Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all these accusations only one claims she was actually sexually assaulted. I still think this is smoke from smoke.

Every single time I see the title of this thread it makes me incredibly angry! Poor bloody BC 'haunted' by these allegations!!! How about rape survivors that are haunted for the rest of their damn lives, because some decides to do that to them. I am a rape survivor and I may be extra sensitive, but ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gaah:

I don't disagree, but I believe the thread title was a quote of the original article that the thread began with. Just FYI.

Every single time I see the title of this thread it makes me incredibly angry! Poor bloody BC 'haunted' by these allegations!!! How about rape survivors that are haunted for the rest of their damn lives, because some decides to do that to them. I am a rape survivor and I may be extra sensitive, but ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gaah:

While I see your point of view, in this case, I think haunted is an appropriate word in that it seems that BC is being chased down by something insubstantial yet powerful and unavoidable, ghostly impressions of past actions that cannot be driven away. Further, IMO, if the allegations are true, those ghosts are of his own making.

There's an Urban dictionary definition that I think applies.

haunted: the state of chronic depression and gloom created by a cataclysmic personal event
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=haunted

A rape is a cataclysmic event in the victim's life, and if BC was involved in even one of these alleged violations, he darn well should be haunted by what he did. He should be depressed that he was capable of devaluing someone's personhood. He should feel ashamed that he attacked someone who was vulnerable to him in terms of financial power, social power, and physical strength. If true, even one outrageous act of dishonouring someone should prevent his experiencing any alleviation of his remorse.

From the way BC's actions have been described by some of the alleged victims, he was vampiric--stealing their confidence, their security, their joie de vive, their pride, their feelings of self worth. If true, then, IMO, BC was feeding from their trust, their naivete, their adoration, and their hopes and dreams in order to bolster his own sense of accomplishment and dominance. He seems to have been trying to rob them of their future so he could make his own present psychological and emotional circumstances more liveable. As time went on, again if the allegations hold true, he seems to have been trying to vampirically take the energy of their youth to stave off the effects of aging. However, the rejuvenating or reinvigorating effects of each encounter only lasted for so long, and a new hunt would begin and the number of those he had violated increased--still more memories which could rise to the surface to preoccupy his thoughts.

It's fitting then that, if these as yet unverified allegations are proven to be true, BC's carefully constructed persona has begun to disintegrate in the sunlight of public scrutiny.

(JMO, but I think the alleged victims should probably referred to more as the alleged survivors. Having rebuilt their futures, they are reclaiming their pasts in an amazing role reversal. But all this, in my mind at least, hinges on the veracity of their allegations.)

IF I see smoke coming out of a house, I am NOT going to wait until I see fire to pull some one out! JMO but that doesn't make a lick of common sense! And where this post lands is random! Who would do that?

Marty Singer has written a scathing letter to CNN Prez Jeff Zucker, claiming his reporters are out to get Cosby in a special the network is doing with model/actress Beverly Johnson.

Johnson claims Cosby drugged her in the mid '80s at his NYC home. Singer says in his letter -- obtained by TMZ -- he contacted the CNN reporters and told them they should get in touch with Mark Burk, who was Johnson's live-in boyfriend from 2006-2009.

Singer says Burk told CNN reporters Beverly "never said a negative statement about Bill Cosby throughout their entire four year relationship." Singer goes on, "Burk told CNN that to the contrary, Ms. Johnson stated that she was an admirer of Bill Cosby and only said great things about Mr. Cosby."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/20/bill-cosby-beverly-johnson-cnn-jeff-zucker-drugs-rape/#ixzz3MSisN0Ui

Oh, an ex of Johnson's says she never said a negative thing about Cosby, big whoop. I haven't told my husband every bad thing ever done to me by a man. Does that mean if I told someone in 30 years I'd be a liar?

Poor old Singer is desperately grasping at straws if he's dredging up Beverly Johnson's ex-lovers to discredit her. The woman is a very credible witness against BC, and this feeble attempt to cast doubt on her story just makes Singer look bad. There is no effective defence coming out of the Cosby camp, just desperation.

imo

Oh, an ex of Johnson's says she never said a negative thing about Cosby, big whoop. I haven't told my husband every bad thing ever done to me by a man. Does that mean if I told someone in 30 years I'd be a liar?

Poor old Singer is desperately grasping at straws if he's dredging up Beverly Johnson's ex-lovers to discredit her. The woman is a very credible witness against BC, and this feeble attempt to cast doubt on her story just makes Singer look bad. There is no effective defence coming out of the Cosby camp, just desperation.

imo

Also, Ms. Johnson alluded in the Vanity Fair article to her ambivalence about going public with her accusations against Cosby considering, in her own words, "Black men have enough enemies out there."

Then there's this. It looks to me as if Cosby's team didn't "vet" their character witness Burk very well.

A spokeswoman for Indio Superior Court in California told Page Six that Burk was convicted in January 2009 of making “terrorist” threats against Johnson after she claimed he broke into her house and threatened to kill her. Court papers show he was handed 36 months’ probation and three days in jail.

http://pagesix.com/2010/12/24/model-rages-over-exs-show/

Snipped for focus.

Wow. Just wow.

I'd heard mention of this speech but hadn't read it until now. It might sound a little better vocalized, but either way this is one of the most incoherent, disjointed speeches I have ever read. Not to mention hateful.

I would think someone with a "doctorate" in education could be a bit more articulate.

And someone with the so-called goal of inspiring "these" people to something better would show a bit more compassion.

Friends baffled as Camille Cosby stands by Bill amid scandal
By Stacy Brown
December 20, 2014 | 9:32pm
http://pagesix.com/2014/12/20/friends-baffled-as-camille-cosby-stands-by-bill-amid-scandal/

"The friend described Camille as always having “a quiet firmness...I know that in speaking with her — and we’re usually honest with each other — she seems to believe that the women will be exposed eventually so it’s best not to say anything,” she says. "But maybe the eventuality of her husband being exposed has arrived.”"

(*This article is somewhat off-putting to me, because there is a religious figure who comments in it, and somehow it doesn't seem appropriate in these types of case(s); (speaking as a Catholic here). Jmo and not exactly sure why off-putting to me, but an interesting read nonetheless.

Bill Cosby's silence may be his best defense at this point

Associated Press'
By BRIAN MELLEY 9 hours ago
http://news.yahoo.com/bill-cosbys-silence-may-best-defense-point-163003282.html

"...The job of Cosby's lawyer is to prevent a repeat of that scenario by keeping him out of the limelight so he doesn't breathe new life into old accusations, Geragos said. It's somewhat akin to a lawyer not having their client testify, which can expose them to battering cross examination"...
That may be at odds with what a crisis counselor would suggest. "Often, they want a client to be as open as possible, apologize for any wrongdoing and promise not to do it again," said Daniel Keeney, of DPK Public Relations in Dallas."

All of this leaves me to wonder -- Just MOO -- what really happened when Lisa Bonet left Cosby? The story we heard at the time was Cosby was reportedly very upset about Bonet's movie w/ Mickey Rourke (Angel Heart) and her Playboy mag spread. His reasoning was she was not portraying the wholesomeness and values that The Cosby Show was known for.

I find it ironic that he continually pushed her out of the business (she also left the spinoff A Different World) because of what he deemed her rebelliousness, but I have to admit, since this has come to light I have to wonder what really happened with he and Bonet. She's not talking, so we may never know.

Bill Cosby bought those "degrees" he has. It is as simple as that. The shame of it is that rather than coming from a diploma mill, they were purchased from legitimate institutions of higher learning. But, hey, a $20 million endowment would likely turn the head of any university president. Because their job performance is rated on their ability to attract such endowments.

I agree. One might alert on this post and request a name change, stating one's reasons, as here. (I just did.).

ETA first pointed out at post #31, first Cosby Rape thread btw.

All of this leaves me to wonder -- Just MOO -- what really happened when Lisa Bonet left Cosby? The story we heard at the time was Cosby was reportedly very upset about Bonet's movie w/ Mickey Rourke (Angel Heart) and her Playboy mag spread. His reasoning was she was not portraying the wholesomeness and values that The Cosby Show was known for.

I find it ironic that he continually pushed her out of the business (she also left the spinoff A Different World) because of what he deemed her rebelliousness, but I have to admit, since this has come to light I have to wonder what really happened with he and Bonet. She's not talking, so we may never know.

I watched the show as a kid and never particularly cared for BC or adults on the show, but thought Lisa Bonet/her character was so cool (and think she still is) and remember her abrupt departure. Maybe because I liked her character so much it, but it seemed like a really awkward departure Idk.

We still haven't heard from anyone from "The Cosby Show" and I respect that. There could be so many reasons for them not to publicly speak. God forbid, hypothetically speaking, if BC tried anything on the actress(es) on the show, it would be awful to have to work with him day in and day out. Can't imagine that, it would be akin to torture jmo.

“She’s always believed in him. She’s not the short-leash type of wife, so it’s not like she’s forbidden him to go to the Playboy Mansion or other things,” one friend said. “It’s part of show business and being a big celebrity.”

Hm that's all right then...?

I guess some women might prefer their spouses to be away as much as possible. Go take your celebrity somewhere else and leave me the credit card, that sort of thing.

Camille was “the most beautiful girl and the nicest person,” Dianda remembers. “I baptized her brother and her sister, and she came from a really good family and, at the time they got married, I don’t think that Bill had any other girlfriends, ever.”

Well he seems to have rectified that omission after the marriage.

Dianda believes, unequivocally, that Bill Cosby is innocent.

“I will help Camille and Bill in any way that they want me to. I’m not going to be embarrassed to say anything. What I know is what I know, and Bill has never done anything to embarrass anyone,” the priest says.

So if you're a serial rapist would you tell your priest about it?

If you're a good Catholic you would of course confess your sins, wouldn't you?

But if you're a good Catholic, would you be a serial rapist?

Even if the allegations turn out to be true, Dianda believes *Camille will not abandon her spouse.

“I hope you have a wife as good as that,” he says.
That wouldn't be a good wife, rather a good doormat. IMO.
http://pagesix.com/2014/12/20/friends-baffled-as-camille-cosby-stands-by-bill-amid-scandal/

imo

Yeah...
a lover with whom I have a rocky relationship might very possibly be the last person I'd tell if I had been sexually assaulted.

While his reputation takes a hit, the comedian could potentially ride out the storm as lawyers knock down old claims in court. But if he says something disparaging about an accuser, as one woman has alleged, he could face a new wave of legal trouble.

"Staying mostly silent may be the best tactic for him given the dangers of saying something that might be libellous," said Eugene Volokh, a law professor at University of California, Los Angeles

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/bill-co...et-with-intentional-silence-experts-1.2880389

If he continues to "hunker in the bunker," he could be criticized for hiding but he may ultimately weather the tempest, Keeney said. Eventually, some other scandal will come along and bump him out of the headlines.

What Cosby and his handlers have to determine is the end game. Does Cosby want to return to the stage, revive the TV show that was in the works and salvage his legacy?

At 77, Cosby may not have the two to three years it could take for a comeback, Keeney said.

"There's not a lot of landing strip," he said. "The other alternative is to call it a career and put up the going out of business sign."

It takes two or three years to regain one's reputation after serial rape claims? So long?

EXCLUSIVE: Dominique Sharpton, daughter of Rev. Al Sharpton, firmly supports Bill Cosby through sexual assault allegations
Cosby was Dominique’s mentor at Temple University, where he served as a board member and encouraged her career in the arts. She and her dad have reached out to the embattled entertainer since the scandal broke that has shattered his reputation.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-firmly-supports-bill-cosby-article-1.2052050
“I think it’s outrageous,” she said. “He was so instrumental to my development, he never tried to even go there that way with me. To see this happen to him — it’s not right. He’s such a cool guy.”
“He was very kind to my daughter,” Sharpton said. “I don’t know the truth or falsities of the allegations, but he was very kind to my daughter.”

Well I don't know either but it occurs to me that attacking Al Sharpton's daughter, of all people, might have been a very stupid move.

Snipped for focus.

Wow. Just wow.

I'd heard mention of this speech but hadn't read it until now. It might sound a little better vocalized, but either way this is one of the most incoherent, disjointed speeches I have ever read. Not to mention hateful.

I would think someone with a "doctorate" in education could be a bit more articulate.

And someone with the so-called goal of inspiring "these" people to something better would show a bit more compassion.

There's an MP3 file of some clips at the link if you want to hear.
The delivery sounds like another standup act.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for the award -- and giving me an opportunity to speak because, I mean, this is the future, and all of these people who lined up and done -- they’ve got to be wondering what the hell happened. Brown V. Board of Education -- these people who marched and were hit in the face with rocks and punched in the face to get an education and we got these knuckleheads walking around who don’t want to learn English. I know that you all know it. I just want to get you as angry that you ought to be. When you walk around the neighborhood and you see this stuff, that stuff’s not funny. These people are not funny anymore. And that‘s not my brother. And that’s not my sister. They’re faking and they’re dragging me way down because the state, the city, and all these people have to pick up the tab on them because they don’t want to accept that they have to study to get an education.

"These people"...

It sounds a tad hypocritical from somebody who didn't study to get his education but bought his degrees.

Yeah...
a lover with whom I have a rocky relationship might very possibly be the last person I'd tell if I had been sexually assaulted.
My side of the pond - 83% don't report sexual assault to police. 29% don't even tell close friends or family...much less a lover on the outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member