Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www./1665152/rosie-odonnell-...osby-accuser-new-alleged-victim-is-number-26/

Here’s the dialogue of Rosie and Whoopi Goldberg’s conversation about the Cosby rape allegations.

“I got a private message from one of the Bill Cosby accusers,” Rosie said. “Twenty-six women now have accused Bill Cosby. One of them wrote me privately. She is an older woman in her 70s and she lives in the Southwest and she has never been on camera and she was saying she knows at least one is true. Her. And she has sought no financial gain and wants no attention. So it’s interesting that people who do come forward are sometimes seen as people having an alternate agenda.”

Read more at http://www./1665152/rosie-odonnell-...eged-victim-is-number-26/#c5Yp0MSghVgJxsYv.99

Why sue only Cosby? Why not sue the Playboy Club if a 15 yr old (or others) was raped there? The club has lots of $. Why not sue network producers/networks (see previous post) of BC's show if there were complaints of Cosby's sexual advances? Aren't employers liable? Aren't workplaces supposed to be safe? Then, too, think of all the $ these organizations have. Maybe some women haven't thought of this yet.

If they sue everyone, they're greedy gold diggers who are making it up. If they don't sue everyone they're afraid of going to court because they're making it up.

JMO but the chances of bringing a successful lawsuit against network producers for workplace safety because one of their stars allegedly drugged and assaulted you in his brownstone home in the 70's are even slimmer than the chances of suing the alleged attacker.

I don't believe suing a producer who wasn't even there is likely to make anyone feel better about getting justice.

This is mostly about being heard and bringing out their side IMO.

It must have been sticking in their craw a lot seeing him getting honorary awards here and there and hearing his accolades when they know what he's capable of doing.

Yeah, yeah. MOST of you seem unwillingly to consider BC could do ANYTHING wrong, much less take advantage of some young woman.

I initially disbelieved these claims myself. Now? I think his behavior over the years is questionable. Maybe these women aren't as "innocent" as they're now claiming to be. The deciding factor on BC's character for me, however, is that WAY too many women are now claiming misconduct and really have nothing to gain except having their OWN reputations called into question.

My opinion, and only my opinion, is that: YES. BC behaved inappropriately. He had the star power and had "the law" on his side BECAUSE of his much revered reputation. It doesn't matter to me a bit at this point whether or not these incidents can be legitimately be called "rape".

What matters to me now is that he clearly has behavior issues and relied on his reputation to fend off any kind of investigation at the time some of these women initially ATTEMPTED to come forward.

Reading SOME of the posts on this thread, I feel myself transported back into the pre-women's rights era.

Excuse me and carry on. :facepalm:

All the accusers who have come forward aren't even saying that he raped them. Some reported getting drugged and getting the hell outta there, some said they were groped or something.

All the accusers who have come forward aren't even saying that he raped them. Some reported getting drugged and getting the hell outta there, some said they were groped or something.

I understand that. What infuriates me about SOME of the posters on this thread are those that stubbornly refuse to even consider that BC has clear behavioral issues and has been granted special dispensation by SOME, including prosecutors and the male dominated LE at the times these women FIRST attempted to come forward.

I watched a documentary a few weeks ago on H2 about the 1960's. It included not only the civil rights movement for blacks, but ALSO the women's rights movement that began in the LATE 1960's and into the MID 1970's.

It seems that SOME here don't remember that as recently as 1970, that in SOME states women weren't even allowed to serve on a jury! It seems that SOME here are caught in that time warp where NO man was held accountable for anything. If a woman had a problem with a man if was HER fault. She shouldn't have been in his presence. She was dressed wrong. She asked for it.

:banghead:

What Bill Cosby's Crimes can Teach us About Sexual Predators

Repeat offenses are common in cases of sexual assault and rape
Published on December 11, 2014 by Azadeh Aalai, Ph.D. in The First Impression
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ys-crimes-can-teach-us-about-sexual-predators

"Sexual predators are often repeat offenders—particularly those with the power (and often arrogance) to continue to commit these heinous acts without detection. The very type of disposition that facilitates such violence oftentimes includes a sense of entitlement, and that feature does not typically go away, particularly when perpetrators get away with their crimes against women. Indeed, in reflecting on research related to another timely headline (that of sexual assaults against women on college campuses), 9 out of 10 of these assaults is committed by serial rapists (Gustafson, 2014)."

What Cops Are Really Thinking When a Woman Claims She Was Raped

In theory, there’s a big difference between a rape report that’s simply not true and one that’s unlikely to lead to an arrest and conviction. But at least in this police department, the distinction can be lost on officers—from their perspective, they’re both a waste of time.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...at_one_police_department.html?wpisrc=obinsite

From the article, "And at least one officer said that cops with more experience investigating sex crimes know that the responding officer’s judgments are often “inaccurate” and that alleged victims are routinely “misjudged.” One bit of good news: Even when officers had suspicions about the veracity of a report, they had to still complete the necessary paperwork and hand it off to detectives."

For some it is difficult if not impossible to file LE report b/c of shame, etc and they don't want to relive it over and over again. BUT encouraging victims of rape/sexual assault to file a police report should be a must because it will create a paper trail for the perpetrator, so if the perpetrator violates other person(s) then hopefully more likely to charge perpetrator (or if perpetrator evolves into other criminal activity). Providing continuing education for children, young adults and college students to understand improper behavior, roofies, what to do in an awkward situation is important (like allegedly Beverly Johnson realized that she was being drugged and was able to get away from BC by confronting him with "foul" language). Basically if society/media/etc isn't taking charge then women/men need to be proactive and figure out other ways to prevent these types of crimes. I wish someone clued me in before college. I'm sure that these women sharing their stories help other women/men cope and it provides some comfort in knowing one isn't alone. I have faith that we're moving forward as a society. Awareness is key. jmo

Yeah, yeah. MOST of you seem unwillingly to consider BC could do ANYTHING wrong, much less take advantage of some young woman.

I initially disbelieved these claims myself. Now? I think his behavior over the years is questionable. Maybe these women aren't as "innocent" as they're now claiming to be. The deciding factor on BC's character for me, however, is that WAY too many women are now claiming misconduct and really have nothing to gain except having their OWN reputations called into question.

My opinion, and only my opinion, is that: YES. BC behaved inappropriately. He had the star power and had "the law" on his side BECAUSE of his much revered reputation. It doesn't matter to me a bit at this point whether or not these incidents can be legitimately be called "rape".

What matters to me now is that he clearly has behavior issues and relied on his reputation to fend off any kind of investigation at the time some of these women initially ATTEMPTED to come forward.

Reading SOME of the posts on this thread, I feel myself transported back into the pre-women's rights era.

Excuse me and carry on. :facepalm:

You may be correct on the early assaults, but some accusations are more recent. To name a few:
Lachelle Covington Year of Alleged Incident: 2000
Michelle Hurd Year of Alleged Incident: 1995

http://www./1665152/rosie-odonnell-...osby-accuser-new-alleged-victim-is-number-26/
Here’s the dialogue of Rosie and Whoopi Goldberg’s conversation about the Cosby rape allegations.

“I got a private message from one of the Bill Cosby accusers,” Rosie said. “Twenty-six women now have accused Bill Cosby. One of them wrote me privately. She is an older woman in her 70s and she lives in the Southwest and she has never been on camera and she was saying she knows at least one is true. Her. And she has sought no financial gain and wants no attention. So it’s interesting that people who do come forward are sometimes seen as people having an alternate agenda.”

Read more at http://www./1665152/rosie-odonnell-...eged-victim-is-number-26/#c5Yp0MSghVgJxsYv.99

Dr. Lillian Glass was on Tricia's radio show earlier this evening. She said that a woman like Whoopi would not have been someone that BC would target to drug and rape because she would likely be too outspoken straight away.

There is no doubt in my mind that BC is guilty of the charges. I hope he is left with only a dime once this is all said and done.

Further, I believe that this type of behavior is more wide spread than most even consider it to be. I recall John Travolta being involved in several similar accusations. These type of people happen to have access to plenty of hush money.

OMO

Your chances are slim. Despite claims that "men are convicted of rape every day," many cases never make it to the courtroom:

The Criminal Justice Response. Despite the prevalence of rape and sexual assault, many offenders are neither arrested nor prosecuted. A number of factors may contribute to low arrest rates – but police biases (e.g., believing that many victims falsely claim rape to get
attention, or that only those who’ve been physically injured are telling the truth) persist, and may account for some officers’ unwillingness to make an arrest. Also, the trauma that often accompanies a sexual assault can leave a victim’s memory and verbal skills impaired – and without trauma-sensitive interviewing techniques, a women’s initial account can sometimes seem fragmented.

Even when arrests are made, prosecutors are often reluctant to take on rape and sexual assault cases – and, in some jurisdictions, the backlog of untested rape kits can also be a factor in low prosecution rates.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/sexual_assault_report_1-21-14.pdf

BBM. it is infuriating that there is a backlog on processing rape kits and getting the DNA evidence. How many serial rapist or repeat offenders are out there, able to continue to attack women because the system is not processing kits. If I were a woman who was attacked by a man whose DNA was in one of those backlogged cases sitting on a shelf for years, i would want to sue the system for their failure to do their job.

As for BC, there just seems to be more damning evidence everyday. How odd that this started was all fired up by a comment by a male comedian. When it was women making the comments for decades before this, they were not paid attention to but for some reason this guys comment somehow started this firestorm of accusations. I am glad it is coming out but it sickens me to know that there are people out there like that committing offenses so boldly secure in the knowledge that others will cover for him because of his fame or fortune.

Fame and fortune and even some kind of reverse racism... He became a symbol for positive African American things and you can't tear an icon down. Like, "if Bill Cosby is revealed to be a criminal what will they think of the rest of us?"

Like most Americans, I spent the 60s, 70s, and part of the 80s in awe of Bill Cosby and his total domination of popular culture. He was the first African American to star in a dramatic television series, I Spy, a show my family in Buffalo, New York, always watched. Cosby cut a striking figure on-screen then. He was funny, smart, and even elegant—all those wonderful things many white Americans didn’t associate with people of color. In fact, as I thought of going public with what follows, a voice in my head kept whispering, “Black men have enough enemies out there already, they certainly don’t need someone like you, an African American with a familiar face and a famous name, fanning the flames.”

Finally, I reached the conclusion that the current attack on African American men has absolutely nothing to do at all with Bill Cosby. He brought this on himself when he decided he had the right to have his way with who knows how many women over the last four decades. If anything, Cosby is distinguished from the majority of black men in this country because he could depend on the powers that be for support and protection.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2014/12/bill-cosby-beverly-johnson-story

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/02/showbiz/bill-cosby-allegations/
Allison said that, because she's African-American, she was especially reluctant to speak out, as Cosby has long been revered in that community. About a decade ago, Allison said, a friend alleged to her that Cosby had done something similar to her, but Allison urged her "to keep quiet."
"And I feel guilty, I feel horrible," Allison said. "You're raised to, 'Shhh, don't talk.'"
Now is different, though. Meeting face-to-face with Bowman and Valentino is part of her "healing process," she said.
"It wasn't about him, it was about what was best for me," added Allison. "...When you tell the truth, it really does set you free. I never understood what that meant until now."

Why sue only Cosby? Why not sue the Playboy Club if a 15 yr old (or others) was raped there? The club has lots of $. Why not sue network producers/networks (see previous post) of BC's show if there were complaints of Cosby's sexual advances? Aren't employers liable? Aren't workplaces supposed to be safe? Then, too, think of all the $ these organizations have. Maybe some women haven't thought of this yet.

Allred could have been preparing those suits even as you wrote this.

---
[H]e offered me a cappuccino from the espresso machine. I told him I didn’t drink coffee that late in the afternoon because it made getting to sleep at night more difficult. He wouldn’t let it go. He insisted that his espresso machine was the best model on the market and promised I’d never tasted a cappuccino quite like this one.
---
What happened next is somewhat cloudy for me because the drug was in fuller play by that time. I recall his seething anger at my tirade and then him grabbing me by my left arm hard and yanking all 110 pounds of me down a bunch of stairs as my high heels clicked and clacked on every step. I feared my neck was going to break with the force he was using to pull me down those stairs.
---
the rest here: Bill Cosby Drugged Me. This Is My Story. (Vanity Fair)

This is the part of the story that sticks in my mind and disturbs me the most. Snipped for focus

" dialed the private number he’d given me expecting to hear his voice on the other end. But he didn’t answer. His wife did. A little shocked, I quickly identified myself to her in the most respectful way possible and then asked to speak to Bill. Camille politely informed me that it was very late, 11:00 P.M. and that they were both in bed together.

At a certain moment it became clear that I would be fighting a losing battle with a powerful man so callous he not only drugged me, but he also gave me the number to the bedroom he shared with his wife."

Words fail me. It's not logical that Beverly J was the only one of his so-called mentorees that BC gave this phone number to. Was Camille so used to these kinds of calls that she just shrugged it off, rolled back over, and went to sleep?

Too this is well after the late 1970s "affair" that may or may not have produced Autumn Jackson, which Camille later said she knew about at the time.

Yet Cosby still had the cojones to give Beverly J. the number.

More and more I have to wonder about Camille's mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams