decade ago.

If so, it would undermine the lawsuit Judy Huth filed against Cosby on Tuesday in California, claiming he molested her at the Playboy Mansion 40 years ago when she was 15.

In a court filing Thursday by Cosby's attorney, Martin Singer, is seeking dismissal of Huth's lawsuit and monetary damages, according to The Associated Press.

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/12/04/cosby-strikes-back-at-accuser-she-tried-to-extort-him/19907997/

My question is what was a 15 yr old doing at the Playboy Mansion?

Like many 15 year olds, she was probably somewhere without her parents' permission or knowledge. Why did the 50 year old Hefner invite her?

Like many 15 year olds, she was probably somewhere without her parents' permission or knowledge. Why did the 50 year old Hefner invite her?

Good question. I sure would have liked to talk to her parents.

Good question. I sure would have liked to talk to her parents.

Even if her parents knew she was there, that doesn't mean a 15 year old child was fair game for a bunch of middle-aged perverts. Any decent man would have seen that she was put in a taxi and driven home.
Disgusting.

Not a lot of "decent men" at the Playboy Mansion. What do you think they were there for, the food and music?

Not a lot of "decent men" at the Playboy Mansion. What do you think they were there for, the food and music?

Well, I can imagine that some men who were interested in 'socializing' with sexy adult women might draw the line somewhere.

thank you for asking this question.....I was totally gobsmacked with that possibility too.

50 yr olds seem weird old and yucky to most 15 yr olds == IME

I think it would be pretty difficult for a 15 year old to tell her parents or police about being raped at the Playboy Mansion.
Imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am already a very educated woman. By the way, put downs are not acceptable on WS, which this last comment clearly implies. I simply do not share your views - nothing to do with education.

You stated you don't know what these women have to gain? MONEY. For several million dollars (or more) there are plenty of women (and men) who would subject themselves to just about anything. The public soon forgets. I would guess in a few years no one will remember the accuser's names.

If the object is to be heard, why a civil suit? They are currently being heard. Money is not a part of being heard.

I guess one could consider me a courageous woman, especially since I posted my controversial opinions. I would definitely have "taken Cosby on" or anyone else no matter what. I would not have needed other people to help me make an accusation. Safety in numbers? What did they think, that Cosby was going to kill them? Please do not say things were different in the 1970's, 1980's, etc. People are people, no matter what the date.

I am convinced that there is truth to many of these allegations. However, I absolutely do agree with your earlier comment that some women are just jumping on the bandwagon. I realize I am not directly quoting you, but paraphrasing. I have already been attacked for saying that not only do I not believe Janice Dickenson, I think she has hurt the "real" victims because she has so little credibility.

The reality is that some people will do anything for fame and to try to attach our own moral standards to some of those types just doesn't work. I wouldn't make a sex tape to begin with, even in my younger, prettier days, and would have been horrified if one was made without my knowledge. Yet Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton were perfectly happy to have one broadcast for their shots at fame. So for someone to say that it is just too humiliating or embarassing for a woman to make this type of thing up, is innacurate, IMO. It may be humiliating for many, but for some, not so much.

Again, I do believe there is fire when there is this much smoke. But I think it's naive to believe that every single one of these women are credible. It doesn't change what kind of person he is. I am certainly not suggesting we revere the man if he only raped 10 women instead of 19. A pig is a pig. But a liar is a liar too and, IMO, lying about this for fame is absolutely despicable because it casts doubt on the women who really did suffer.

I also do not share the Gloria Allred love. The woman is an ambulance chaser and I am only amazed at how long it took her to get herself insinuated into this case. She adds no credibility whatsoever IMO.

have already been attacked for saying that not only do I not believe Janice Dickenson, I think she has hurt the "real" victims because she has so little credibility.

SBM -

I think rather than "attacked", you got pushback on what you said because you didn't simply say that you didn't believe JD, that you believe she has no credibility, but said, among other things, that "she should shut the H up and go away". :rolleyes:

That's no way to refer to an alleged victim, no matter what you think about them personally. Unfortunately though that kind of reaction is all too common - we see it when a prostitute, or thief or drug addict gets murdered as well. As if the crime against them is justified somehow because of questionable and even what one would consider to be immoral choices in their life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we see it again just now - all the pearl clutching over a 15 year old at the playboy mansion. The unsaid implication being that if she was there, it was her or her parents' fault - not that it was the fault of the adults at this mansion who allegedly invited her, allowed her to stay, and attacked her.

BREAKING NEWS: Bill Cosby accused of sexually assaulting TWELVE Playboy bunnies - as club hostess claims comic drugged and raped her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...b-hostess-claims-comic-drugged-raped-her.html
Cosby asked Masten if she wanted a cocktail before dinner and she drank a glass of Grand Marnier and ice he handed her.

'The next thing I knew, it was 4 o'clock in the morning,' she told CNN: 'I woke up in a bed naked, bruised. He was laying next to me, and I slithered out of the bed... I got myself together, I went downstairs, I got in a cab, and I went home.'

Asked if she knew what had happened, Masten said: 'There were bruise marks all over me. I knew I was raped.'

Masten said she told her supervisor at the Playboy club soon after the alleged assault, only to be told: 'You know that's Hef's best friend, right?', referring to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.

Masten recalled: 'I said, 'Yes.' She said, 'Well, nobody is going to believe you. I suggest you keep your mouth shut'.'

-I can’t believe Hefner didn’t know about this –

Code of silence (imo)

Hefner has always been a disgusting pig.

Even if her parents knew she was there, that doesn't mean a 15 year old child was fair game for a bunch of middle-aged perverts. Any decent man would have seen that she was put in a taxi and driven home.
Disgusting.

Seems H Hefner did not do this.

Hefner will, undoubtedly, be called to testify in the civil trial. Wonder what he will say.

I was thinking the same as you: it strikes us as very odd today that someone would "take a pill" (or two or three) just because Bill Cosby handed them to her, but the 1970s were a very different time: "Turn on, drop out" and all that jazz. Add the reverence we feel towards celebrities in our culture and I have no trouble believing naive young women took a pill or several pills just because Cosby told them they needed an "herbal" remedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member