Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for focus

I'm old and not up on the latest slang for the most part. What are twitches?
Now, Izzy...you really press the need for rebuttal.
Twitches...for the sake of question...is my own little make-up word. :), as I admire your signature line!

Oh I know, let's play a word game!

Pretend you're back in third grade. Which definition best fits the sentence?

All courtesy of the Urban Dictionary.

A. Twin *****es, girls identical in appearance and both are *****y in attitude.

B. (Derogatory) A *advertiser censored*; a tease; a general nuisance; someone who uses sex (or the promise of it) to get what she wants without regard for other people's feelings. Combination of twit and *****; also referring to someone who walks in a suggestive ("twitchy") manner.

C. Someone who is in a bad mood.

D. An annoying species of man, quite unique to this earth. Loud and obnoxious, the Twitch will often present with adult braces. When angry, Twitch's will inherit Don Vito-like tendencies, forming words outside of any formal language.

E. Twitch is a scapegoat that is easily blamed for anything and everything. Once blamed enough there would not be a doubt that the Twitch did it.

F. A mix between the words twig & *****, meaning skinny *advertiser censored* *****es that can wear whatever the **** they want and still be flawless. Twitches eat a shitload of hamburgers but always maintain their twig figures while some of us turn into a ****ing watermelon.

G. The definition of a Twitch : A chick that has intentions on turning friends or family members against each other so that in the end she gets exactly what she wants and no one is in the way to stop her.They're really good at controlling men.But in the end the Twitch doesn't know what she wants, and when shes done draining the fun out of the man she loves, she eventually leaves him.

If my son or daughter is accused by 21 or more alleged victims, it would be difficult but also would be clear to me that I don't know my kid the way I thought.
Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you would support that your son or daughter be pilloried by the community prior to him or her having a trial?

And you would support that your son or daughter be pilloried by the community prior to him or her having a trial?
Well duh, I can say for sure that no family member is going to "support" their family member being pilloried in the press. Doesn't mean it's not deserved. Every criminal comes from a family. None of those families is happy about it. No brainer, imo.

If 21 or more victims come forward and accuse my child they probably deserve to be pilloried. Of course I'd hate it, I'm a mother, but my hating it would not take away from their role in bringing that negative attention upon his or herself.

Wow. you must not think much of your dad. I would never think my dad could do something like that.

Are you saying if your father was accused of rape by 21+ women you WOULD leave your daughter or granddaughter alone with him? Wow, you must not care much about the safety of your daughter/granddaughter. Because 21 testimonies against your dad is a lot of evidence that you don't know him all that well. I'm shocked you would risk it. Imo

Tell me, how many accusers against your father would it take for you to secure the safety of your daughter/granddaughter?

I think Cosby is being crucified in opinion. It would make a difference...if anyone posting here were verified...either in his camp, or the 'ladies' camp. All we know is what we hear and read...then settle our minds on judgement. Simple as that.

Are you saying if your father was accused of rape by 21+ women you WOULD leave your daughter or granddaughter alone with him? Wow, you must not care much about the safety of your daughter/granddaughter. Because 21 testimonies against your dad is a lot of evidence that you don't know him all that well. I'm shocked you would risk it. Imo

Tell me, how many accusers against your father would it take for you to secure the safety of your daughter/granddaughter?

I know my dad would never rape anyone.

Well duh, I can say for sure that no family member is going to "support" their family member being pilloried in the press. Doesn't mean it's not deserved. Every criminal comes from a family. None of those families is happy about it. No brainer, imo.

If 21 or more victims come forward and accuse my child they probably deserve to be pilloried. Of course I'd hate it, I'm a mother, but my hating it would not take away from their role in bringing that negative attention upon his or herself.

If I knew a family member committed a crime I would support all of the negative consequences.

All these hypotheticals aside...the fact remains, TV Land, NBC, Temple University and various venues have found 21+ accusers credible enough to cancel his shows or reruns, or to end their association with him.This opens them up to legal cases against them by BC. Interesting that he has not pursued any legal recourse against these moves. Wonder why?

The LAPD finds the accusations credible enough to open an investigation despite the lapsed statute of limitations. This says a lot, imo.
It will be interesting to see what comes of their investigation, imo.

I think Cosby is being crucified in opinion. It would make a difference...if anyone posting here were verified...either in his camp, or the 'ladies' camp. All we know is what we hear and read...then settle our minds on judgement. Simple as that.

Of course the alleged witnesses claims must be corroborated and backed up by other facts, evidence and witnesses. No one is suggesting otherwise, but posters are only privy to what is available. Not dismissing alleged victims is not the same as crucifying BC. But minimizing allegations of drugging and raping women is not helpful either. Alleged activity is dangerous and public safety issues, so society should be interested in the truth. jmo

I'm curious if the Cosby defenders have a theory on why a large number of women didn't jump on a potential bandwagon when Woody Allen was accused? If you believe every single one of these women is lying, what is their incentive, and why didn't a similar percentage of women try the same thing with Woody Allen? They both have similarly long careers and money, I'm sure.

Bonus points if you can answer without trying to turn it into a referendum on Woody Allen's guilt or innocence, which is not my point.

Someone (?) asked earlier if I would provide my father access to my daughter or granddaughter if he (dad) had been accused of multiple violent rapes. Hell, no. I love(d) my dad, but I just couldn't take a chance with my children's well- being. If dad is innocent, the worst thing that could happen would be a breach in the relationship. If dad is guilty, the worst thing that could happen would be that my darling daughter or son would be violently and vile-ly abused. You can't let family sentiment get in the way of protecting an innocent and vulnerable child. Ask the Sandusky children how they felt and what they did.

I guess I missed the statement from the mothers of the Cosby grandchildren.

On Constand’s 2005 filing of the Police report. -She’s a very courageous woman. (imo)
-A year later, on Jan. 13, 2005, she went to the police. During the case, Constand's lawyer, Dolores Troiani, went on MSNBC's Abrams Report and explained the year's delay in telling law enforcement.

--And what happened was that she was having nightmares. She was experiencing many difficulties in trying to—in her mental focus and she finally came forward to her mother and immediately went to the police, not weeks later ... She was in school. There was constant talk about consent and touching. And all of that triggered in her, her understanding that she had to come forward and she had to seek help.

Just three days after she went to the police, the calls began. Either Cosby or one of his representatives would phone up Constand or her mother, always offering either an apology or money, she would later tell the court. There were at least four calls, according to Constand, and among the Cosby reps was lawyer Martin Singer, known in Hollywood as one of the go-to pit bulls for celebrities in need of getting a scandal quashed and a master of the nasty letter. Constand said she didn't accept anything.

http://deadspin.com/the-former-basketball-player-who-brought-down-bill-cosb-1661203971

The clear lesson for women is this--call the cops immediately if you want the system to work.
But “the system” as we know it today was non-existent in the 60’-70’s.

-Developed in the late 1970s, sexual assault medical forensic exams (commonly known as “rape kits”) are intended to assist in the adjudication of sexual assault cases.

http://citation.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/5/1/8/0/9/p518092_index.html

And “the system” today, may or may not be as readily accessible as one realizes.
The problem doesn’t end with this intrusive and humiliating procedure. The 2005 Violence Against Women Act mandates that victims must have access to rape kits and that the state must pay for them, whether or not the victim intends to prosecute. And yet rape kits still aren’t widely available: Of the top 100 colleges ranked by U.S. News and World report, only four college health facilities offer them in the first place. (Don’t count on nearby hospitals, either.)

https://medium.com/matter/first-comes-the-rape-then-comes-the-rape-kit-e4f4e05d42fa

I am finding some of the verbiage being used as part of these discussions to be most interesting. Bill Cosby is being "pilloried" and "crucified"? Oh, come off it.

The media are doing what media do - they are reporting. They seem to be giving the straight-forward facts regarding each allegation as it is revealed. What should they do? Fail to report it?

I suspect this whole thing is not over - not by a long shot.

I'm curious if the Cosby defenders have a theory on why a large number of women didn't jump on a potential bandwagon when Woody Allen was accused? If you believe every single one of these women is lying, what is their incentive, and why didn't a similar percentage of women try the same thing with Woody Allen? They both have similarly long careers and money, I'm sure.

Bonus points if you can answer without trying to turn it into a referendum on Woody Allen's guilt or innocence, which is not my point.
The most obvious answer would be to make it a racial issue -- that is it mostly white women who are trying to ruin the life of a black man.

I don't think that is the case, however, since there is nothing in anything that any one these women said that would suggest race is an issue at all.

You posed an interesting question, though, and another nail for the coffin.

On Constand’s 2005 filing of the Police report. -She’s a very courageous woman. (imo)

The clear lesson for women is this--call the cops immediately if you want the system to work.
But “the system” as we know it today was non-existent in the 60’-70’s.

And “the system” today, may or may not be as readily accessible as one realizes.

And lest we forget, back in the 1960's and 1970's the law did very little to accommodate a rape victim in the courtroom. Often the victim was cross-examined more harshly than the accused and unless she had an “impeccable” reputation the outcome of the trial was that the rapist walked and she was branded an “easy” woman.

Rape shield laws started trickling through the judicial system in the late 70's but it took a number of years before all courts recognized them and even more before society accepted that rape is rape, regardless of what the woman was wearing or if she had consumed a cocktail.

Is it any wonder that the women who encountered BC would have been reluctant to come forward? Many were aspiring actresses and models. IMO at least in some of these cases it came down to facing jurors who were certain to judge them as immoral or goldiggers, let their rapist walk free, and at the same time destroy any future they hoped to have in their chosen career. Rock. Hard place.

Rape law has been a site for the moral condemnation of women who have not led sexually chaste lives. Historically, the law insisted that the sexual history of a woman who alleged that she was raped was relevant to the truth of her allegation.

A chaste woman was considered more likely to have resisted the defendant’s sexual advances and to have lodged a legitimate claim of rape. An unchaste woman was considered more likely to have consented to the defendant’s advances and to have lied about it later.

Embedded within rape law, therefore, was an informal, though powerful, normative command that women maintain an ideal of sexual abstinence in order to obtain legal protection.

http://www.vawnet.org/Assoc_Files_VAWnet/RapeShield.pdf

DA's believe BS ALL THE TIME.

Of course there are individual cases where the DAs have made the wrong call but that was not my point.
The quote illustrates that people who know very well how the law works don't automatically assume that the victims are lying if they can't prove the crime.
He is not wrong about that, criminals go uncharged and unconvicted due to lack of evidence all the time.

Donjeta, hopefully at age 77 his equipment is no longer working so well. But I guess you never know.......
He made some jokes about that on one of the late shows he was on before the media storm and the message was that it was getting harder to perform to his wife's satisfaction, but I guess he might tell stories for the sake of making people laugh and we don't know how frank it was.

But the thing about rape is that you don't necessarily need your equipment to be in perfect working order to violate a person's sexual autonomy, there are other ways to penetrate and molest them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member