Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if someone takes a pill from a guy willing to get high, it gives no one a licence to rape her.

I didn't know what the brain damage reference was and had to google it and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMSc97UksM

Maybe it was funny at the time but now it just sounds kind of mean to his wife and kids

As if she deserved his infidelity because she lost some of her youthful beauty with the stress of family life?

Bill Cosby is one of the world's most respected and well-known entertainers and comedians.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001070/
Throughout the years, Bill Cosby has taken a socially conscious tone, often associated with family values, coupled with a distinctly urban spin on his style. He will go down in entertainment history as one of the most successful and most respected entertainers in the world.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001070/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

IMDB hasn't gotten around to hearing about this yet

Best known for her role as Rose in the Oscar-winning "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," Moritz said either way, she is hoping to wrangle Cosby's other accusers for a mass meeting online or in person.

"I definitely would love to get together with all the women and discuss everything. I have some possibilities that we can do," the Cuban-born actress said, mentioning the possibility of a support group or foundation.

She denied a report she's trying to organize a class action lawsuit.

"There's probably nothing I could do from a legal standpoint that could help me, but there's possibly something that can be done. Maybe one of the other girls," she said. "I could help them with whatever they do."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...s-suit-alleged-sex-assaults-article-1.2021751

old but i hadn't seen this

JD is fuming there

I'd guess the alleged victims are/will be receiving push-back from BC's people. So for these women it's fight or flight and for JD it's fight. jmo

Additionally, LAPD investigations may open up a whole can of worms from interviewing some of these men that were allegedly around when BC drugged/raped women (if true), tracking down the suppliers/drugs, more potential victims etc etc. Some of BC's friends may be implicated if this is bigger than BC as someone on here pointed out in this thread earlier.

Im still in the not believing it category. I think this will end up all being about money and I am not believing it without proof or a trial. This is just a news story and people are ready to hang him without proof or trial or evidence.

Like the UVA story.. all of a sudden it may have big problems...

We need to stop jumping to conclusions before there is actual legal actions and people get their day in court.. IMO

Im still in the not believing it category. I think this will end up all being about money and I am not believing it without proof or a trial. This is just a news story and people are ready to hang him without proof or trial or evidence.

Like the UVA story.. all of a sudden it may have big problems...

We need to stop jumping to conclusions before there is actual legal actions and people get their day in court.. IMO

Hopefully Rolling Stone gets sued over the UVA thing and it also looks like Lena Dunham's story is untrue too.

Ya know what, guys? Once upon a time I was taken advantage of by my boss. I knew he was a bit free with his hands, but I still went out with him, fell for it, when he "had" to drop by his home, and got maneuvered into a sex act that I really didn't want.

Ya know who I blame? ME!!! I blame me because "I" knew better and didn't have the cajones to stand up to him and say no, or maybe I was a bit flattered, and maybe I even hoped to gain something. C'mon ladies, take responsibility for yourselves.

Ya know what, guys? Once upon a time I was taken advantage of by my boss. I knew he was a bit free with his hands, but I still went out with him, fell for it, when he "had" to drop by his home, and got maneuvered into a sex act that I really didn't want.

Ya know who I blame? ME!!! I blame me because "I" knew better and didn't have the cajones to stand up to him and say no, or maybe I was a bit flattered, and maybe I even hoped to gain something. C'mon ladies, take responsibility for yourselves.

Well that's sad but I'm not sure your story is directly relevant to what some of these women said happened to them. No doubt in hindsight every one of them wishes they would have done something differently starting from the moment they met Cosby and avoided it. But assuming it's true that certain women were secretly roofied and fell unconscious it makes having the cajones to stand up and say no irrelevant because even if you had them you would still be unconscious and unable to take personal responsibility for yourself, just the way he wanted you to be.

I wonder, if he had drugged you and you woke up and realized you had been sexually assaulted, would you have "taken responsibility for yourself"?
Imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet everyone of us girls has a story like that. If not every than most. I get that men need to be held accountable for criminal actions but there are times girls willingly walk into situations and it goes to far and they regret it. Then they call abuse or molestation or rape. It really makes me angry because I know there are women out there everyday that are sexually assaulted and it is horrible and those that are guilty should be punished. But society is getting so mixed up. No one is accountable for their own actions. No one is held to any standard and you can now come out 20 years later call someone a rapist and people just start buying it without proof or evidence.

It really turns my stomach.

Im sorry for me there needs to be proof. To ruin someone and take their livelihood there needs to be proof. If you get 25 women together who call claim something someone better have proof.

I wonder, if he had drugged you and you woke up and realized you had been sexually assaulted, would you have "taken responsibility for yourself"?
Imo

Considering there is no way to take a blood test now from 20 years ago it would be hard to tell if that is what happened..

Well that's sad but I'm not sure your story is directly relevant to what some of these women said happened to them. No doubt in hindsight every one of them wishes they would have done something differently starting from the moment they met Cosby and avoided it. But assuming it's true that certain women were secretly roofied and fell unconscious it makes having the cajones to stand up and say no irrelevant because even if you had them you would still be unconscious and unable to take personal responsibility for yourself, just the way he wanted you to be.

Well, since they did go with him, obviously to a "private" place, accepted Pills from him, they knew/or should have. Nope, they wanted something, and if it had been on the up and up, the meeting would have been public, IMO, and since they say it was not, "I" believe they knew what they MIGHT have been getting into.

I have no sympathy, and little belief in their sad tales. We can make all the excuses for these women, years after, that we want, but I see a band wagon and a lot of hungry women, then and now, with an axe to grind.

Sure, Cosby MAY have been somewhat of a predator, who knows, but he sure found enough women willing to take that risk for their own betterment. Even way back when we knew better.

In my opinion only

I bet everyone of us girls has a story like that. If not every than most. I get that men need to be held accountable for criminal actions but there are times girls willingly walk into situations and it goes to far and they regret it. Then they call abuse or molestation or rape. It really makes me angry because I know there are women out there everyday that are sexually assaulted and it is horrible and those that are guilty should be punished. But society is getting so mixed up. No one is accountable for their own actions. No one is held to any standard and you can now come out 20 years later call someone a rapist and people just start buying it without proof or evidence.

It really turns my stomach.

Im sorry for me there needs to be proof. To ruin someone and take their livelihood there needs to be proof. If you get 25 women together who call claim something someone better have proof.

IMO, there is logically something very inconsistent when people get angry that women who got raped and sexually molested think that it was wrong even if they willingly went into a dangerous situation. Why aren't they held accountable for their actions... ?

The other side of that coin is that the rapists and molesters should get a pass, it was all the victim's fault. That is IMO where society is getting so mixed up. No one is accountable for their own actions if they take sexual advantage.

Victims have always gotten blamed.

Well, since they did go with him, obviously to a "private" place, accepted Pills from him, they knew/or should have. Nope, they wanted something, and if it had been on the up and up, the meeting would have been public, IMO, and since they say it was not, "I" believe they knew what they MIGHT have been getting into.

I have no sympathy, and little belief in their sad tales. We can make all the excuses for these women, years after, that we want, but I see a band wagon and a lot of hungry women, then and now, with an axe to grind.

Sure, Cosby MAY have been somewhat of a predator, who knows, but he sure found enough women willing to take that risk for their own betterment. Even way back when we knew better.

In my opinion only

We must agree to disagree. Even if you get someone to go into a private place with you, even if you think they want to use you for career advancement, even if you're convinced that they're willing to sleep their way to the top, even if they get high with the pills you offered.

Even so, you have no licence to rape them.

I don't care if it's hookers in a brothel straight out from a full day's work, giving anyone a pill to knock them out and then commit sexual acts on their unconscious frame is a crime.

Some of them actually said that they had been willing to have consensual sex with him.

Doesn't mean he had the right to have unconsensual sex with them while she was unconscious.

IMO, there is logically something very inconsistent when people get angry that women who got raped and sexually molested think that it was wrong even if they willingly went into a dangerous situation. Why aren't they held accountable for their actions... ?

The other side of that coin is that the rapists and molesters should get a pass, it was all the victim's fault. That is IMO where society is getting so mixed up. No one is accountable for their own actions if they take sexual advantage.

The problem is there is no proof that any of that happened. Lets just say that I know about what can happen and so my perspective is relevant.. I also know what happens to men who have had their lives nearly ruined by false allegations. I never ever just assume anyone is telling the truth. And when it comes to rape people do. They never seem to contemplate whether someone is really telling the truth or has an agenda.. And it bothers me. A lot.

If he did it, Prove it and then I will get on board. But I just don't believe this at this point. No one in all of the 30 years ever went and pursued a real case. None of them had evidence and proof but now they want us all to believe them?! Sorry.. I can't.

Real Victims should never be blamed for anything.. Prove to me they are victims and I am on board.

And victims of rape specifically have always been blamed for their rape in ways other victims do not get blamed.

If a man is mugged, no one says "what were you doing out at 2 am in that part of town?" Or has his money and jewelry stolen, no one says "well what were you wearing? Were you nicely dressed?" Or "How do we know you were robbed at knifepoint? How much did you have to drink?"

If someone's car is stolen, no one says "what do you expect, driving such a nice car? You might as well have posted a sign that says 'steal me'"

No, it is victims of rape that are almost consistently blamed and disbelieved.

Imo

The problem is there is no proof that any of that happened. Lets just say that I know about what can happen and so my perspective is relevant.. I also know what happens to men who have had their lives nearly ruined by false allegations. I never ever just assume anyone is telling the truth. And when it comes to rape people do. They never seem to contemplate whether someone is really telling the truth or has an agenda.. And it bothers me. A lot.

If he did it, Prove it and then I will get on board. But I just don't believe this at this point. No one in all of the 30 years ever went and pursued a real case. None of them had evidence and proof but now they want us all to believe them?! Sorry.. I can't.

Real Victims should never be blamed for anything.. Prove to me they are victims and I am on board.

It seems to me that you're making it impossible for anyone to have been raped 40 or so years ago.

I mean, you won't believe it without proof but what kind of proof would you accept?

What kind of proof are you expecting to get?

There were no DNA tests even available in the 60's- 70s. If there's semen it would have told people that there was sex but not if it was consensual or not. Tox screens were somewhat less developed as well, and if no tests were taken right away it would be too late now. Even if they could detect the presence of a substance in the victim's blood it's only he said she said about whether she took it voluntarily knowing what it was. Rape doesn't necessarily leave visible bruises and injuries, particularly if the victim is unconscious. For the most part there probably aren't too many eyewitnesses to rape. If there is filmed evidence it's probably with the rapist and not easily available to the victims.

So there will in all likelihood be no proof coming up, beyond the testimony of the people recounting what happened.

This is not true just in this case where it's famous people involved, but every case. So are we to conclude that because there is no proof, (and you won't believe anything without proof), that very very very few people ever got raped in the 1960s.?

It's very dangerous to conclude that no one can be a real victim if there is no proof.

If we set an impossibly high standard for proof then we will never believe that many dangerous predators are indeed dangerous individuals worthy of being scared of and lots more people will end up victimised.

Court has their own standards of proof but personally I've seen enough that I'd never let my daughter alone in a room with Bill Cosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe